Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Bros

Anyone swooped out from AIG after the first year?

How do you retain your NCD? I have the max rebate, and have been using NTUC prior to this.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Bros

Anyone swooped out from AIG after the first year?

How do you retain your NCD? I have the max rebate, and have been using NTUC prior to this.

Thanks

If I not wrong AIG still giving like 30% or 40% disc for the 2nd year if you choose to continue with them.

Yeah the 2017 B Class has airplay and the price has gone up by 8k..

always an excuse to up the price.

Let's hope COE levels are in the buyers' favor.

Hi bro therock,

Is there are a 2017 version of the B class? Or do you mean cars delivering in 2017. Price gone up $8k means comparing now and earlier in the year prices for the B class?

Seems like B class sales is not the focus for C&C as their discounts and overtrade amounts for B class seems to lag far behind that of say GLA or even the A200. The B class sells on it's own and C&C don't need up push the model unlike GLA? Think B class is an established model in the market and have gained acceptance.

You are right to say that C&C was pushing A200 last weekend with higher overtrade for A200. Is it clearing stocks or what? But facelift for A class only in Jan this year. Coupled with drop in list price, this Cat B model sure is an attractive buy.

• Praise 1

Prices have gone up - i.e. their list prices.

The addition of airplay has increased the OMV I suspect..

But depending on the flavor of the month, they will promote different cars. So right now it's the A200, and you can score a deal on that.

My bro is looking for W211. E200 or E230, preferable year registered 2008 - 2009. Any bros here intend to let go, do drop me a msg/whatsapp or contact me of your vehicle details. Thanks

• Praise 1

Anyone bought cars during the current Christmas promotion?

If you got your COE after booking at a lower COE, that will be a nice windfall..

Anyone bought cars during the current Christmas promotion?

If you got your COE after booking at a lower COE, that will be a nice windfall..

Yea, we went crazy during past 6 weeks.

I bought B180 during christmas promo early bird and got my COE at $52,668. Deal as published.

Just bought GLA180 for my wife. Enjoyed their 10th anniversary promo. Bargained hard and got a great deal. Beyond the published overtrade (OT) incentive, further 10th anniversary discount $3.5k and maintained list prices before last COE jump, got additional OT plus higher trade in car price after some nego. The sweeteners sealed the deal.

Both bought from different sales persons as I wanted to have different buying experiences. Required to take loan for service credits hence i took $50k, 1 year loans.

Actually christmas promo or 10th anniversary promo all quite similar. The discounts and OT and freebies just get moved around, renamed and packaged to suit the theme of the day.

Wah bro

You are the Merc man !

At least both cars use the same mechanicals so you can use the same service shop if you go outside later.

Welcome to the club I might say but I suspect you are already a Merc owner !

Agree ... if you're on your second, or third, currently-owned Merc, you can drag the prices really down if you actively negotiate.

The sales managers have lots of latitude on final net-net discounting off the price!

Edited by merc280v6
  • Praise 1

Just had a chat with my rep, and he mentioned that from now until the Show, the prices are status quo.

So if anyone is keen, best to hang on until the show, and see if things improve.. but delivery will be a few months later... that's how long they take to ship over from Europe..

New models and a new MFA II platform?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1104360_2018-mercedes-benz-a-class-spy-shots

A new generation of the Mercedes-Benz A-Class is brewing and we have new spy shots.

The prototypes reveal many of the details of the upcoming compact hatchback, the nameplate's fourth generation.

The proportions match those of the current model, which can be seen in some of the shots, but we can see the wheelbase is longer—evidenced by the stretched rear doors. This should result in some much-needed space in the cabin.

Speaking of the cabin, though heavily disguised it appears Mercedes' designers are integrating the central screen with the dash instead of attaching it on as in the current model.

Another change is the positioning of the side mirrors. They are now mounted on the doors instead of higher up at the base of the A-pillars. This should result in improved visibility. And those strange markings at the top of the windshield are likely sensors for various driver aids.

The new A-Class is expected to be the first model to ride on the next-generation version of the current MFA (Modular Front-drive Architecture) platform used in compact cars from Mercedes and Infiniti. Referred to as MFA2, the next-generation platform will bring weight savings plus greater capacity for alternative drivetrains. A stretched version of this platform will underpin the next B-Class, CLA and even a new SUV rumored to be called the GLB.

Yes and maybe its the same SE. He was on his phone the entire ride when i was test driving. I have to probe wif questions etc. He din even go through much of the internals with me either. I actually have to ask what driving mode I'm in. It was in Comfort mode and it felt sluggish. If I've never experience the sports and sports+ mode, I will dim the C180 as a bad performer.

I wasn't gona compare the BMW experience as its abt C&C but afterwards i walk across to BMW, its really a different experience. The SE was really friendly, going through the details to me and during the test drive will explain the different driving modes. I tested the 420i and felt its more heavy (more spacious). C180 felt more nibble and more eager to drive in sports+ vs BMW sports mode.

Haha bro your version sounds similar to mine.

This SE approached me when I was walking around and soon after his phone keeps on ringing. Even when during the test drive, most of the time he is on his phone. Seriously the only interaction I have with him was he point to me where to go while he was constantly on the phone. I really dunno anything about the car during the test drive, which other SEs usually will make use of this opportunity to sell and impress.

Seriously quite disappointed... and hopefully I can get another SE to serve me if I should go down again...

Freebies that you can expect from Merc:

1. 3k service credit. anything more depend your bargain and model. E and above will be like 5k. A, B and C i think only 3k but can ask for more. i did it for my other car. usually within 500$more
2.. JS front back camera sure give
3. insurance some loyalty discount for next two year renewal.
4. 3D matt
5. solar film
6. some car essential package inclusive nano coat.
7. welcome pack.. laptop bag.
8. some amount of overtrade 
9. 12 or more pick ups for servicing

Alex centre has a shuttle service to the Queenstown MRT

Pandan Centre has nice donuts  [:p] (do they have a pick up?)

Nice bringing this up for new owners :)

Typically you will be asked for your check about two to three weeks before you get registered. And unless it's ex stock, you can wait for more than four months for the car. Longer if it's a custom build.