• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
3179 replies to this topic | 5,120 praises

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:49 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The B Class is their budget car.. No frills like that ..
I opened my FD to top up wiper fluid, I don't tweak anything. But I do keep my car clean.

Actually it's more important to clean the engine, the wheels and such than wash or polish the car if you want top performance. But most of us polish our cars and leave the engine compartment alone :)

I'm surprised. I was certain that Mercedes used hydraulic struts for all their cars. I recall even the BMW 2-series AT has one.

Engine block has a cover which helps keep dust out and for dress up. But speaking of which, I keep meaning to take my air blower to dust it off and I keep forgetting.

[sweatdrop] [laugh]

Edited by 7hm, 13 October 2016 - 08:50 PM.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:31 PM

Douglam
  • Douglam
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The B Class is their budget car.. No frills like that ..
I opened my FD to top up wiper fluid, I don't tweak anything. But I do keep my car clean.

Actually it's more important to clean the engine, the wheels and such than wash or polish the car if you want top performance. But most of us polish our cars and leave the engine compartment alone :)

Clean the engine for top performance? Can share how you do it?

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Clean the engine for top performance? Can share how you do it?

I meant that I clean the engine compartment of my FD, and I will do the same when my new ride comes.

How to clean the compartment?

As others mentioned:

- blower

- engine shampoo

- be careful to do it only when it's cool, and wipe dry the compartment

You can also go for a car shampoo, and they also do it, eg Kah Motor has a package, polish the car, clean and polish the interior and shampoo the engine area. I do it every Jan before CNY. The car smells nice and my family loves it. Worth the 300 plus. 

Oh, how do does keeping the wheels and engine clean improve performance, you may ask? Well the car functions better, I always feel that to keep the running bits clean is more essential than just the exterior. Of course cleaning the exterior reduces drag too.. 

Edited by therock, 13 October 2016 - 09:35 PM.

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:35 PM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

FYI bro and sis... CNC launching C180/C200 convertible end this month .. it will be interesting... i thought they will bring in C300 and C43 but they said next year. 

Any merc owner going for the half day mercedes driving experience function.?

Edited by Heman75, 13 October 2016 - 09:40 PM.

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You sure need anot? I thought even B-Class got hydraulic bonnet support strut.
And frankly you shouldn't need to open the bonnet much. Only thing you have top up unless you have a leak is wiper fluid. In one year with my conti that is the only thing I top up and even then only once or twice a month unless wanna oogle my engine.

You mess around with coolant, engine oil, etc. yourself, C&C will possibly ask you go fly kite. Conti use special spec coolant that is specific to the car usually. Yes, can replace with something else, but C&C sure KPKB.

I guess only reason is if you want to continue your regimen of maintaining the appearance of the engine bay. I can respect that. [thumbsup]

I never top up wiper fluid, not even once, all done by C&C and I service the car once every 15k km. I had been wondering how big is the water storage tank?. Lol....
Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:03 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I never top up wiper fluid, not even once, all done by C&C and I service the car once every 15k km. I had been wondering how big is the water storage tank?. Lol....

lol!

Mine has a 1.3 gallon (5.7L) capacity for washer fluid. I don't think I've ever drained it entirely, but I usually top up if I can't see anymore in the filling tube.

Or maybe I use the windshield washer too much!

Voodooman praised this
Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:38 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U nvr use wiper fluid ah? Haha

Last time E i go top up once before service interval
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:57 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Something totally different.

It wasn't long ago that Merc was the top selling brand locally, and I wonder how we fared in the first half.

I know that Honda was top, but if we minus off the National Car - Vezel, how did the AD far?

Likewise, I know there are a far number of PI Mercs, but typically Merc figures in the top five.

I was also surprised that the B class was the tenth best selling car in 2014. I suppose that Merc was smart: when the COE is high, buyers are tempted to spend just that bit more to buy a Merc instead of a Jap car, and Merc is well represented in the Cat A section with the A, B and CLA cars.

BTW, from the moment the car is registered to collection, it should be in a week?

I asked the rep to do the Nano Sealant, DVR etc all before I collect.. cheers

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:29 AM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

U nvr use wiper fluid ah? Haha

Last time E i go top up once before service interval

I do but I wipe my windscreen using towel regularly.

But as advised by 7hm, it is a big tank.
Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:39 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Mine not Merc leh. But probably around there

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think my current ride has a smaller tank or I use the wiper fluid a lot..

I hope the new car has a bigger tank.

Nevertheless, I hope to continue cleaning the engine bay, and it's also a personal habit to admire my ride - still do so after 91/2 years of using it. It's been a real blast using it, and I will miss it...

I read in ST about a man who really takes care of his car, and now he has friends who pay him to polish their cars!

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:13 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

At least a 5 liter tank in there especially HID headlight.

Recently, i found 3M cloth for windscreen.  I bought it to wipe all the mirrors at home.  Zero water mark after wet wipe on the mirror.

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:08 AM

rickosw
  • Premium member
    rickosw
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

CLA Face_lift 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_8918.jpg
  • IMG_8930.jpg
  • IMG_8967.jpg
  • IMG_8970.jpg

Davidtch and Blueray praised this

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Rebecca Lim [inlove] [inlove]

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:18 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think the more budget B class has a equally budget tank... but I may wait for a while before adding anything.

I am kind of paranoid that any additions will give C&C excuses to void this and that.. 

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:43 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think the more budget B class has a equally budget tank... but I may wait for a while before adding anything.
I am kind of paranoid that any additions will give C&C excuses to void this and that..

Do it after warranty over loh.. Days will pass really quickly
If can't wait then take the risk..I claimed all the mountings and suspensions under warranty while having upsized after market, non merc rims.. they didn't reject.

However.. That was back then some 4 years ago.. No guarantee they changed their policy.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I found a video on what Service A & B entail:

(well at least in USA)... interesting..

Edited by therock, 17 October 2016 - 10:04 PM.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:04 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Service A:

Service B

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:06 PM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

as i mentioned somewhere in the forum... it all depends on your engine....

lower powered engines will not see a significant change in the power output based on butt-feel. a 1% improvement to 100bhp is only 1 bhp. So don't need to waste the money on 98RON.

higher powered engines will be more likely to see the benefit.....since higher powered engines usually means their tuning parameters are tighter and thus likely to have different ECU air-fuel maps to protect the engine from detonation an increased wear and tear from using lower 95RON.

Watched this video on premium vs regular fuels:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:16 AM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Got this off another forum:

Car essential package basically contain the followings

1) tyre patching x6

2) windscreen polishingx 3

3) aircon svc package

4) star interior ( I suppose is interior cleaning)

5)nano sealants x2

6)welcome pack ( dunno what it contains)

Total value : $3062

not too sure about the "Plus" difference.

you can also ask your SE and update us here.

Finally remembered to ask my rep:

CarEssential Package Plus will come with the following:
1) Tyre Patching x 6 times
2) Windscreen Polish (Front & Rear) x 3 times
3) Essential AC Package x 1 time
4) Star Interior (Vacuum & Leather Care) x 1 time
5) Nano Sealant x 2 times

I think he forgot to mention the welcome pack, which comes with a laptop bag, brolly and some keychain?
So I guess it's the same  [laugh]

alphard96 praised this

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mercedes-benz, mercedes, owners and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users