Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

merc GLA is almost at the same price range. i.e. $148888 to be exact. But it is only expected to reach our shore in Jan/Feb. Agree with u, x1 is a no-no unless u are a badge whore.

CRV and Harrier is a good fight. But if you do not need 7 seaters, Harrier get my vote. 2.0L turbo vs 1.5L T.

sorry, GLA180 is 143888. close fight

↡ Advertisement

I think Honda is always being a bit more expensive among its Japanese Peer s (Toyota/Nissan/..etc)..However  i feel that Mazda is currently is getting  more expensive with its push towards luxury.

generally honda is more expensive because we are really paying for the design, suspension setup and handling package done by honda. 

example honda civic have consistent apply multilink or Jade with double wishbone.. 

except the HRV/Vezel which i think is a waste when honda decided to use City platform (elongate it) + torsion beam rear suspension setup. 

also the honda steering feel & response are second best (not dare say no.1) among all Japan & korea brand. 

other maker toyota, nissan, hyundai, kia and etc use only torsion beam rear suspension which saving alot of $$. But we did not see the cost saved is pass down to consumer. 

and steering feel is the worse for korea made, but i have see some improvement coming in lately.But there is still more room to improve. 

So some buyer who really look into the details will appreciate and willing to pay more. 

some type of group will only look at brand,

and some type of group will look at the price

and some type of group will look at the gadget

• Praise 4

(edited)

don't understand why the 5 seat model only 2 airbags [thumbsdown] , is the airbag so costly meh? [furious]

Edited by MQX87511
  • Praise 1

don't understand why the 5 seat model only 2 airbags [thumbsdown] , is the airbag so costly meh? [furious]

Lowers the selling price bro..

Many Honda cars feature twin airbags only to lower costs..

• Praise 1

don't understand why the 5 seat model only 2 airbags [thumbsdown] , is the airbag so costly meh? [furious]

I asked the SE the same question when I was there. Her reply: "If specs too good no one will buy the 7 seater."
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Lowers the selling price bro..

Many Honda cars feature twin airbags only to lower costs..

should not compromise safety equipped to lower price, keep 6 or 7 airbags

to lower price just remove those useless features such as "Honda-sensing ", Auto Hold, Sun roof, auto tailgate, LED day-light...etc,

Edited by MQX87511
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

should not compromise safety equipped to lower price, keep 6 or 7 airbags

to lower price just remove those useless features such as "Honda-sensing ", Auto Hold, Sun roof, auto tailgate, LED day-light...etc,

But some people would rather pay more for leather seats than more airbags.  [laugh]

a 7 seater for me is good to have n is not a must have...

I like the engine of the harrier n the interior is much quieter than CRV

but the exterior look n interior layout of the harrier is so outdated...

had seen the x-trail n pricing is the cheapest n it has 360 view camera which make parking so much easier but the engine is rather weak :(

You want cheap, but complain engine weak. Are you really ready financially to own a 7 seater? Tough question for u
  • Dislike 2

7 seater for the price of the x trail with a better engine and a full suite of safety features?

Yes it exists:

Skoda Kodiaq !

Roomy, well built, full featured and drive well too. Much lighter than the competition too.

• Praise 4

You want cheap, but complain engine weak. Are you really ready financially to own a 7 seater? Tough question for u

That guy can always get a used Toyota Avanza... 1.5L Daihatsu Extol chassis that can sit 7 wor...whether u can squeeze into the 3rd row in another qns... [laugh] A rare gem because few if any modern cars these days needs their engine to spin at 3600rpm @ 100km/h in overdrive gear...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=735934&DL=1189

• Praise 1

Just wondering if it is possible to install a inner door handle on the B pillar on the CRV  to aid with the entering and exiting.

I've explored the idea for my current Mazda 5 before (but never carried out the plan). Some cutting of the B-pillar plastic and drilling on the metal frame may be required as the handle needs to be attached to the metal frame of the car in order for it to be secure.

• Praise 1

I've explored the idea for my current Mazda 5 before (but never carried out the plan). Some cutting of the B-pillar plastic and drilling on the metal frame may be required as the handle needs to be attached to the metal frame of the car in order for it to be secure.

I see.. What is the reason for you not going through with the idea? Due to cost or massive "makeover"

I see.. What is the reason for you not going through with the idea? Due to cost or massive "makeover"

Too much of a hassle to do it although can just find any installer to do it. Handle is a good to have, not really a must have for me.

I think Honda is always being a bit more expensive among its Japanese Peer s (Toyota/Nissan/..etc)..However  i feel that Mazda is currently is getting  more expensive with its push towards luxury.

Hi MengChain,

115k for 2.0l CX5 basic and 9k more for upgraded version with safety features etc. vs  130k for CRV without much safety features but running cost of 1.5L Turbo of CRV and OMV puts this to be about the same.

Exterior arguably going both ways but interior of CRV cannot be compared to CX5.

Cheers,

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi MengChain,

115k for 2.0l CX5 basic and 9k more for upgraded version with safety features etc. vs  130k for CRV without much safety features but running cost of 1.5L Turbo of CRV and OMV puts this to be about the same.

Exterior arguably going both ways but interior of CRV cannot be compared to CX5.

Cheers,

Richard

That's because the 2L CX-5 doesn't have VES surcharge while CR-V has $10k surcharge.

• Praise 1

That's because the 2L CX-5 doesn't have VES surcharge while CR-V has $10k surcharge.

Hi weewee,

Noted and tks.

Btw, cx5 std is corrected at 116.8k instead.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement