Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Think the G30 is only slightly better drive than the E........... must think first

Why you never jump ah?

ð

When I bought the in 2015 PML overtrade not good leh......... maybe the SE matters.

Bro I already jumped .
↡ Advertisement

Yes . Do it at your comfort level . Another reason why I enter now is because you can see alot of new models coming up with BMW Lexus and Merc. These belongs to cat b . I foresee cat b will up end year with cat A down . I maybe wrong

That’s what I think too. Facelift C class, S60, ES250.... all coming. I change becos I itch but I get a small small car

Thatâs what I think too. Facelift C class, S60, ES250.... all coming. I change becos I itch but I get a small small car

How about Toyota vios? Small enough?

How about Toyota vios? Small enough?

That’s actually larger on the inside than the CLA.. the Corolla for example offers more interior space than the C Class. Easier entry into the rear too the roof really dips due to the sleek cabin.

Different class in terms of price and finish perhaps but food for thought...

• Praise 1

That’s actually larger on the inside than the CLA.. the Corolla for example offers more interior space than the C Class. Easier entry into the rear too the roof really dips due to the sleek cabin.

Different class in terms of price and finish perhaps but food for thought...

how about mini. small enough?

Or same. Got the A class

the new A class is nice but the 1 piece seats turn me off . drove the current A for 2 years and i sold it off. the longer i sat the more uncomfortable it becomes. dont know why i bought it initially. the back seats also too upright. 

the new A class is nice but the 1 piece seats turn me off . drove the current A for 2 years and i sold it off. the longer i sat the more uncomfortable it becomes. dont know why i bought it initially. the back seats also too upright. 

And you want to sell to me...  [laugh]

If I were to get a mini, will get a used one. I got the last batch of W176, I agree the last row is too upright but can push back a little so not that bad. For now at least my kids didn’t complain much.

For the driver side I find it still ok, my first Benz so I kind of like it but on the practical side I should have got a 2L Jap sedan

The current Mazda 6 fits the description of that practical Jap sedan well. Cheaper too.

If you don’t something less tried and new, the skoda superb is impressive. Different badge but the Czechs know how to put a car together well.

If I were to get a mini, will get a used one. I got the last batch of W176, I agree the last row is too upright but can push back a little so not that bad. For now at least my kids didn’t complain much.

For the driver side I find it still ok, my first Benz so I kind of like it but on the practical side I should have got a 2L Jap sedan

i can understand.. the best part is i like the doors .. very solid and the closing sound is nice.

When COE dropped 40k the price dropped 20k.

Mystery of the missing 20k?

1.VES - for example car went from 20k discount to neutral band

2. AD profit margin - your AD just makan 20k more which brings me to point 3

3. Overtrade - Ta Dah....... thatâs why they can offer 20-30k more

ð

I also considering. Essentially I can sort of exchange C Class(bought at 232k) to E Class at about same depreciation...... hmmmmm tempting.

But E Class like a longer C Class leh.......... tempted by the dark side where a vehicle comes without signal indicators...... but worry for my passengers...... ultimate drive for me means they may puke more.

ðð

Yes and also the new E has a higher OMV. More taxes. I usually keep my car much much longer but the significant drop in COE is tempting me as well but the lousy trade in offers so far has yet to push me over the edge.

You must be one of the first to buy the C, quite a premium you paid.

530i is a very good drive (won't puke one lah and much better than the run of the mill 520i) but PML pricing is not attractive. The "official" margin based on listed price is almost 100k. Mercy and PI are probably eating their lunch.

Update : the (M) mode can be activated with + or - paddle from (D) mode. 

Still I don't see any practical reason to press +  paddle from (D) mode. 

To be frank, it takes alot of effort to try to understand what you are trying to express. Maybe english is not a language you are comfortable in.

The sentence you cut and paste, and which I highlighted in bold, ARE MY OWN WORDS. Thanks for insinuating I am qualified to write an instruction manual.

Let me clarify a few of your misinformation.

1. There is no practical situation on the road to need to go one gear higher manually from full auto (D). So why would anyone want to press the + paddle shift to activate the (M) mode? Just down gear immediately already.

Edit: I have never even attempted to upshift from (D) mode, so cannot say for sure if (M) can be activate. Will try this evening and update here later.

2. Pressing and holding the + is to change from (M) to (D) mode. Nothing to do with OD (which I assume you meant over drive gear) which is the final gear in the transmission ie. 9th gear in 9Gtronic and 7th Gear in 7G-tronic. So you don't need to reach OD before you can return to (D) -full auto mode.

Update : the (M) mode can be activated with + or - paddle from (D) mode.

Still I don't see any practical reason to press + paddle from (D) mode.

For me, there's the occasional time where my car refuse to upshift in D mode. It gets stuck at 5th year. So I press *, the display shows D6 but the rpm remains the same. So I had to stomp to drop gear before the gearbox resumes normal operation.

So yeah, no reason to paddle + in auto mode.

• Praise 1

Tried it earlier  after I read your question.

It will go from 5-4-3.  There is a slight delay as the display goes from M5 to M4 and then to M3. 

Bris when we press the - pedal twice in quick succession, does it skip the gear or still go, say 5-4-3?
Or 5-3 gears. Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1