5 days Road Trip in Malaysia - suggestions & tips?

therock

Hi,

I have no where to go this December. Wondering where to go in Malaysia.

Any new places that is not too far (4 hours and lesser drive)?  I want to go somewhere that I have not been.  I have been to KL, malacca, PD, Kluang, Cameron, Genting, Ipoh, Penang, Kukup, Desaru, Kuantan.  Tioman is out due to Monson.

I have tried to google but can't find anything new.  Any farm stay or kampong stay elsewhere or other places that is interesting? 

I have been to Kluang UK farm and dun like the other Kluang farms that I have googled.

Thanks alot.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Any new places that is not too far (4 hours and lesser drive)?  I want to go somewhere that I have not been.  I have been to KL, malacca, PD, Kluang, Cameron, Genting, Ipoh, Penang, Kukup, Desaru, Kuantan.  Tioman is out due to Monson.

I have tried to google but can't find anything new.  Any farm stay or kampong stay elsewhere or other places that is interesting? 

I have been to Kluang UK farm and dun like the other Kluang farms that I have googled.

Thanks alot.

some time it is not about where you go but what you experience in the journey, i did one trip without driving, take train, coach, plane, boat, walking, from penang to ipoh to cameron to KL, a lot of kpkb from my wife and kids, but i am very sure they will remember (hate) this trip forever   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hi,

Thanks alot.

U have not visited the Trong duck farm? Go here and see my thread : http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2699092-malaysia-trong-leisure-farm-and-resort/?hl=trong

Got waterfall for your kids to enjoy too. And many other activities.

some time it is not about where you go but what you experience in the journey, i did one trip without driving, take train, coach, plane, boat, walking, from penang to ipoh to cameron to KL, a lot of kpkb from my wife and kids, but i am very they will remember (hate) this trip forever   [laugh]  [laugh]

Most of the places in Malaysia I went until sian liao.  Thus thinking of somewhere I have nvr been.

I will be going RC cruise in early Dec but still got many days of annual leave to clear thus thinking of driving-in during towards the end December.

U have not visited the Trong duck farm? Go here and see my thread : http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2699092-malaysia-trong-leisure-farm-and-resort/?hl=trong

Got waterfall for your kids to enjoy too. And many other activities.

I saw your thread and post some questions earlier liao.  [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

If want to drive not more than 4hrs, u can try visiting Negeri Sembilan. There is the Ulu Bendul Waterfalls to visit and also if you like history on MY royal, can visit Sri Menanti Museum.

Last year TNP SUV challenge, it brought us to that part of MY. Never been there before. During the challenge it was a quick look only so hope one day can visit there again. PD is not too far away from there too. So probably visit both at the same time.

Padi fields in Sekinchan, Pulau Ketam cycle and eat seafood just opposite Port Klang, stay in Avani resort or somewhere in Selangor .. can consider.

Nice recommendation. I have never been there before. I like to eat rice and seafood. [:p]

Will visit one of these days.

If want to drive not more than 4hrs, u can try visiting Negeri Sembilan. There is the Ulu Bendul Waterfalls to visit and also if you like history on MY royal, can visit Sri Menanti Museum.

Last year TNP SUV challenge, it brought us to that part of MY. Never been there before. During the challenge it was a quick look only so hope one day can visit there again. PD is not too far away from there too. So probably visit both at the same time.

Thanks.  I'll google about it.  :)

Padi fields in Sekinchan, Pulau Ketam cycle and eat seafood just opposite Port Klang, stay in Avani resort or somewhere in Selangor .. can consider.

Ok.  I'll go and check it out.  thanks.  :)

check out

My Gopeng Resort

Gua Tempurong

both are on the way from KL to Ipoh

at Ipoh there is also Banjaran Resort by Berjaya but kid below 10 cannot check in - it's an atas romantic resort for couple to piak piak

google it

in sekinchan beside padi field there is also a beach

very small beach but some fun and lots of seafood restaurant in sekinchan

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Anyone ever driven Route 5 all the way from JB to Ipoh.

Many years ago well before the NSH I used to drive it to KL, took maybe 7 + hours iirc.

Driving it up all the way to Ipoh it looks like it passes through some very picturesque scenery and some sleepy towns.

Might do it one day.

wow!  The place looks relaxing.

Been thinking of where to go also. Same requirements....4hrs driving only. Tinking of lexis hibiscus at pd. Wat else to do there?

Been thinking of where to go also. Same requirements....4hrs driving only. Tinking of lexis hibiscus at pd. Wat else to do there?

• Praise 1

I see Lexis hibiscus PD hor, the room pool is quite small, smaller than Grand Lexis PD room pool.

I see Lexis hibiscus PD hor, the room pool is quite small, smaller than Grand Lexis PD room pool.

i've checked. they r almost same. exec pool villa in grand is abt 76sqm while hibiscus is 71sqm. ok la...not much difference. n hibiscus is still new, so overall should b better. u went b4?

i've checked. they r almost same. exec pool villa in grand is abt 76sqm while hibiscus is 71sqm. ok la...not much difference. n hibiscus is still new, so overall should b better. u went b4?

Wow!  You even went to check the measurement!  OIC, so they are almost the same size.  I think one is square while the other is rect.

I've never been.  Perhaps you can read some review from the bloggers.

https://melissathegreat.com/2016/04/06/short-getaway-to-lexis-hibiscus-port-dickson/

http://bumblebeemum.net/2015/06/27/lexis-hibiscus-port-dickson-resort-hotel-review-executive-pool-villa/

https://travellingbyqin.blogspot.sg/2015/09/2015-july-lexis-hibiscus-port-dickson.html

• Praise 2

Bros

Should be finalising my route soon for the June up.

Can I ask, from Kuantan home, do you take the coastal road or swing from Kuantan inland to Segamat and then onto the NSH?

I think the coastal road will be more scenic, but if I understand correctly, it's a single lane main road, and I will face a lot of large lorries?

Will be using it on a Monday, probably setting off late morning from Kuantan. 

Thank you

Finally, anywhere on the NS highway that I can buy a local M'sian data SIM?

(edited)

most NSH R&R you cannot buy data SIM

SIM need registration (passport)

most you got is Top Up card unless it's a phone shop

you can buy SIM card from q010 but the card shipped from PRC hor ... using their partner network

another way is find 1 day go JB get the sim card at shopping mall la

can also buy sim card from changi recommend ... more ex than PRC seller in q010 la

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

Bros

Should be finalising my route soon for the June up.

Can I ask, from Kuantan home, do you take the coastal road or swing from Kuantan inland to Segamat and then onto the NSH?

I think the coastal road will be more scenic, but if I understand correctly, it's a single lane main road, and I will face a lot of large lorries?

Will be using it on a Monday, probably setting off late morning from Kuantan.

Thank you

Finally, anywhere on the NS highway that I can buy a local M'sian data SIM?

I will prefer the route 3 coastal road which is more scenic and fun to drive.

↡ Advertisement