Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Mercedes has an overtrade thing which is variable. The amount varies according to their current promotion and what car they want to push. E.g. A few months back, they were promoting their b class and gave 5k more overtrade for it versus the A class and CLA. Before that they were clearing their C class and the overtrade could be as high as 20k depending on your car. Of course you can sell it outside too.

Do your sums. The current offer isn't too great IMO. Try waiting till they have the numbers they can offer for the motor show.

That deal will only last for the four days of the show. But you can book at the showroom too

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

This way their list selling price remains quite constant but the deal price varies. Right now their cat b cars may be more attractive due to the COE. If you are serious and need a rep you can pm me. Cheers

Edited by therock
  • Praise 1

I know some conti brand list prices are permanently marked up. When you visit the showroom they'll tell you there's a "promo" and the actual price is around minus $10-20K than what it says on the price list. Does Merc do this?

How's Merc over-trade/trade-in as compared to Audi/BMW?

Many conti brand got list price especially Audi the list price is very high.

From my experience, Audi over trade is quite low compare to BMW and Merc. However, like some Bro said it depends on what models they want to push.

For Merc it depends on what cars/ models are are they receiving from the manufacturer. They will clear/ push for these models. If the model/ colors in not in this list then they will give little or no discount.

If you need reliable SE, I can PM you.

• Praise 1

Ur experience is not unique to C&C

Its specific to individual SEs which can happen for any brand, so down to bad luck

For sale people, their job is to market to clinch the deal for their commission

Real problematic SEs wont be able to survive long in the industry

One way is to search for their top sales people or referred by friends

For C & C very easy to ask for change of SE, for argument's sake, u can go down every week and ask for a different SE if u are not happy with the service. In reality there are many SEs there who will very eager to get your business

In general, the young rookies will work very hard for you, follow up with you and appear more hungry etc

The older ones with a long list of old clients may appear more atas a bit  

Very sure you will have a much happier experience next time  [:)]

Hi guys,

I just wana share the experience today that i had when at C&C.
Please do share yours as i wana compare the "Mercedes experience" that i had.

I was interested in the new C180/C200 coupe so I approach the counter, the staff was polite and nice. Soon a SE was "assign" to assist me.
When approached by the SE, he ask which car im interested in so i told him its the C class coupe and would like to have a test drive.
So he immediately ask for my driver licence and walk away to prepare the car.
Although I did not ask, he did not brief or show me around the c class coupe, as im not familiar with the equipment or tech that is in it.
(example like: kick to open boot, auto parking feature, and the audio 20)

After 10mins he arrive with the car and we hop into it.
Upon getting into the car, he did not explain to me the controls until i asked him to. Not everyone drives a mercedes right?
So I was briefed for less than a min like how to shift gears and the signal lights..... that's all.. and off I go.
The coupe sits really low and i love it. I test drove the C180 coupe and it feels punchy in the sports+ mode.
They don't have the C200 version for me to try it out (omg really C&C??). Requested for C200 sedan but was out for servicing.
The suspension is soft and good. Not sure about the sports suspension in AMG line as they only have ONE test drive car.
While inside the car i ask about the difference between the C180 vs C200.
SE said: "Oh.. only the engine is bigger..."
i said: "All of that for 25k difference?"
SE said: "Yes"
i said: "i thought the leathery is different?"
SE said: "hmm... ah yes.. the leather is abit different..."
i said: "How about the dash and upper door trims? They look cheap for a almost $200k car, can i pay additional for it to be upholstered"
SE said: "Nope there isn't any."
i said: "Why not?"
SE said: "All models comes in as standard and we do not have this option."
i siad: "Even the C200 and C300?"
SE said: "Yes."
(We did talk more in details but these are the gist of it)

I was pretty sure i've read it before somewhere regarding C180 vs C200 and here are the difference:
1. LED intelligent Light System.
2. Leather upholstery
3. Exhaust system with two visible tailpipe trim (not sure what it this... can some one verify?)

I've found out that someone had paid and gotten their car's dash & upper door panel upholstered. Its a new C class coupe too.
http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/21318-2016-mercedes-c-class-coupe/

My conclusion is that the SE is pretty unprepared and unaware of their own products.
So the experience was pretty turned off. After the ride, we sit down, no drinks were offered.
He eventually did not even quote me a price as he said because the COE recently release so he can't provide a proper quote.
He did not mention that will get back to me if it does.
What he actually does:
1. Tell me my current car trade in value. (its pretty low compared to its competitors, up to 7k)
2. Current 3k OT and 3K service.
He did not mention of any freebies or existing on running promotion where there actually is (early bird promotion for certain models).
One of my sibling was there and actually interested in one of the promotional models but he held back and didn't mention until i spoke of the promotion title.

So i left the place without knowing much about the car, as he seems "busy" and really wish end this quickly.
He did not provide any details regarding any good feature that will entice a customer to buy. Nowadays Mercedes cars sells their own right?
He told me buying this car now is almost like a "risk" as C&C will not lock any prices even you paid a down payment.
If COE went up, you paid the balance, there is no other way unless you forfeit the down payment.
Reason being their waiting time is 6 months.
(Vs other branded competitors does lock in and honour the price. If COE goes down, they will adjust the your price accordingly)

So to conclude, it was a bad experience for me for the first visit at C&C.
Please share what you guys experience specially those who purchased the C205.
Thanks!

• Praise 6

Just a heads up if anyone is going to dekit your car and require used tyres.

Bridgestone ER300, 245/45R17 at $50 each. Currently used on 2014 E250, left 30% thread and even wear throughout.

Tyres are in good condition. Am driving up to Genting and Penang next month, so would prefer to change to brand new tyres in view of high speed and wet weather, for peace of mind.

PM me if keen.  [:)]

Ad posted in MCF market place

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=110306

post-27974-0-87593200-1480421849_thumb.jpg

post-27974-0-57474400-1480421857_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng

I cannot agree more with you :-(

Have you found out the cause of the noise?

Wind or turbo?

If you listen carefully to the background sounds in this video, you will hear a fair amount of road and wind noise:

Just wana share my re-visit to C&C....

I met up with a new SE yesterday. He/she was nice and immediately go through the specs and some details and cool thing about the car,
trying to "sell" it , which I feel that should be the way... /thumbs up.
He/she is keen and responsive, when I threw him questions that he was not sure, He/she is quick to verify. Plus point.
Spend almost an hour to test drive both C180 coupe and C200 sedan (no coupe available). Good patience.
He/she did quote me, explain in details plus all the package and freebies. All in all I've spend 2 1/2 hrs plus there, really different experience.
I was very tempted and felt his sincerity. His/her quote was aggressive even when i didn't push him/her....YET. Will definitely do so when i prepared my credit card/cheque default_smile.gif
I'm very happy with the service. Anyone wana his/her contacts can PM me.

The only thing that I wasn't quite happy about which wasn't from the SE but the company so call "factory policy".
There are this issue of having different leather upholstery for the dash and door panel, released on different period, while paying the SAME price.
C&C choose the easy way out by excluding it in future models. They blame it on the factory's policy.
So now in the market carried by C&C have two different trims, one looks more higher end, the other missing out on the leather trims.
I asked the SE and he/she said even I'm willingly paid for it, it still can't be done (on certain equipment line only.. its complicated T_T).
Calm was told by his sales/product manager on the phone.

Really feel left out and unjust.
I feel as a big company like C&C, consistent quality is important. Having different trims level in the market is unfair to those who bought later.
Even its an factory production issue, this can be ironed out. And by explaining the quality inconsistency, I strongly believe they will soften their tone. 
Even incurring the slightly heavier cost shouldn't be an issue right? Why make the customer confuse and frustrated?
If its better I guess there are no complains, as people can argue that things will only get better. But getting worst and for the SAME price, its norm for people to get upset over it.
Lets face it, we are made to think this way.
Plus it might affect the resellability of the car. Suddenly those cars with better trims that sold previously are more sought after.

Hopefully by my 3rd/4th visit im ready to sign the dotted line... Cheers.

Hope it works out. I told him to take care of you and you are a serious buyer hence there was no need to go back and forth. But this policy is a bit too rigid. However some dealers don't even have options so I guess having too many options or too little are both bad.

hi able to share the different trims? and how they differ? Thanks!

Just wana share my re-visit to C&C....

I met up with a new SE yesterday. He/she was nice and immediately go through the specs and some details and cool thing about the car,
trying to "sell" it , which I feel that should be the way... /thumbs up.
He/she is keen and responsive, when I threw him questions that he was not sure, He/she is quick to verify. Plus point.
Spend almost an hour to test drive both C180 coupe and C200 sedan (no coupe available). Good patience.
He/she did quote me, explain in details plus all the package and freebies. All in all I've spend 2 1/2 hrs plus there, really different experience.
I was very tempted and felt his sincerity. His/her quote was aggressive even when i didn't push him/her....YET. Will definitely do so when i prepared my credit card/cheque default_smile.gif
I'm very happy with the service. Anyone wana his/her contacts can PM me.

The only thing that I wasn't quite happy about which wasn't from the SE but the company so call "factory policy".
There are this issue of having different leather upholstery for the dash and door panel, released on different period, while paying the SAME price.
C&C choose the easy way out by excluding it in future models. They blame it on the factory's policy.
So now in the market carried by C&C have two different trims, one looks more higher end, the other missing out on the leather trims.
I asked the SE and he/she said even I'm willingly paid for it, it still can't be done (on certain equipment line only.. its complicated T_T).
Calm was told by his sales/product manager on the phone.

Really feel left out and unjust.
I feel as a big company like C&C, consistent quality is important. Having different trims level in the market is unfair to those who bought later.
Even its an factory production issue, this can be ironed out. And by explaining the quality inconsistency, I strongly believe they will soften their tone. 
Even incurring the slightly heavier cost shouldn't be an issue right? Why make the customer confuse and frustrated?
If its better I guess there are no complains, as people can argue that things will only get better. But getting worst and for the SAME price, its norm for people to get upset over it.
Lets face it, we are made to think this way.
Plus it might affect the resellability of the car. Suddenly those cars with better trims that sold previously are more sought after.

Hopefully by my 3rd/4th visit im ready to sign the dotted line... Cheers.

Hope it works out. I told him to take care of you and you are a serious buyer hence there was no need to go back and forth. But this policy is a bit too rigid. However some dealers don't even have options so I guess having too many options or too little are both bad.

Yes, he is very nice and helpful. Just that the policy is too rigid. Infact i feel that since the earlier batch does have the leathery, the later should have it too. Im trying to push them on this, hope it benefits the rest too.

hi able to share the different trims? and how they differ? Thanks!

The "trims" that im refering to is just the MBtex leather upholstery on dashboard and upper door panels (front and back) of the C class coupe.

​Earlier batches of sedan and coupes that ordered with AMG Line package was delivered with the leather upholstery.

​Also, during launch, their showroom cars with AMG line also comes with MBtex leather upholstery on dashboard and upper door panels.

​Now, if you goto showroom, their cars are not equip with those leathery, as mostly or none of the sedan or coupe is AMG line. Both sedan and coupe that ordered with AMG line NOW will not equip with those leathery, just the standard plan soft rubbery "leather". Take note that you still pay the SAME price for the AMG line package like before.

Edited by Pohtk
  • Praise 1

An update to my previous post. Currently the SE that serve me did pretty well and get back to me as promised.
Although they are unsure of the options and specs (its really complicated), but as long as they find out the facts and
get back to us, its not that bad.
After much "investigating" within themselves, it was certain that the question of upgrade of leather trims that ive posted previously,
can now be done. Thanks for them to find out and get back to me. Was quite impressed.
Thanks to them, im just a step away to "build" my dream car. default_smile.png

If anyone needs good SE at C&C, can just pm me. Cheers.

(edited)

Good news bro, now to get your dream ride  [drivingcar]

Glad my rep was able to help. So when are you intending to bid bro?

Edited by therock

Good news bro, now to get your dream ride  [drivingcar]

Glad my rep was able to help. So when are you intending to bid bro?

Yes, thanks to him i know what car and config i should get. Wana clarified afew minor details and should be just waiting for the right time to head down!

Time for you to go in bro?

I don't think there will be any changes in the overtrade but with the COE on the decline, you can get a better deal..

An update to my previous post. Currently the SE that serve me did pretty well and get back to me as promised.

Although they are unsure of the options and specs (its really complicated), but as long as they find out the facts and

get back to us, its not that bad.

After much "investigating" within themselves, it was certain that the question of upgrade of leather trims that ive posted previously,

can now be done. Thanks for them to find out and get back to me. Was quite impressed.

Thanks to them, im just a step away to "build" my dream car. default_smile.png

If anyone needs good SE at C&C, can just pm me. Cheers.

Bro, looks like you plan on doing customized indent. Just so you are aware

- many many months to get your car (order + build + LTA homologation)

- you will prob pay a premium above even list price; forget about getting promos or discounts

- SEs secretly don't really want to entertain such customers as a lot of extra work - they prefer the uncle who order the standard C180.

• Praise 1

Bro, looks like you plan on doing customized indent. Just so you are aware

- many many months to get your car (order + build + LTA homologation)

- you will prob pay a premium above even list price; forget about getting promos or discounts

- SEs secretly don't really want to entertain such customers as a lot of extra work - they prefer the uncle who order the standard C180.

You are somewhat right bro.

- It will take 6 months to get my car.

- Yes, there are no much discount or promo. The OT is lesser.

​- Not really if you can get good SE. Mine is quite good as you read from my experience.

Thanks for the highlight, anything else I'm missing?

Edited by Pohtk
↡ Advertisement