Recommend a book to a fellow reader

Lala81

The one I like most..

i dun quite like this one although it has many different colorful characters in the story. some how it doesn't seem to be the writing style of jingyong.
↡ Advertisement

I never read "cat in a hat" until i read it to my girl also lol.

Seems like you have the same taste as me  [:)]

I read autobiographies, history, any type of history, sports, philosophy, erotic stories, comics. I can read both english or chinese. I read chinese if it is on china history or chinese personalities or chinese classic novels. There was a period of time I even read shakespeare, just because from not interested in literature and sleeping in class to scoring A2 for O levels which included Julius Caesar as one of the books tested  [laugh]

But seriously it has been a while since I really buy or borrow any books to read. And the last one I read was biography from a footballer John Hartson borrowed from the library. But that was because after taking into account my daughter's books I still left one more item I can loan and library closing soon so just take and go  :XD:

Now I just read what my daughter borrowed  :XD: Since sometimes she asked me to read a couple of chapters to her, so I just read lor [:p]  Save my time looking for books to read and still keep up with some reading. And also know what she is reading, coz the books are chosen by herself. I just finished reading her books "silver dolphins - River Rescue" and "Switch - Lizard Loopy".

Think we have similar tastes in books. Perhaps you would like this ? One of the MCF Bros introduced to me. Really intriguing read. Found myself doing things a little differently after reading it. I got the ePub too. Pm me if you want it otherwise you can always BT it

attachicon.gifIMG_6558.JPG

Thanks. Am reading my current book to learn more about cognitive biases. Maybe look for this one after that. But i think they should be fairly similar. Just that my book describes how they discovered these cognitive biases so it's more boring.

I like to read books as well..mainly novels  from authors like Clive Cussler, James Rollins, Mattew Reilly, Lincoln child Child/Douglas Preston, Simon R Green, Jeremy Robinson, etc...

Edited by Strat
  • Praise 1

Wah sounds heavy going, worse than robert jordan haha

[laugh]

Somewhat heavy.  Plot, writing and characters are excellent.  Plot line has war, battle scenes, politics, gods and all their maneuvering, main characters die.  Each book is relatively self-contained and the series is complete, unlike someone *cough* Martin *cough*.  

https://www.goodreads.com/series/43493-the-malazan-book-of-the-fallen

Jordan? Haha, after the like millionth time reading "box his / her ears",  and hearing poor old Rand whine and moan, I stopped at Path of Daggers.   :XD:  

• Praise 1

I like to read books as well..mainly novels  from authors like Clive Cussler, James Rollins, Mattew Reilly, Lincoln child Child/Douglas Preston, Simon R Green, Jeremy Robinson, etc...

Wow, didn't know someone else reads Simon R Green.

Loved his deathstalker series. Nightside wasn't bad but stopped reading after The unnatural inquirer/just another judgement day. Can't remember which one.

Wow, didn't know someone else reads Simon R Green.

Loved his deathstalker series. Nightside wasn't bad but stopped reading after The unnatural inquirer/just another judgement day. Can't remember which one.

I love the deathstalker series as well.. very space opera.

His Secret history is not bad as well, it's like James Bond with super armor...  [:p]

• Praise 1

[laugh]

Somewhat heavy.  Plot, writing and characters are excellent.  Plot line has war, battle scenes, politics, gods and all their maneuvering, main characters die.  Each book is relatively self-contained and the series is complete, unlike someone *cough* Martin *cough*.  

https://www.goodreads.com/series/43493-the-malazan-book-of-the-fallen

Jordan? Haha, after the like millionth time reading "box his / her ears",  and hearing poor old Rand whine and moan, I stopped at Path of Daggers.   :XD:  

I stopped at book 8. but brandon sanderson finished the series for him.

Brandon sanderson is damn good, i have to say.

One of my favourite series though the last book was bit weaker than the first 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reckoners

I love the deathstalker series as well.. very space opera.

His Secret history is not bad as well, it's like James Bond with super armor...  [:p]

got a bit kua zhang though.

I preferred the nightside series.

I just discarded the Secret History 1st 2 books that day cos my parents place undergoing reno. The man with the golden Torc. Quite forgettable to me.

Two of my favourite books

- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

- Shawshank Redeemption by Stephen King

LOL!! Omg, I did Of Mice and Men for literature in secondary school!  [laugh]

Liked the movie but never read before Stephen King books. Think my wife reads a few.

I did this for Lit last time.

The Pearl by John Steinbeck.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5308.The_Pearl

Still bores my socks off. 

• Praise 1

The author is the happiest.

Earn money writing happy books. Many XMMs waiting in line for him to sign books. Author gets free googles...

:D

something light and uplifting.

wahseh...all like very knowledgable. 

I read this kind...have a few full boxes at home, can't sell on carousell also. 

Maybe next time pass to my son as "chinese enrichment" 

feng_yun2.jpg

• Praise 6

I have boxes of manga at home also lah.

Threw away my Initial D, Kekkaishi and some others on Saturday also. I already threw away some few years back.

Haha hundreds and maybe couple thousand dollars.

wahseh...all like very knowledgable. 

I read this kind...have a few full boxes at home, can't sell on carousell also. 

Maybe next time pass to my son as "chinese enrichment" 

feng_yun2.jpg

I have boxes of manga at home also lah.

Threw away my Initial D, Kekkaishi and some others on Saturday also. I already threw away some few years back.

Haha hundreds and maybe couple thousand dollars.

saw this below my block [sweatdrop]

post-1109-0-11456500-1474254783_thumb.jpg

my daughter collected quite a lot of Archie's comics since pri sch. i am thinking where to throw [laugh]

↡ Advertisement