Bad Experience with prominent PPS Company

Sglanevo

:yuush:  Posting on behalf of a fellow driver encountering a bad experience with PPS company.

Fellow forummers, appreciate you for taking your precious time to read this post.  [thumbsup] 

Have posted pics as evidence for the claims. 

Note: This is a very long post!!

Just want to share this awful and terrible experience of mine. My dad decided to do Paint Protection System (PPS) for his car hence I researched about various companies on before deciding on one.

Settled with a company which name starts with G, which has loads of awards.

Before I went there, the owner-operator was very patient and friendly in answering my questions. The PPS was done recently on 3rd September 2016 and till date around 2 weeks had passed.

Throughout this 2 weeks, we only washed the car twice, first wash was 1 week after doing the pps and second one was on Thursday night. I found out that the front bumper was not coated because there were no usual effects of PPS seen on that paint area and upon close inspection, minor scratches and minor swirl marks at 4 door handles were clearly visible and not removed. Thus I texted him to inform him about this issue.

Then there comes some messages that were deemed offensive to me.

The Conversation goes like that:

1. Owner-operator told us to go back to take a look and that the door handle have been coated. I know it has been coated but why were the swirls marks and scratches not removed in the first place? Did they just blindly coat the area without removing those? Prolly yes.

2. Asked them what if still unable to rectify their issue despite going down, he said if harsh scratches who able to remove but clearly, the swirl marks and scratches are not really harsh. And FYI, I’ve engaged another detailer to remove it already. Moving on, he offered to respray for free too. So at this point, clearly I wouldn’t want to respray just those small parts because I’m afraid there will be two-toned colour. Hence, I made this casual remark of rather refund portion of the money than to waste the money on respraying. Here comes the most offensive part to me, he said “job was done properly blah blah” and at the last sentence of the message, he said “End of the day, the motive is obvious” I was like hello?? What for would we impose scratches for nothing and go back to ur side to claim for a refund? Do you think we would stoop down to that level?? Seriously!! This is the way he treat his customers im impressed.  [:)] 

3. Continuing the convo, he said that the price I paid was discounted too and that my car was a one year old car with lots of defects. He offered the discount without me mentioning in the first place and now he want to blame me for it? Discounted price does not mean discounted job, if that’s the case, I would rather pay the non-discounted price or patronise another shop. Furthermore, if the car is only one year old yet they are unable to solve how they are going to solve issues on much older cars? Im nt sure.

4. So my dad brought the car back for rectification yesterday but not much work was done except for coating the front bumper. But as for the swirl marks on the door handles, they seemed untouched, except for the driver’s door but scratches still visible. Texted the owner-operator about this, received no reply. And told them I would like a partial refund. Until this morning I received a message from another number saying that they are able to refund me $60. Only a mere $60 for so much trouble of going down again yet unable to solve the issue etc. Furthermore, so troublesome to get the refund of $60. Decided to do away with it.

Really regretted choosing them and have to deal with such bad attitude and poor customer service by the owner-operator. We removed the warranty label on the car and won’t bother going back to their shop anymore.

Thanks for reading this incredibly long message and my motive here is just to share my negative experience to fellow forumers. Have a nice day ahead peeps.  [:)] 

post-67923-0-06765400-1474185388_thumb.jpeg

post-67923-0-48088700-1474185393_thumb.jpeg

post-67923-0-93527100-1474185398_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Sglanevo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

:yuush: Posting on behalf of a fellow driver encountering a bad experience with PPS company.

Have also posted evidence of the claims. Fellow forummers, pls judge and comment.

[thumbsup] Appreciate you taking your precious timing reading this post.

Note: This is a very long post!!

Just want to share this awful and terrible experience of mine. My dad decided to do Paint Protection System (PPS) for his car hence I researched about various companies on before deciding on one.

Before I went there, the owner-operator was very patient and friendly in answering my questions. The PPS was done recently on 3rd September 2016 and till date around 2 weeks had passed.

Throughout this 2 weeks, we only washed the car twice, first wash was 1 week after doing the pps and second one was on Thursday night. I found out that the front bumper was not coated because there were no usual effects of PPS seen on that paint area and upon close inspection, minor scratches and minor swirl marks at 4 door handles were clearly visible and not removed. Thus I texted him to inform him about this issue.

• Owner-operator told us to go back to take a look and that the door handle have been coated. I know it has been coated but why were the swirls marks and scratches not removed in the first place? Did they just blindly coat the area without removing those? Prolly yes.

• Asked them what if still unable to rectify their issue despite going down, he said if harsh scratches who able to remove but clearly, the swirl marks and scratches are not really harsh. And FYI, Iâve engaged another detailer to remove it already. Moving on, he offered to respray for free too. So at this point, clearly I wouldnât want to respray just those small parts because Iâm afraid there will be two-toned colour. Hence, I made this casual remark of rather refund portion of the money than to waste the money on respraying. Here comes the most offensive part to me, he said âjob was done properly blah blahâ and at the last sentence of the message, he said âEnd of the day, the motive is obviousâ I was like hello?? What for would we impose scratches for nothing and go back to ur side to claim for a refund? Do you think we would stoop down to that level?? Seriously!! This is the way he treat his customers im impressed. [:)]

• Continuing the convo, he said that the price I paid was discounted too and that my car was a one year old car with lots of defects. He offered the discount without me mentioning in the first place and now he want to blame me for it? Discounted price does not mean discounted job, if thatâs the case, I would rather pay the non-discounted price or patronise another shop. Furthermore, if the car is only one year old yet they are unable to solve how they are going to solve issues on much older cars? Im nt sure.

• So my dad brought the car back for rectification yesterday but not much work was done except for coating the front bumper. But as for the swirl marks on the door handles, they seemed untouched, except for the driverâs door but scratches still visible. Texted the owner-operator about this, received no reply. And told them I would like a partial refund. Until this morning I received a message from another number saying that they are able to refund me $60. Only a mere $60 for so much trouble of going down again yet unable to solve the issue etc. Furthermore, so troublesome to get the refund of $60. Decided to do away with it.
Really regretted choosing them and have to deal with such bad attitude and poor customer service by the owner-operator. We removed the warranty label on the car and wonât bother going back to their shop anymore.

Thanks for reading this incredibly long message and my motive here is just to share my negative experience to fellow forumers. Have a nice day ahead peeps. [:)]

This is bad. Is this pps shop located at kaki bukit area?

Had a few friends here telling me to stay away from a particular pps shop there before when I was hunting for a pps for my new car.

Anyway should post this in the detailing section too. Since most pps shops are there.

:yuush: Posting on behalf of a fellow driver encountering a bad experience with PPS company.

Fellow forummers, appreciate you for taking your precious time to read this post. [thumbsup]

Note: This is a very long post!!

Before I went there, the owner-operator was very patient and friendly in answering my questions. The PPS was done recently on 3rd September 2016 and till date around 2 weeks had passed.

• Owner-operator told us to go back to take a look and that the door handle have been coated. I know it has been coated but why were the swirls marks and scratches not removed in the first place? Did they just blindly coat the area without removing those? Prolly yes.

• Asked them what if still unable to rectify their issue despite going down, he said if harsh scratches who able to remove but clearly, the swirl marks and scratches are not really harsh. And FYI, Iâve engaged another detailer to remove it already. Moving on, he offered to respray for free too. So at this point, clearly I wouldnât want to respray just those small parts because Iâm afraid there will be two-toned colour. Hence, I made this casual remark of rather refund portion of the money than to waste the money on respraying. Here comes the most offensive part to me, he said âjob was done properly blah blahâ and at the last sentence of the message, he said âEnd of the day, the motive is obviousâ I was like hello?? What for would we impose scratches for nothing and go back to ur side to claim for a refund? Do you think we would stoop down to that level?? Seriously!! This is the way he treat his customers im impressed. [:)]

• Continuing the convo, he said that the price I paid was discounted too and that my car was a one year old car with lots of defects. He offered the discount without me mentioning in the first place and now he want to blame me for it? Discounted price does not mean discounted job, if thatâs the case, I would rather pay the non-discounted price or patronise another shop. Furthermore, if the car is only one year old yet they are unable to solve how they are going to solve issues on much older cars? Im nt sure.

• So my dad brought the car back for rectification yesterday but not much work was done except for coating the front bumper. But as for the swirl marks on the door handles, they seemed untouched, except for the driverâs door but scratches still visible. Texted the owner-operator about this, received no reply. And told them I would like a partial refund. Until this morning I received a message from another number saying that they are able to refund me $60. Only a mere $60 for so much trouble of going down again yet unable to solve the issue etc. Furthermore, so troublesome to get the refund of $60. Decided to do away with it.
Really regretted choosing them and have to deal with such bad attitude and poor customer service by the owner-operator. We removed the warranty label on the car and wonât bother going back to their shop anymore.

Thanks for reading this incredibly long message and my motive here is just to share my negative experience to fellow forumers. Have a nice day ahead peeps. [:)]

Feel for the owner of this car

Sad that the groomer wasn't able to perform

Cheer up man

Hope things can get better with other more professional groomers

I'm sure is more of skills and products :)

Wah I can't believe that u paid so much for such bad service.. Why not go to CASE.. They can help handle disputes.. By paying a small fee. They can write a letter for u on behalf. $60 refund is way too little and stingy.:

Wah I can't believe that u paid so much for such bad service.. Why not go to CASE.. They can help handle disputes.. By paying a small fee. They can write a letter for u on behalf. $60 refund is way too little and stingy.:

:yuush:  Posting on behalf of a fellow driver encountering a bad experience with PPS company.

Fellow forummers, appreciate you for taking your precious time to read this post.  [thumbsup] 

Before I went there, the owner-operator was very patient and friendly in answering my questions. The PPS was done recently on 3rd September 2016 and till date around 2 weeks had passed.

1. Owner-operator told us to go back to take a look and that the door handle have been coated. I know it has been coated but why were the swirls marks and scratches not removed in the first place? Did they just blindly coat the area without removing those? Prolly yes.

2. Asked them what if still unable to rectify their issue despite going down, he said if harsh scratches who able to remove but clearly, the swirl marks and scratches are not really harsh. And FYI, I’ve engaged another detailer to remove it already. Moving on, he offered to respray for free too. So at this point, clearly I wouldn’t want to respray just those small parts because I’m afraid there will be two-toned colour. Hence, I made this casual remark of rather refund portion of the money than to waste the money on respraying. Here comes the most offensive part to me, he said “job was done properly blah blah” and at the last sentence of the message, he said “End of the day, the motive is obvious” I was like hello?? What for would we impose scratches for nothing and go back to ur side to claim for a refund? Do you think we would stoop down to that level?? Seriously!! This is the way he treat his customers im impressed.  [:)] 

3. Continuing the convo, he said that the price I paid was discounted too and that my car was a one year old car with lots of defects. He offered the discount without me mentioning in the first place and now he want to blame me for it? Discounted price does not mean discounted job, if that’s the case, I would rather pay the non-discounted price or patronise another shop. Furthermore, if the car is only one year old yet they are unable to solve how they are going to solve issues on much older cars? Im nt sure.

4. So my dad brought the car back for rectification yesterday but not much work was done except for coating the front bumper. But as for the swirl marks on the door handles, they seemed untouched, except for the driver’s door but scratches still visible. Texted the owner-operator about this, received no reply. And told them I would like a partial refund. Until this morning I received a message from another number saying that they are able to refund me $60. Only a mere $60 for so much trouble of going down again yet unable to solve the issue etc. Furthermore, so troublesome to get the refund of $60. Decided to do away with it.

Really regretted choosing them and have to deal with such bad attitude and poor customer service by the owner-operator. We removed the warranty label on the car and won’t bother going back to their shop anymore.

Thanks for reading this incredibly long message and my motive here is just to share my negative experience to fellow forumers. Have a nice day ahead peeps.  [:)] 

Wow!  thanks brother for the alert. I was comtempatling to get my 4 months old car for PPS since I got a cut and some scrathes. Now I think is better to go back to the Agent to do the job at least anything worng can bang table :)

Wah.. which company is this? Business too good already? Flip a few page in the detailing section, got groomworks, groomerlab, etc.. which one is it?

Very unprofessional of the company to treat the customer like this.

To be fair, after the detailing, didn't your friend inspect the car before taking it and paying?

Surprised a 1 yr old car has that many scratches. Did your friend have it from new? Hope you don't take offence but If so, the way that car is treated, any PPS also 1 year later those scratches will re-appear.

Wah.. which company is this? Business too good already? Flip a few page in the detailing section, got groomworks, groomerlab, etc.. which one is it?

Very unprofessional of the company to treat the customer like this.

Quoted from TS "Settled with a company which name starts with G, which has loads of awards".

​Browse through the detailing session and I guess I know which one :)

• Praise 1

If it's a legit case, I see no reason why scare to post.

Hi hamburger, this is definitely a legit case. The company mentioned they will not hesitate to take legal actions if there's defamation plus I'm not really familiar with the law so decided not to name them, just to be safe. Anyway just sharing my bad experience here thats all.

I saw your photos..  the area there cannot be remove using machine polisher as they need to remove the door handle to do that..  Using manual method will need at least 20 to 40 minutes per door handle area. I suspect they didn't see the condition of your car before quoting you the price and the time required. Maybe they don't have the tools to do the manual removal of swirl mark / minor scratches.

Thus they're in a hurry to finish the PPS for your car due to poor planning and didn't have enough manpower and time to do a proper job for the door handle area.

i would like to know the cost you pay for it, and do you know this was a discounted package?

Hello, we paid $600 for this pps, initially was quoted $700 but the owner mentioned the discount eventually because he wants people to know of their workmanship. Thought this was good as it meant they were confident of their pps but in the end.. 

Hi hamburger, this is definitely a legit case. The company mentioned they will not hesitate to take legal actions if there's defamation plus I'm not really familiar with the law so decided not to name them, just to be safe. Anyway just sharing my bad experience here thats all.

why you reply on behalf of TS?
↡ Advertisement