Showster

69 members have voted

1. 1. How much space do you require?

• 10 sqft (about 1m square)
    • 30 sqft (about 2 m square)
    • 100 sqft (about 3 m square)
    • 1000 sqft (about 10 m square)
    • 100000 sqft or more

objective is correct.... but she really duno how to carry the message across to the population...

i really expect someone with her knowledge and experience (not to mention her pay) to be able to address this issue with a lot more considerations...

taking example from countries and cultures that are so much different from us is plain ignorant... does she knows the divorce rate in those countries and the number of unwanted babies they have? having said that, i dun mean those countries are failures... their culture are more than ready to accept divorcee just like any single person, their children are much more independent compare to ours and a lot more things that are beyond my knowledge to make their systems work in their own way..

but to take their practice and throw it at our population, most of us just can't interpret it correctly and social problem may arise.

come on, i believe our "creme de la creme" minister can do better than crying out loud at LKY funeral.....

if one can cry so sadly at LKY funeral, i think one can remember what LKY fear most.... “What I fear is complacency. When things always become better, people tend to want more for less work.” 

I am not directing at anyone, just that i am afraid what LKY said is becoming a reality.....

• Praise 6

Actually I don't really understand why seemingly so much offence is taken by her statement.

Firstly, she is looking at the issue at a country/government level. That means it may apply to some by to some it is not applicable. For the man/woman on the street, he/she only cares about his/her own case. So of course there is a difference in perspective. Sensitivity is one thing, but her comments must be seen from the perspective of her role.

Secondly, the comment seem to have been considered out of context. She was in the middle of a discussion about the Parenthood Priority Scheme, which says you will get priority if you are expecting/have a child below 16 and some are saying that is putting the cart before the horse.

Does the requirement (expecting/having young child) make sense? If you ask me, yes it does. At a national policy making level, the signal is if you are starting or have a young family, we want to support you and in terms of housing, you get priority.

So no, I don't think what she said is ridiculous. The government has said some daft things in the past, but this is not one of them.

Agree! SPH and CNA journalist fault then.. we all like to blame..

• Praise 1

Solid, please be focused on the intent behind the comments.

If we do not have the space (yet), can we start family planning.

Actually I don't really understand why seemingly so much offence is taken by her statement.

Firstly, she is looking at the issue at a country/government level. That means it may apply to some by to some it is not applicable. For the man/woman on the street, he/she only cares about his/her own case. So of course there is a difference in perspective. Sensitivity is one thing, but her comments must be seen from the perspective of her role.

Secondly, the comment seem to have been considered out of context. She was in the middle of a discussion about the Parenthood Priority Scheme, which says you will get priority if you are expecting/have a child below 16 and some are saying that is putting the cart before the horse.

Does the requirement (expecting/having young child) make sense? If you ask me, yes it does. At a national policy making level, the signal is if you are starting or have a young family, we want to support you and in terms of housing, you get priority.

So no, I don't think what she said is ridiculous. The government has said some daft things in the past, but this is not one of them.

An elderly retired couple went to a doctor. The man said, "We want to know if we are making love properly. Will you look at us?" "Go ahead," said the doctor. They made love. "You are making love perfectly," the doctor said. "That will be $10." They came back six weeks in a row and did the same thing. On the seventh visit the doctor said, "What are you coming here like this for - I told you that you are making love properly!"

"She can't come to my house," said the man, "and I can't go to her house. A motel costs $20. You charge us $10 and we get $8 back from Medicare." :XD:

• Praise 10

I think all she is saying is, you don't need to wait for a flat of your own before starting a family. More colourfully perhaps but then isn't that how the millennials want their messages?

Gov is too successful on house/flat ownership. 

In everybody's mind, a home is a place that we own it.

Rental house/flat is not a home.

Also the capital gain from HDB is too good to call it a miss.

No body would want to rent where you pay and pay and the money is gone.

[laugh]

• Praise 1

An elderly retired couple went to a doctor. The man said, "We want to know if we are making love properly. Will you look at us?" "Go ahead," said the doctor. They made love. "You are making love perfectly," the doctor said. "That will be $10." They came back six weeks in a row and did the same thing. On the seventh visit the doctor said, "What are you coming here like this for - I told you that you are making love properly!"

"She can't come to my house," said the man, "and I can't go to her house. A motel costs $20. You charge us $10 and we get $8 back from Medicare." :XD:

medisave can claim?

objective is correct.... but she really duno how to carry the message across to the population...

i really expect someone with her knowledge and experience (not to mention her pay) to be able to address this issue with a lot more considerations...

taking example from countries and cultures that are so much different from us is plain ignorant... does she knows the divorce rate in those countries and the number of unwanted babies they have? having said that, i dun mean those countries are failures... their culture are more than ready to accept divorcee just like any single person, their children are much more independent compare to ours and a lot more things that are beyond my knowledge to make their systems work in their own way..

but to take their practice and throw it at our population, most of us just can't interpret it correctly and social problem may arise.

come on, i believe our "creme de la creme" minister can do better than crying out loud at LKY funeral.....

if one can cry so sadly at LKY funeral, i think one can remember what LKY fear most.... “What I fear is complacency. When things always become better, people tend to want more for less work.”

I am not directing at anyone, just that i am afraid what LKY said is becoming a reality.....

But from what i read in this thread....her experience is somewhat confined to a small space....

Dun forget in sg truly NEED CAR FIRST before having baby hor @soya

Say carry baby la, ferry in laws la knn

Yeah Car first definitely.  Small space inside but still enough to make baby as the ministar said, and after that ferry it!

• Praise 1

I agree. I don't see what the fuss is about.

She's saying it as it is.

A lot of people are taking her comments out of context.

Edited by Lala81

I agree. I don't see what the fuss is about.

She's saying it as it is.

A lot of people are taking her comments out of context.

Sex :grin:

Just can't get enough :XD:

sometimes in the bedroom

sometimes living room sofa

sometimes dining table

sometimes kitchen countertop

sometimes shower

sometimes bathtub

sometimes pool

sometimes exercise bench

sometimes balcony

sometimes garden