• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
3179 replies to this topic | 5,115 praises

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just had a chat with my rep, and he mentioned that from now until the Show, the prices are status quo.

So if anyone is keen, best to hang on until the show, and see if things improve.. but delivery will be a few months later... that's how long they take to ship over from Europe..

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:23 AM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

New models and a new MFA II platform?

http://www.motorauth...class-spy-shots

A new generation of the Mercedes-Benz A-Class is brewing and we have new spy shots.

The prototypes reveal many of the details of the upcoming compact hatchback, the nameplate's fourth generation.

The proportions match those of the current model, which can be seen in some of the shots, but we can see the wheelbase is longer—evidenced by the stretched rear doors. This should result in some much-needed space in the cabin.

Speaking of the cabin, though heavily disguised it appears Mercedes' designers are integrating the central screen with the dash instead of attaching it on as in the current model.

Another change is the positioning of the side mirrors. They are now mounted on the doors instead of higher up at the base of the A-pillars. This should result in improved visibility. And those strange markings at the top of the windshield are likely sensors for various driver aids.

The new A-Class is expected to be the first model to ride on the next-generation version of the current MFA (Modular Front-drive Architecture) platform used in compact cars from Mercedes and Infiniti. Referred to as MFA2, the next-generation platform will bring weight savings plus greater capacity for alternative drivetrains. A stretched version of this platform will underpin the next B-Class, CLA and even a new SUV rumored to be called the GLB.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:44 PM

porkfloss
  • Premium member
    porkfloss
    Clutched
    Author Image

Yes and maybe its the same SE. He was on his phone the entire ride when i was test driving. I have to probe wif questions etc. He din even go through much of the internals with me either. I actually have to ask what driving mode I'm in. It was in Comfort mode and it felt sluggish. If I've never experience the sports and sports+ mode, I will dim the C180 as a bad performer.

I wasn't gona compare the BMW experience as its abt C&C but afterwards i walk across to BMW, its really a different experience. The SE was really friendly, going through the details to me and during the test drive will explain the different driving modes. I tested the 420i and felt its more heavy (more spacious). C180 felt more nibble and more eager to drive in sports+ vs BMW sports mode.

Haha bro your version sounds similar to mine.

This SE approached me when I was walking around and soon after his phone keeps on ringing. Even when during the test drive, most of the time he is on his phone. Seriously the only interaction I have with him was he point to me where to go while he was constantly on the phone. I really dunno anything about the car during the test drive, which other SEs usually will make use of this opportunity to sell and impress.

Seriously quite disappointed... and hopefully I can get another SE to serve me if I should go down again...
2006 - 2012: Toyota Corolla Altis (2006)
2012 - 2014: Mazda 6 (2005)
2014 - 2017: Mazda 6 (2008)
2017: Audi A3 (2016)

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:07 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You can change reps.. 

PM me if you need one.. but I thought you have moved on to other cars?

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Freebies that you can expect from Merc:

1. 3k service credit. anything more depend your bargain and model. E and above will be like 5k. A, B and C i think only 3k but can ask for more. i did it for my other car. usually within 500$more
2.. JS front back camera sure give
3. insurance some loyalty discount for next two year renewal.
4. 3D matt
5. solar film
6. some car essential package inclusive nano coat.
7. welcome pack.. laptop bag.
8. some amount of overtrade 
9. 12 or more pick ups for servicing

Alex centre has a shuttle service to the Queenstown MRT

Pandan Centre has nice donuts  [:p] (do they have a pick up?)

Nice bringing this up for new owners :)

Typically you will be asked for your check about two to three weeks before you get registered. And unless it's ex stock, you can wait for more than four months for the car. Longer if it's a custom build.

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:53 AM

porkfloss
  • Premium member
    porkfloss
    Clutched
    Author Image

You can change reps..

This is still in my top 2 choices..

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:23 PM

Pohtk
  • Pohtk
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Haha bro your version sounds similar to mine.

This SE approached me when I was walking around and soon after his phone keeps on ringing. Even when during the test drive, most of the time he is on his phone. Seriously the only interaction I have with him was he point to me where to go while he was constantly on the phone. I really dunno anything about the car during the test drive, which other SEs usually will make use of this opportunity to sell and impress.

Seriously quite disappointed... and hopefully I can get another SE to serve me if I should go down again...

I had the same experience but manage to get another good SE to serve me.

http://www.sgmerc.co...perience-at-cc/

Edited by Pohtk, 01 January 2017 - 11:24 PM.

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:44 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You can change reps..

Your recommendation was good. Too bad things didn't work out in the end

Edited by Mkl22, 01 January 2017 - 11:44 PM.

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your recommendation was good. Too bad things didn't work out in the end

So what did you get in the end? 

Lookout for offers during the Motor Show if you haven't signed..

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:46 AM

FrankieTan
  • Premium member
    FrankieTan
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Nice bringing this up for new owners :)

Typically you will be asked for your check about two to three weeks before you get registered. And unless it's ex stock, you can wait for more than four months for the car. Longer if it's a custom build.

I got 5K service credits for C.

I hope car care kits as welcome pack than a laptop bag... -_-

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Some intro videos for your cars:

A / B class

E class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR-1UGl38yI&t=224s

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Interesting.. the local Merc website configurator is down:

"Configurator currently unavailable."..

Changes afoot? 

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

Nephilim
  • Nephilim
    4th Gear
    Author Image

You are somewhat right bro.

- It will take 6 months to get my car.

- Yes, there are no much discount or promo. The OT is lesser.
​- Not really if you can get good SE. Mine is quite good as you read from my experience.

Thanks for the highlight, anything else I'm missing?

Sometimes I can't understand why CnC takes so long for such "customised indent" when a fully-customised PI car (presumably from the same factory) takes only 4 months (including homologation).

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sometimes I can't understand why CnC takes so long for such "customised indent" when a fully-customised PI car (presumably from the same factory) takes only 4 months (including homologation).

That's to discourage ppl from doing indent lorh

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Each dealer is given a quota by MB factory. Obviously CnC being the AD will have a bigger quota compared to PIs (that is if MB even entertain PIs directly)

But CnC is moving MB by the tens if not hundreds per month. While even the biggest PI might be just selling a handful per month. And each PI will be considered a separate account by MB.

So a PI customised order might take 2.5 months to produce and 1 month to ship and 1 month to homologate.

A CnC customised order might take 2 months just to queue for the factory production slot and the rest of the process will be similar to PI's.

I suspect PIs don't deal directly with MB. Instead, they might be using overseas dealers' account with MB to do the ordering.

Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:11 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

PI definitely cannot order from MB directly
they will have to go through other dealers from other countries

Edited by Wt_know, 02 January 2017 - 10:12 PM.

Vratenza praised this

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:16 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think there's a bit of confusion for new Merc buyers, so I will try to explain a little about their Overtrade policy, and I hope other seniors can chip in...

You will see a certain price on places like SGmart, ------ or even on thir brochures and websites.

Then you will be offered the ubiquitous "Overtrade":

Basically it's a discount. BUT the only way you get to enjoy it is if you have a car to trade in.

Essentially Republic Auto - their used car arm will take in your car. Now the amount may vary and it will depend on their current promotion and of course the state of your car.

Eg if they are offering a deal to push the A Class, they will give something like 10k or more to entice you.

This is on top of the buy in value. The buy in value is not as good for cars which aren't near scrap.

If you have a 9 plus year old car, that's the ideal. Then you give it to them upon collecting your car.

So the net discount for you can be

SRP 150 000

OT say 10k

Your scrap value of say 10k

So the NET price of the car is 140k minus the scrap value and the effective amount you pay is 130k. So that's why sometimes you see discrepancies on the amount people say they paid versus the SRP.

Merc isn't the only dealer who does this.

Lexus, BMW etc all  offer this, the OT amount may vary. And it's seasonal. Now for example the OT on the C Class, B Class etc isn't high, because they aren't pushing these cars.

So contact your rep (pm me if you do need one) and then compare.

Months before I closed my deal, the price on the car was almost 10k more, then they dropped the price for a promotion.

So put your ear to the ground and wait ... if you can..

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

Halo
  • Halo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I think there's a bit of confusion for new Merc buyers, so I will try to explain a little about their Overtrade policy, and I hope other seniors can chip in...

You will see a certain price on places like SGmart, ------ or even on thir brochures and websites.

Then you will be offered the ubiquitous "Overtrade":

Basically it's a discount. BUT the only way you get to enjoy it is if you have a car to trade in.

Essentially Republic Auto - their used car arm will take in your car. Now the amount may vary and it will depend on their current promotion and of course the state of your car.

Eg if they are offering a deal to push the A Class, they will give something like 10k or more to entice you.

This is on top of the buy in value. The buy in value is not as good for cars which aren't near scrap.

If you have a 9 plus year old car, that's the ideal. Then you give it to them upon collecting your car.

So the net discount for you can be

SRP 150 000

OT say 10k

Your scrap value of say 10k

So the NET price of the car is 140k minus the scrap value and the effective amount you pay is 130k. So that's why sometimes you see discrepancies on the amount people say they paid versus the SRP.

Merc isn't the only dealer who does this.

Lexus, BMW etc all  offer this, the OT amount may vary. And it's seasonal. Now for example the OT on the C Class, B Class etc isn't high, because they aren't pushing these cars.

So contact your rep (pm me if you do need one) and then compare.

Months before I closed my deal, the price on the car was almost 10k more, then they dropped the price for a promotion.

So put your ear to the ground and wait ... if you can..

Thanks, this is very helpful. Took me a while to figure it out.  My car is 9+ years so just scrap value for me.  How much above scrap does Republic typically offer for a BMW3 with 18 months to go?  Have a friend who is considering making the switch.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm not a dealer bro.. you have to ask them.. or get some online quotes. Cheers

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

porkfloss
  • Premium member
    porkfloss
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thanks, this is very helpful. Took me a while to figure it out.  My car is 9+ years so just scrap value for me.  How much above scrap does Republic typically offer for a BMW3 with 18 months to go?  Have a friend who is considering making the switch.

my personal experience is that cars with 12 to 24 months left always receive the worst trade-in deal as dealers typically dont take into account that the cars still have that lifespan left and tend to undercut us. my previous and current rides fall into this category  [thumbsdown]

think you can try for your car for higher overtrade. share with us if you have a good deal.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mercedes-benz, mercedes, owners and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users