My experience of changing my tyres in Malaysia.

Eagle_Eye

my B-I-L always change his tyres in Malaysia..

really much cheaper?

I never.. cos Malaysia don't have my size..

I'm using 195 45 15

but I'm thinking of 175 65 15 for comfort..

maybe can be even more efficient? :D

However, I fear when comes to immediate stopping.

Is the rubber good enough as compare to 195.

↡ Advertisement

Bro, I have checked with ERA Maju and they quoted me RM280/piece. Yes they are cheaper than Singapore, but not cheapest in JB. 

Hi guys,

I usually change my tyre and rim at Era Maju.

They are one of the authorised Michelin reseller.

They quite reputable in JB...has 3 branches.
- Desa Jaya (original)

- Rosmerah (My usual shop to do servicing and change tyre.)

- Mout Austin

Last year September, I trade my 15" rim to 17" w/Michelin SP3 tyre from Era Maju. I did compare the tyre price with Singapore and found that they are still cheaper.

What I like is they do balancing and alignment but in Singapore only provide balancing.

Just another option for you guys. [sunny]

Bro, I have checked with ERA Maju and they quoted me RM280/piece. Yes they are cheaper than Singapore, but not cheapest in JB.

you not scared har....people say MY car, tyre and food is dangerous to consume and use. Everything made in or bought in MY is no good and dangerous...no qc...qc cmi! Good things about MY is the XMM and the petrol....

Every time got such thread sure got ppl slam Malaysia automotive industry so bad. Like as if we have one to speak of.

I also just changed my tyres RE003 in JB at hawk tyres. Made in Indonesia. Same model same make same country manufactur, Singapore sell more expensive by S$30 each. In JB, they even throw in free computerized alignment and balancing.

I believe those bigger tyres made in Europe or US will be expensive over there. My 2 cents.

• Praise 6

HEHE.. when u say XMM where r u refering? got lobang? [:p]

you not scared har....people say MY car, tyre and food is dangerous to consume and use. Everything made in or bought in MY is no good and dangerous...no qc...qc cmi! Good things about MY is the XMM and the petrol....

Every time got such thread sure got ppl slam Malaysia automotive industry so bad. Like as if we have one to speak of.

I also just changed my tyres RE003 in JB at hawk tyres. Made in Indonesia. Same model same make same country manufactur, Singapore sell more expensive by S$30 each. In JB, they even throw in free computerized alignment and balancing.

I believe those bigger tyres made in Europe or US will be expensive over there. My 2 cents.

its not only about cars....everything about MY sure kana slam...

LOL.. like also pun boleh.

of course not lah. MCF got many richie rich forummers so of course they do everything in SG lar. They most likely will lose business if caught in the causeway jam. Save $100-200 but lose thousands in their trading and business. If me also i will think twice! Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

haiz.. too bad im poor.  [:(]

of course not lah. MCF got many richie rich forummers so of course they do everything in SG lar. They most likely will lose business if caught in the causeway jam. Save $100-200 but lose thousands in their trading and business. If me also i will think twice!

Good!! I have been using ERA Maju since 2009 and find that they are reliable and safe.

their sales supervisor can give me alot of advise and helpful.

I made my trip last week to JB to change my set of tyres Michelin 195/65R15 XM2 4pcs Made in Thailand 2016 tyres at RM240 per piece. The tyre performance was really great and I got saving of atleast RM500 as compare to changing to Singapore (Saving from Tyres & Petrol). The cheapest price I could get in Singapore for this particular tyre was S$120/piece, and thus the discount is at least 50% as compared to changing tyres in JB. You guys can check it out this seller at Carousel @ https://carousell.com/p/66822027/. The service was great and I enjoyed a good Bak Kut Teh at Taman Sentosa [;)]

Good lobang.

Did he change new tyre valve for u? The ad never mentioned.

Edited by Fcw75