Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Dont try alexandra showroom service centre. Perpetual queue, minimum 1 hour just to pump tyres regardless of time.

Pandan loop. Lunch time is good time, no queue for tyre shop. 5min job.

Dun bothered with nitrogen.

The return is realli not there,if u are into track days ,probably .

Anwae ,I dun realli likes to mix normal air with N even though everywhere says its all rite.

The most important is make sure every week yr tyre pressure is good 240/250

Another important thing,u gotta do it cold or the road is not up to temperature or it will b NOT accurate.

Noes of many many ppl only check the air during TOP up fuel,dis is no good,after running a while or half a day,u set @250,it will clink clink clink straight way.hot air expand!

But inside tyre probably only 200.

There are time where I go to pump my air during lunch time,engine cold,tire cold but road hot.

Still NO go,same clink clink clink.

U gotta do it in the morning,cold tire,cold road,period.

I have always been veri anal abt tire pressure.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Anwae ,I dun realli likes to mix normal air with N even though everywhere says its all rite.

Another important thing,u gotta do it cold or the road is not up to temperature or it will b NOT accurate.

Noes of many many ppl only check the air during TOP up fuel,dis is no good,after running a while or half a day,u set @250,it will clink clink clink straight way.hot air expand!

There are time where I go to pump my air during lunch time,engine cold,tire cold but road hot.

I used to pump my tires when I am on the way home

pumped higher pressure than what I want

left it overnight

tomorrow morning release the air to the correct pressure

There can never be 100% nitrogen in the tyre.

When the wheel is mounted to the rim, air is already inside.

Unless the tyre shop vacuums out all the air and then pumps nitrogen inside, then "got count".

Else, pumping nitrogen in like that seems 多此一举 to me.

If it's free, and it's on the way a short distance (1.6km) away, why not.

But to specially drive down just to pump (and when your tyre is hot), nah not for me.

Btw tyre pressures expand 20-30 kpa during driving. I've never seen it expand 50kpa unless it's on the track.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 3

Wanna ask you guys view whether it is worth upgrading from a C to an E Class ?

I like the E Class bigger space and more comfortable seats ...... like the new G30 too except for itz interior...... I feel the E Class is much better.

See this GLC fuel cap:

1514205d1465091664-driven-mercedes-benz-

Warm tires just top up +30kPa.

Maintaining optimal tire pressure is good but don't need to slave over it. Due diligence is the key.

Invest in a good aftermarket TPMS if your car do not come with it. I use it to learn more about how much distance I travel adds to the tire pressure.

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

Wanna ask you guys view whether it is worth upgrading from a C to an E Class ?

I like the E Class bigger space and more comfortable seats ...... like the new G30 too except for itz interior...... I feel the E Class is much better.

Worth it or not, it's subjective bro.

Based on class and size alone it's worth it, but at what price will it make you feel it's worth it?

How much depre will you get hit on your current car.. whether you're willing to stomach the hit.. all these are subjective factors that make it "worth it or not".

See this GLC fuel cap:

1514205d1465091664-driven-mercedes-benz-

Warm tires just top up +30kPa.

Maintaining optimal tire pressure is good but don't need to slave over it. Due diligence is the key.

Invest in a good aftermarket TPMS if your car do not come with it. I use it to learn more about how much distance I travel adds to the tire pressure.

I keep Slime Flat Tyre Repair kits in the car. I use the electric pump to pump tyre.

Worth it or not, it's subjective bro.

Based on class and size alone it's worth it, but at what price will it make you feel it's worth it?

How much depre will you get hit on your current car.. whether you're willing to stomach the hit.. all these are subjective factors that make it "worth it or not".

Based on prices offered by C&C my depreciation on new E is similar to that of my current C cos my COE was about 75K.

Also weighing if the PI route is worth taking.... probably about 20k savings at most..... not very tempting right now.

Based on prices offered by C&C my depreciation on new E is similar to that of my current C cos my COE was about 75K.

Also weighing if the PI route is worth taking.... probably about 20k savings at most..... not very tempting right now.

Most importantly how much are they taking in your old C for? If drop-pants price, then basically you lau-sai first then eat their bargain oktober fest beer & sausage.

• Praise 3

Hi Guys, recently i saw many fb posting on this Maxhaust, so i went to pm the dealer on the pricing. Almost fall off my chair when i got the pricing, the cheapest stage quoted was $2,350.00!!! Just to check anyone installed this?

Most importantly how much are they taking in your old C for? If drop-pants price, then basically you lau-sai first then eat their bargain oktober fest beer & sausage.

Ok la. About 12k above market value plus discount 6k over retail price....... but understand there is a 2019 E class refresh model coming up. So I just wait first la.

Mercedes from PI save about 20k. Gotto weight whether that’s worth risking. Seems many workshops can service the new generations of C and E Class, itz just the major issues or recalls that bugs me.

Anyone got lobang for w205 brake pads pls comment here or pm me! Looking for no dust or reduced dust pads. For worn pads, are there anything else I need to change?

Anyone got lobang for w205 brake pads pls comment here or pm me! Looking for no dust or reduced dust pads. For worn pads, are there anything else I need to change?

Ok la. About 12k above market value plus discount 6k over retail price....... but understand there is a 2019 E class refresh model coming up. So I just wait first la.

Mercedes from PI save about 20k. Gotto weight whether that’s worth risking. Seems many workshops can service the new generations of C and E Class, itz just the major issues or recalls that bugs me.

PI vs AD, also need to compare specs.

Sorry for the spam above - how to delete?my safari gone crazy. Anyway the message was

hange?

PI vs AD, also need to compare specs.

Ya, best is l look for those 2017 or 2018 cars where the first owner already took the first hit on depreciation but car still under C&C warranty. At least if lemon or issues still can go get C&C to resolve......

$2,700 for an alternator is highly inflated is highly inflated, considering htat a C Class is a base model and is technicaly a bread and butter car worldwide, although in Singapore, it is classified as a Premium marque.

An alternator change in a Japanese car costs $500 on average.

Resale value - no difference whether you service at agent or outside, or whether your paint is protected by Ceramic 9H PPS or if your C200 comes with bling bling 19 inch sports rims. Dealers look at the paper value and COE market to determine the price they will take in your car. Some don't even bother to view your car.

↡ Advertisement