• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
3179 replies to this topic | 5,115 praises

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:23 PM

thisisrhubarb
  • Premium member
    thisisrhubarb
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

There are quite a number of YouTube reviews of the new CLA180/200. I am looking/comparing the prices and features from these PIs. Haven't made a decision yet.

1. Vincar
  2. F1 Auto
  3. Cars & Coffee
  4. TTS Eurocars
  5. Edmund Motors

I'm comparing between 180 & 200, and I really can't see any difference between them other than a mere 30bhp. My current family car is a Kia Sorento (2015) 2,400cc car, so just wondering if a 1,300cc engine with turbo would feel vastly different. A lower power would be for sure, but would the car struggle at low speed like the old NA 1,600cc engine?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:26 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'm comparing between 180 & 200, and I really can't see any difference between them other than a mere 30bhp. My current family car is a Kia Sorento (2015) 2,400cc car, so just wondering if a 1,300cc engine with turbo would feel vastly different. A lower power would be for sure, but would the car struggle at low speed like the old NA 1,600cc engine?

I can't say specifically for the Renault turbo, but the older M274 1.6 turbo had plenty of go, if you come from a NA car.

Can't complain..

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:40 PM

Rskc
  • Rskc
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If there is a legal tussle, the company would have suffer the intangible damage, unless they can prove beyond doubts they are not responsible.

Agree. Look at the numbers of new VWs on the road nowadays ever since the infamous 7DSG saga exploded. They have not admitted it is a faulty design. I have not stepped into VW Singapore ever since. It is abt trust.

AD may win the legal case but loses more customers from such saga if the car is truly a lemon. It is scary for a person to work hard for his dream car and loses $200k to a lemon. Not everyone can afford a lawyer for a long drawn case.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:14 PM

TeamAMG69
  • TeamAMG69
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

the problem is that they can't identify the cause even after almost 1 month and yet still insisted that I trade in my car at depreciated value for a new car at list price (ie even higher selling price than a walk in customer who will enjoy overtrade, whatever discount, etc). I rejected this 'goodwill' offer and told them I will go to CASE and engage a lawyer. Now they request for me to wait for them till this Thur for a revise offer. Honestly, am not very hopeful for a satisfactory resolution, as they had told me they will review the proposal twice before, but each time, come back and tell me after careful calculations, they cannot accede to my request to revise it because it will cost C&C
aye... so need to push harder too. then again, mine is still worst, as the car can't even move. I couldn't even open the door when the battery died
the lawyer is A&G. probably won't take my case against C&C, which is much more important client to them than me. Unlike the Sultan, probably has existing business relationship. I have found a smaller law firm, so will still sue then if I don't get satisfactory resolution

Hi Lipingasia

any updates ?

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:05 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mercedes Service Day is back for 2019

http://www.mercedes-...g/serviceclinic

Successful Cycle & Carriage Mercedes-Benz applicants will receive a $50 service voucher, an air-conditioning disinfectant service, and a nitrogen gas conversion for their tyres. To enjoy these services, a registration fee of $50 inclusive of of GST is required.

Edited by therock, 20 June 2019 - 01:06 PM.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:27 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Mercedes Service Day is back for 2019

http://www.mercedes-...g/serviceclinic

thanks but no thanks. I think i know my car better than the blokes there! hahaha.

even if free i also need to consider.

Edited by Mkl22, 20 June 2019 - 01:28 PM.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:10 PM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Agree. Look at the numbers of new VWs on the road nowadays ever since the infamous 7DSG saga exploded. They have not admitted it is a faulty design. I have not stepped into VW Singapore ever since. It is abt trust.

AD may win the legal case but loses more customers from such saga if the car is truly a lemon. It is scary for a person to work hard for his dream car and loses $200k to a lemon. Not everyone can afford a lawyer for a long drawn case.

Interesting that they did not admit to a faulty design here as this was a recall in China.

https://europe.auton...han-600-million

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:56 PM

Wheelslover
  • Wheelslover
    1st Gear
    Author Image

any advise on how to remove stain on my window and body? i had my parked at the carpark, next morning notice white stain drip from the carpark ceiling.  I tried using car shampoo and rub many times....the stain still remain....very sad

Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:06 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

If there is a legal tussle, the company would have suffer the intangible damage, unless they can prove beyond doubts they are not responsible.

A lot of posts about bringing cycle to court. How many have actually done it n won the case?

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:06 PM

Arogab
  • Premium member
    Arogab
    5th Gear
    Author Image

A lot of posts about bringing cycle to court. How many have actually done it n won the case?

Bro, 

Anybody having E class and have major problem? I am actually ready to go for a change but I am taking a cool mind to gather as much as I want

Theoldjaffa praised this

Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:16 PM

JackTan_256616
  • JackTan_256616
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where to get new headlights for w204 c200?

also any lobang for changing the lights to LTA approved?

As my previous owner install the light with balast and some rewiring, so thinking of making back to original, maybe change to LED bulbs.

Also anyone have expirence is headlight restoration?

Cause afterall its a 10 yrs car, the headlight cover turn abit yellow already not that nice.

Thanks

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:01 AM

bluebeamer
  • bluebeamer
    1st Gear
    Author Image

anyone know how much to change car battery for c180?

thanks in advance

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:05 AM

dreamybear
  • Premium member
    dreamybear
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Dear all,  [wave]

Does anyone know whether we need to wait at least 6 months from loan commencement before we can proceed with the early redemption of the MBFS loan ?

That is what I heard from the C&C sales people, but MBFS told me otherwise. According to MBFS, there r some "admin" fees for early redemption based on outstanding loan amt(though overall still save on interest) but no extra penalty just because it is less than 6 months. Dunno who's right ? :a-confused:

Many thanks in advance & great weekend ! [:)]

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:35 AM

BobbyTan_74287
  • Premium member
    BobbyTan_74287
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Dear all, [wave]

Does anyone know whether we need to wait at least 6 months from loan commencement before we can proceed with the early redemption of the MBFS loan ?

That is what I heard from the C&C sales people, but MBFS told me otherwise. According to MBFS, there r some "admin" fees for early redemption based on outstanding loan amt(though overall still save on interest) but no extra penalty just because it is less than 6 months. Dunno who's right ? :a-confused:

My SE told me I can only redeem the loan after 1st year to avoid penalty .
Cheers!
Bobby

Posted 06 July 2019 - 10:03 AM

Khng8
  • Khng8
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Ask your SE for a copy of excel file calculating the redemption amount & interest you will pay.
Tanhangkiang praised this

Posted 06 July 2019 - 10:35 AM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dear all, [wave]

I used DBS
Redemption allowed after six months and it was a good balance between penalty and savings
You need to calculate that
Remember the 70 rule..

Posted 06 July 2019 - 10:56 AM

serenade
  • Premium member
    serenade
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Redeem after 1 year, you get to get to keep all the benefits and freebies. In my case, the freebies I got worth more than the 1 year interest I paid on minimum loan sum.

Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:00 AM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe I was lucky - kept all freebies even though I redeemed at six months .. 👍

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:46 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dear all,  [wave]

Confim MBFS is right since you borrow money from them.

Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:33 PM

dreamybear
  • Premium member
    dreamybear
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Ask your SE for a copy of excel file calculating the redemption amount & interest you will pay.

Wow, I think u hv a really good SE. [thumbsup]

Most will probably just whatsapp a few figures.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mercedes-benz, mercedes, owners and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users