Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

I read about this too :) I know the rattling, noise issues for the CLA.

I just went jogging and I counted 3 C Class, 1 B class, 1 expensive class, 1 one class mercs around my estate. No CLA....

I guess most people do go for the C class as it is more traditional merc look/built. I just like the CLA look, not very particular about the drive, anything is probably a huge upgrade from my 9 year old 1.5l slyphy.

Just saw Jonesy post on the C180. It also does look a bit above my budget.

CLA does not have rear air con vent, seems weird for a premium brand. Even A3 has rear aircon vent and paddle shift....
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Checked the dimensions, the width at the rear seats for Shooting brake is smaller by 5cm vs the C180 but all the rest are pretty similar.

I am 1.78m and I literally hit the roof seating in the coupe rear, no need hump. The shooting back is ok for me. The main thing is the blocked view because of the low windows if you are tall.

Bro is actually more.

Few months ago when I was tempted I also checked the dimensions.

Please find this below

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=c+class+dimension&oq=c+class+dimension&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.9434j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=zEEw_SyR2p4LsM%3A

C class 1398

vs

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=cla+shooting+brake+dimensions&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=ivn&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&fir=m6oHfgoxPNurPM%253A%252CC9qDYIDjkXKYKM%252C_%253Bn32Gg0btEmBMcM%253A%252Ch2S8wHWmiL3HvM%252C_%253Bdwouhd3Zv1c6AM%253A%252Ch33le5EvwJIyuM%252C_%253B8ul7DR-kQNDXkM%253A%252Carwikvh--wxKXM%252C_%253BZCG6_7VlsNvaYM%253A%252CX0MkaObGINe8OM%252C_%253BdGoZ5p81rJNfKM%253A%252ClNNER0MP1C1GtM%252C_%253BBNYQ5PmqvhtSgM%253A%252ClNNER0MP1C1GtM%252C_%253BB-JHP9suQk7YvM%253A%252CS_ulWciTPogZuM%252C_&usg=__DdmhCJd1ogzbJhbEsUF08Ky-OqM%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXouOEicPRAhUDgI8KHQxlDawQ7AkILA&biw=412&bih=652#imgrc=ZCG6_7VlsNvaYM%3A

CLA SB 1350

It's a whopping 48cm. Ever tried squeezing my mom dad and wife in the showroom car.. all kpkb LOL!

But yes head room is a bit better in the SB then the coupe.

Anyway after the poor trade in offer, I went back to reality... Decided to keep my old C for some more years :-)

Edited by Solar
  • Praise 1

Bro is actually more.

Few months ago when I was tempted I also checked the dimensions.

Please find this below

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=c+class+dimension&oq=c+class+dimension&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.9434j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=zEEw_SyR2p4LsM%3A

C class 1398

vs

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=cla+shooting+brake+dimensions&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=ivn&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&fir=m6oHfgoxPNurPM%253A%252CC9qDYIDjkXKYKM%252C_%253Bn32Gg0btEmBMcM%253A%252Ch2S8wHWmiL3HvM%252C_%253Bdwouhd3Zv1c6AM%253A%252Ch33le5EvwJIyuM%252C_%253B8ul7DR-kQNDXkM%253A%252Carwikvh--wxKXM%252C_%253BZCG6_7VlsNvaYM%253A%252CX0MkaObGINe8OM%252C_%253BdGoZ5p81rJNfKM%253A%252ClNNER0MP1C1GtM%252C_%253BBNYQ5PmqvhtSgM%253A%252ClNNER0MP1C1GtM%252C_%253BB-JHP9suQk7YvM%253A%252CS_ulWciTPogZuM%252C_&usg=__DdmhCJd1ogzbJhbEsUF08Ky-OqM%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXouOEicPRAhUDgI8KHQxlDawQ7AkILA&biw=412&bih=652#imgrc=ZCG6_7VlsNvaYM%3A

CLA SB 1350

It's a whopping 48cm. Ever tried squeezing my mom dad and wife in the showroom car.. all kpkb LOL!

But yes head room is a bit better in the SB then the coupe.

Anyway after the poor trade in offer, I went back to reality... Decided to keep my old C for some more years :-)

48mm lah 48cm become motorbike already. It's the Low windows that make it feel much smaller than it actually is. That is the main problem... what to do, if u like the look u have to live with the claustrophobic rear seating Edited by Wind30

Part of the reason I bought the sb is that it really is not that common. I understand the c180 is probably the better built car and a better choice rationally :) as you can tell that most people arrive at that conclusion forgoing the cheaper cla and getting the c class.

I thought once u sign the contract you can't back out, does it matter if the ink is still wet :)

Actually I do see quite a few CLAs around.  Think merc has been pushing hard and offering better discounts/OT recently.  I think it is a wide enough discount to the C class to make it attractive to entry level buyers like me.  Btw, isn't the CLA based on the A class?  So shouldn't the ride quality, handling be about the same?

I saw a 9 Gtronic E200 while driving yesterday, so 9 Gtronic is here already. Forgot to check if it is PI or C&C car. 

Actually I do see quite a few CLAs around.  Think merc has been pushing hard and offering better discounts/OT recently.  I think it is a wide enough discount to the C class to make it attractive to entry level buyers like me.  Btw, isn't the CLA based on the A class?  So shouldn't the ride quality, handling be about the same?

I saw a 9 Gtronic E200 while driving yesterday, so 9 Gtronic is here already. Forgot to check if it is PI or C&C car. 

most pi e class don't have the 9 g tronic inscription on the right side of the trunk. So it is likely to be a cnc car

Edited by Nonewposts
  • Praise 1

So how much more does a C 180 cost compared to a CLA 180?

Anyone can share or pm?

Very interested to know..  cheers

Have not seen 9 Gtronic boot letterings on the road or overseas Merc models yet..... merc may have done away with that practice. 

GLC is launched with full range 9Gtronic except for the rare hybrid which is still 7Gtronic. Have not seen any 9gtronic letterings on this model even for the rwd versions. 4matic models will have the 4matic letterings on the right side. 

most pi e class don't have the 9 g tronic inscription on the right side of the trunk. So it is likely to be a cnc car

So how much more does a C 180 cost compared to a CLA 180?

Anyone can share or pm?

Very interested to know..  cheers

Car show? Stated in some posts 149xxx for CLA, 168k for C180. These are "promo" prices i believe after all those OT and "discounts in kind". So already the difference is 18k between the two.

Car show? Stated in some posts 149xxx for CLA, 168k for C180. These are "promo" prices i believe after all those OT and "discounts in kind". So already the difference is 18k between the two.

Thanks, IMO, if I had the money for these models, I would spend the extra on the C180.

So what car did you buy?

Simple calculations here..... So is about 1.8k per year difference..... 

About $150 per month? 

[cool]

Simple calculations here..... So is about 1.8k per year difference..... 

About $150 per month? 

[cool]

Spread over 10 years. If spread over 15 or 20 years the number looks even sweeter.  [;)]

Have not seen 9 Gtronic boot letterings on the road or overseas Merc models yet..... merc may have done away with that practice.

GLC is launched with full range 9Gtronic except for the rare hybrid which is still 7Gtronic. Have not seen any 9gtronic letterings on this model even for the rwd versions. 4matic models will have the 4matic letterings on the right side.

I think all new e class from cnc has the 9gtronic inscription

A back of a napkin calculation indicates Merc has a smart marketing policy:

It's roughly a 15-20k price gap between models in the lower end, so it's tempting for buyers to scale up.

Using one platform - the MFA for example, they can derive 5 models off the same platform. 

Of course once you are hooked, then one may feel that stretching to the E class and up isn't so bad... smart move..

And having the C Class look like the S Class is a very smart move. Allows aspirants to dream, and actually own a part of their dream...

Turbocharged

48mm lah 48cm become motorbike already. It's the Low windows that make it feel much smaller than it actually is. That is the main problem... what to do, if u like the look u have to live with the claustrophobic rear seating

Oh..5cm ah.. but it felt really squeezy..

Nearly tried to convince myself to compromise LOL.

I just saw a brand new E250 on Sat, with the 9G-Tronic tab and the C&C label.

that is 1 way to differentiate pi and cnc w213

Edited by Nonewposts

in terms of priority...the right side boot of merc cars are reserved for these letterings (at least in recent years) :

AMG

4Matic

7 Gtronic/ 9-Gtronic

So if the car is AMG with 4matic and 9-Gtronic, only AMG will be pasted on.

↡ Advertisement