Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

@heartlander

Nothing happens

What happens if you put your car in REVERSE while driving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sFdillpVz4'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sFdillpVz4

Thanks, bro, for sharing the videos. 

But I have watched all these videos while doing my research to understand more about the car and I still have not really got the answer. The first video about putting car in reverse gear I believe does not come with DCT which behave differently. Though somehow I believe should have some safety mechanism built-in to prevent this from happening but I will not feel safe till a direct evidence show up haha.

I would be grateful if someone can post a video talking about engaging the gear accidently while driving such that reverse gear is engaged instead of activating the wiper.

@heartlander

Nothing happens

What happens if you put your car in REVERSE while driving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sFdillpVz4

But I have watched all these videos while doing my research to understand more about the car and I still have not really got the answer. The first video about putting car in reverse gear I believe does not come with DCT which behave differently. Though somehow I believe should have some safety mechanism built-in to prevent this from happening but I will not feel safe till a direct evidence show up haha.

I would be grateful if someone can post a video talking about engaging the gear accidently while driving such that reverse gear is engaged instead of activating the wiper.

I am sure we would have heard if someone had done so and there was an issue..

Merc owners aren't the quite type - just listen to how loud they speak to the service advisors at C&C  [:p]

You may also want to change the FOB battery since it's a three year old car. 

Typically the wipers, air filter also need changing..

(is yours the pre-FL model?)

Cheers

C200.

Anyway decided to let C&C do it, got a 10% discount.......outside need to pay about 1.7k for original parts but no 2 year warranty which is offered by the former. Wiped out all my service credits....... think can consider servicing outside after that. Should be much cheaper I believe.

On a side note, if serviced by AD, resale value got significant difference?

$2,700 for an alternator is highly inflated is highly inflated, considering htat a C Class is a base model and is technicaly a bread and butter car worldwide, although in Singapore, it is classified as a Premium marque.

An alternator change in a Japanese car costs $500 on average.

Resale value  - no difference whether you service at agent or outside, or whether your paint is protected by Ceramic 9H PPS or if your C200 comes with  bling bling 19 inch sports rims. Dealers look at the paper value and COE market to determine the price they will take in your car. Some don't even bother to view your car. 

• Praise 1

Modern cars are very intelligence; driver's wrong move will only trigger a 'warning tone & light up' on the display... 

If you want to feel really safe...slow drive forward and try to switch the stick to reverse...nothing will happen,go give it a try... 

• Praise 1

$2,700 for an alternator is highly inflated is highly inflated, considering htat a C Class is a base model and is technicaly a bread and butter car worldwide, although in Singapore, it is classified as a Premium marque.

An alternator change in a Japanese car costs $500 on average.

Resale value  - no difference whether you service at agent or outside, or whether your paint is protected by Ceramic 9H PPS or if your C200 comes with  bling bling 19 inch sports rims. Dealers look at the paper value and COE market to determine the price they will take in your car. Some don't even bother to view your car. 

C class no longer base model.  Rather all MFA model is the base model.

For Mercedes alternator, the cost could be lower than $500.  Only need to change voltage regulator.

Are you sure good and bad paint work also can fetch the same price from used car dealer?

Replacing that battery:

My rep recommends the Panasonic ones

I don't know if anyone else have the same problem, I had to change my battery every few months as the message for low battery keeps coming on.

Are you sure good and bad paint work also can fetch the same price from used car dealer?

You go try to trade in or sell your car to a used car dealer and tell us.

check if the springs holding the battery is loose and not contacting the battery properly.

I had same problem with my lexus fob...changed battery already still having low battery warning. Did my own little repair and the problem went away until I sold my car.

I don't know if anyone else have the same problem, I had to change my battery every few months as the message for low battery keeps coming on.

The 2nd hand sales people will use whatever excuse to push down your price.

Even if your company car has kilat paintwork, they will find other excuses, give you examples:

.....gear shift not smooth, it will potentially cost me $$$ to fix it before I resell....

..... engine gasket there abit leaking...I might need to spend $$$ to change the gasket before resell...

... tires are worn, I will need to change the tires before resell....

... shocks abit gone..see how it bounce (demonstrating)....I will need to spend $$$ to change before resell....

After they buy the car from you.... do you think they will go fix all the things they mentioned to push down your price?

I sold Company car and kenna hiam for bad paint work.

check if the springs holding the battery is loose and not contacting the battery properly.

I had same problem with my lexus fob...changed battery already still having low battery warning. Did my own little repair and the problem went away until I sold my car.

Thanks, could not praise you as I had already done so recently.

I am sure we would have heard if someone had done so and there was an issue..

Merc owners aren't the quite type - just listen to how loud they speak to the service advisors at C&C  [:p]

You may also want to change the FOB battery since it's a three year old car. 

Typically the wipers, air filter also need changing..

(is yours the pre-FL model?)

Cheers

Thanks for your reassurances.

Both are post facelift 2015 models.

But funny is that the one registered in Dec/2015 has 4 transmission modes and both front seats come with the extendable thigh support mechanism, while the one registered in May/2015 has only 3 transmission modes (S, E, M) and both front seats are just normal seats. Really sian by half when realised that after collected the second car, but too late already. I checked through the used B180 at sgcarmart, think the extendable front seats come in from Dec/2015. I am assuming same goes for the extra transmission mode. 

But never imagine this kind of thing could happen as normally facelift means facelift, there would not be any more change however minor unless is safety related, and so soon after the facelift like in < 9months. That would be my only grouse so far.

Unfortunately they change features every year..

For example the 2017 version has Carplay, which the older ones don't..

It's unlike Asian cars, where the option list is much shorter..

I sold Company car and kenna hiam for bad paint work.

That's a common trade tactic used by the dealer to find fault with your car to reduce the take in price

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1