Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

I have a different interpretation of over trade from you. The over trade is actually a form of discount which is already factor in your new car price. They use the term over trade because they want to keep the selling price high so that you can get more loan under MAS ruling. If you think over trade given add on to your paper value then that is wrong. ppl who do not have car to trade in may still get the discount from other means. so this over trade thing is not what you think it is.

So if you don't have a scrap car they will still give you a discount?

I didn't hear that from my rep.. interesting ..

Pretty close pricing between the CLA 180 and C180...

No, I believe that is list price.  I recall C180 list price before 1st round Dec bid was $183,888. It was closer to CLA 200 which my SE was recommending.

So if you don't have a scrap car they will still give you a discount?

I didn't hear that from my rep.. interesting ..

Not only that, my SE claims that you need to own the car you want to trade-in for more than 6 months!  I am sure if you don't have a car to trade-in, they would still offer a discount. But I don't quite understand the rationale, as I agree with earlier comment that the OT is meant to give the perception of a higher price and help the buyer get a larger loan.

Not only that, my SE claims that you need to own the car you want to trade-in for more than 6 months! I am sure if you don't have a car to trade-in, they would still offer a discount. But I don't quite understand the rationale, as I agree with earlier comment that the OT is meant to give the perception of a higher price and help the buyer get a larger loan.

The overtrade mechanism (OT) is also designed to go some ways to clear the buyer's old car outstanding loan and the nett effect is to have $ left over (after paying off outstanding loan) to help reduce the down payment for new car. Meaning the buyer will fork out less cash as money down to book the new car, making it palatable for new car buyers. This is called incentivizing the sale. That is why OT needs trade in car to work.

This is an effective tool for selling new cars - by topping up the value of old trade in car and subsidizing from the margin from the new car. However, one needs to be aware of market value of one's old car (can get quotes from car dealers) before negotiating with C&C as used car quotes from Republic Auto are kinda lower than market.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Not only that, my SE claims that you need to own the car you want to trade-in for more than 6 months! I am sure if you don't have a car to trade-in, they would still offer a discount. But I don't quite understand the rationale, as I agree with earlier comment that the OT is meant to give the perception of a higher price and help the buyer get a larger loan.

How do they tell you have owned the car for at least 6mths? Must show lta transaction date ah? As far as I know, there is no way to check if you don't show your original transfer date. Edited by Mkl22

How do they tell you have owned the car for at least 6mths? Must show lta transaction date ah? As far as I know, there is no way to check if you don't show your original transfer date.

You're right. Thought they can check on LTA website when they get your car details to confirm your scrap value.  But don't think LTA has that kind of info.

I understand Merc never guarantees that you will get your COE when you sign purchase agreement but has anyone heard of Merc not delivering in event COE prices go up too high? If COE hits 70k for some reason in the next few rounds, can they back out?

You're right. Thought they can check on LTA website when they get your car details to confirm your scrap value.  But don't think LTA has that kind of info.

I understand Merc never guarantees that you will get your COE when you sign purchase agreement but has anyone heard of Merc not delivering in event COE prices go up too high? If COE hits 70k for some reason in the next few rounds, can they back out?

Yep interested in this as well, 2nd rd of coe bidding have not obtained COE yet.

If you know the basic cost of your choice of ride, it is a good gauge to guess. As long as there is reasonable margin at higher coe & not on negative side, fairly good chance to get your piece of expensive paper.

If you know the basic cost of your choice of ride, it is a good gauge to guess. As long as there is reasonable margin at higher coe & not on negative side, fairly good chance to get your piece of expensive paper.

True..

Of course if the Coe goes nuts, then even merc can't deliver.. That's why it's still NG..

70k? That's a lot more, so I think it's fair if they don't deliver. But I doubt if it will go so high.

You're right. Thought they can check on LTA website when they get your car details to confirm your scrap value. But don't think LTA has that kind of info.

I think at 70k it won't be fair... Don't you agree?

But keep cool, I think they will get it.

They bid 8k more than the reserve for me so unless your deal was chock full of freebies or something it should be fine :)

• Praise 1

True..

Of course if the Coe goes nuts, then even merc can't deliver.. That's why it's still NG..

70k? That's a lot more, so I think it's fair if they don't deliver. But I doubt if it will go so high.

I think at 70k it won't be fair... Don't you agree?

But keep cool, I think they will get it.

They bid 8k more than the reserve for me so unless your deal was chock full of freebies or something it should be fine :)

Yes, 70k is an extreme and unlikely scenario.  But may be a good idea to consider backup plan if they fail to deliver!

Yep interested in this as well, 2nd rd of coe bidding have not obtained COE yet.

Any bros who put in orders in last 2 months managed to get your COEs yet?

A website to decode your VIN no and the build:

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/decode/

http://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check

Nice place to confirm the build and contents.

Cool! Thanks for the links. :a-m1212: 

Doesn't seem like many of us who put in our orders recently have got our COEs yet. Also Merc ad today offering some double bonus for Motor show!  Not to mention on Motorshow thread, seems like a lot of  bros are coming in with their orders for CNY!  Hopefully COEs don't spike up too much next round...

• Praise 1

IMO, they will get it for you, but maybe after the show.. you would imagine a lot of excitement and bids for the coming one, since it could be the last COE bid before the CNY, and we still have a lot of orders to fulfil, but have faith! Merc will deliver! Cheers

↡ Advertisement