Are Car Companies Getting Hungry For Sales?

therock

116d OMV = SGD 23k

Price of 116d from BMW.DE FROM EUR 25k (ex. VAT)

Based on BMW.DE price, is it possible to achieve PML selling price?

By the way, i have not bought any new car before.

Lower your expectations a bit la...

In-line 3 should suffice

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

But grab/uber model is to allow people to own a car and yet can earn money from it, somehow it might work?!

If this is the case, I wonder why got these people still driving taxi and not grab/uber? In bad times, who are your customers? 

I do like the grab/uber which gives our taxi some competitions. But we don't have the market for that many taxi or grab/uber. Otherwise the taxi companies would have expanded long ago. Don't forget, grab/uber is not confined to Singapore market. So their global and what is going to happen here is very different.

If car sales do slow, I wonder if dealers will be tempted to shift units by offering them at low prices to Uber / Grab companies, and thus 'cheapen' the car?

IIRC, the current LCR stable of cars include:

- Vezel

- Attrage

- Mazda 3

- Almera

- Slphy

- Axio

If car sales do slow, I wonder if dealers will be tempted to shift units by offering them at low prices to Uber / Grab companies, and thus 'cheapen' the car?

IIRC, the current LCR stable of cars include:

- Vezel

- Attrage

- Mazda 3

- Almera

- Slphy

- Axio

Still have K3, Sienta,

The expo show seems to show some dealers are more hungry and in need of numbers, so it may be worth your while exploring these dealers.

99k for a VW Golf sounds pretty good especially if there's a guaranteed COE  [laugh]

The expo show seems to show some dealers are more hungry and in need of numbers, so it may be worth your while exploring these dealers.

99k for a VW Golf sounds pretty good especially if there's a guaranteed COE [laugh]

Eeeeee ... not the DSG lah, please!
  • Praise 1

Big ads plastered all over the papers today.

The difference?

Now the byword is "guaranteed COE" - prices have gone up, perhaps to cover this guaranteed, 1 bid purchase, but it may be a sign that the year end, pre-CNY sales didn't materialise..

There's a big list of cars now, per Lion City Rentals website below. 

Amongst the more surprising names, you can get an almost new Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, VW Jetta, brand new Prius etc (https://www.lioncityrentals.com.sg/fleet-pricing/)

I also saw a BMW 2AT that day. Cannot assume its only Attrage and Vezel anymore ... 

Don't know how sustainable this business model is...

it is substainable because of the stupig COE system we have in place.

as long as an organisation has enough moolah, they can hog most of the COE driving up the prices to a level average people cannot afford. Singaporeans being Singaporeans who wants to drive will LL lease from them lor.

Win win for the gahmen, ensure $$$ from COE is stable, at the same time SIngaporeans achieve their dreams to drive the cars they want. Best still, change car every year also no problem.

Sibeh smart [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

There's a big list of cars now, per Lion City Rentals website below.

Amongst the more surprising names, you can get an almost new Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, VW Jetta, brand new Prius etc (https://www.lioncityrentals.com.sg/fleet-pricing/)

I also saw a BMW 2AT that day. Cannot assume its only Attrage and Vezel anymore ...

Don't know how sustainable this business model is...

i think it is jsut a 'loop hole' for rental cars. there will be people wishes to big hidher ends cars but coukdnt afford the down payment and long term commitment. sooner or later, it will suffer once they have peaked in number. It is already a technical recession although we alresdy see this a year ago. anyone think 2017 would be better?

i think it is jsut a 'loop hole' for rental cars. there will be people wishes to big hidher ends cars but coukdnt afford the down payment and long term commitment. sooner or later, it will suffer once they have peaked in number. It is already a technical recession although we alresdy see this a year ago. anyone think 2017 would be better?

no one can tell, and these days mainstream media seem capable of getting things 180 degrees wrong too.

when recessions happen the default back-up job these days is uber driving.

so lcr may actually see more rentals, even if uber income goes down.

no one can tell, and these days mainstream media seem capable of getting things 180 degrees wrong too.

when recessions happen the default back-up job these days is uber driving.

so lcr may actually see more rentals, even if uber income goes down.

I do like your positive thinking. Sincerely hope our economy is doing well.