Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

Hi weewee,

Noted and tks.

Btw, cx5 std is corrected at 116.8k instead.

Cheers.

Richard

Hey bro

Are you also thinking about this car for your wife?

IMO,  if it's truly for her, then I would suggest a hatchback, or a small sedan.. this CRV, the Mazda 6 are pretty large, FC can be higher and I don't know if she will like driving them...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hey bro

Are you also thinking about this car for your wife?

IMO, if it's truly for her, then I would suggest a hatchback, or a small sedan.. this CRV, the Mazda 6 are pretty large, FC can be higher and I don't know if she will like driving them...

Hey therock,

Yes .. she does prefers an SUV and not sure why 2.0L ends up with reportedly driving less fun than 1.5l turbo which also has less option except mitsubishi eclipse who should fire their Product team, R&D etc.

Cheers.

Richard

Hey therock,

Yes .. she does prefers an SUV and not sure why 2.0L ends up with reportedly driving less fun than 1.5l turbo which also has less option except mitsubishi eclipse who should fire their Product team, R&D etc.

Cheers.

Richard

If it's an SUV, and you have the budget for the CRV, why not consider the Q2, the X1 or even the Vezel Hybrid. The compact crossovers..

The GLA or the Infinity Q30 is also not shabby. 

If it's an SUV, and you have the budget for the CRV, why not consider the Q2, the X1 or even the Vezel Hybrid. The compact crossovers..

The GLA or the Infinity Q30 is also not shabby.

Hey therock,

Really appreciates all the comments and advice in the last 3 werk on thr search for wife's replacemrnt car.

Test drove the audi A3 1.0l and Q2 1.0l and 1.4l .. too little w.r.t. to car itself and too much to pay .. settled for the mazda 6 executive yeterday for various reasons with compromise of not a SUV partially offset by bigger interior of 2.0-2.5l segment.

Thanks again and with appreciation.

Cheers.

Richard

Finally took delivery of my 7-seater CR-V yesterday. Driving experience has been great. Still getting used to smart entry, push start ignition, electronic parking brake and brake hold functions. Coming from a Mazda 5, these are hi-tech for me. Haha...

• Praise 1

should not compromise safety equipped to lower price, keep 6 or 7 airbags

to lower price just remove those useless features such as "Honda-sensing ", Auto Hold, Sun roof, auto tailgate, LED day-light...etc,

Hi MQX,

Paiseh but thought honda sensing is safety related ?

Think autohold is good for family members who dun drive often and LED daylight is cool as well as autogate (should add kick sensor) but indeed sunroof is a joke in sunny Singapore.

All subjective indeed and personal preference.

Cheers.

Richard

many thanks for the intell...

i m being torn between CRV and Harrier :(

i think by the time i have decided the price and COE will have increased...

Hi Icetee,

Harrier turbo ... 350nm torque !

Cheers.

Richard

Just wondering if it is possible to install a inner door handle on the B pillar on the CRV to aid with the entering and exiting.

Hi Mengchain,

Shoe me the $ and I show you the honey ..keke !

This ranks bottom 5% of difficulties and many wishes possible, including mod to include rear aircon vents when my forester incredibly had none.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Mengchain,

Shoe me the $ and I show you the honey ..keke !

This ranks bottom 5% of difficulties and many wishes possible, including mod to include rear aircon vents when my forester incredibly had none.

Cheers.

Richard

Haha of course..

If the amount is fair I don't mind paying a bit more.. esp if it is done nicely and not compromising the safety. The handles will aid my par:ent alot..

• Praise 2

CR-V 2WD does very well in this test - not a surprise as its an excellent car. 

Surprisingly, it is also the cheapest vehicle on test at $33k vs $37 for the Forester 4WD and Sportage 2WD and $38k for the Tucson 2WD.  

Interesting pricing relativities vs the SG market, where KM has priced a low spec version of the 2WD 5 seater considerably above the 3 competitors on test here. 

Edited by Fungyee77
  • Praise 1

Managed to put my booking in for the new CRV. What accessories do owners recommend on purchasing after you collect the vehicle?

• Praise 1

Managed to put my booking in for the new CRV. What accessories do owners recommend on purchasing after you collect the vehicle?

For mine, the following were thrown in by my SE other than the standard accessories given by KM (iRoad 2ch car cam, light scuff plates and V-kool solar film):

1. Window visors

2. Magnetic sunshades

3. Customised coil mats (3M replica)

4. Boot tray for 7-seater

Additional accessories I purchased myself from Taobao and either self-installed or asked my regular installer to install are:

1. Sports pedal (clipped on, no drilling)

2. Customised anti-slip mats on cup holders, armrest compartments, etc

3. Swapping out halogen foglights for LED foglights

4. External TPMS

5. Door handle protectors

6. Door trim protectors

7. Red Honda logo for front and rear

8. Boot scuff plates (internal and external)

9. Front passenger and driver internal scuff plates

• Praise 3

For mine, the following were thrown in by my SE other than the standard accessories given by KM (iRoad 2ch car cam, light scuff plates and V-kool solar film):

1. Window visors

2. Magnetic sunshades

3. Customised coil mats (3M replica)

4. Boot tray for 7-seater

Additional accessories I purchased myself from Taobao and either self-installed or asked my regular installer to install are:

1. Sports pedal (clipped on, no drilling)

2. Customised anti-slip mats on cup holders, armrest compartments, etc

3. Swapping out halogen foglights for LED foglights

4. External TPMS

5. Door handle protectors

6. Door trim protectors

7. Red Honda logo for front and rear

8. Boot scuff plates (internal and external)

9. Front passenger and driver internal scuff plates

Thanks!

For the window visors how do you find them? I deliberately didn't ask for them because I've had them on a previous car and they increased wind noise dramatically.  Plus I don't find them that useful since I never open my windows outside of swiping complimentary parking tickets at and talking to security guard.

How about the 7-seater boot tray? The SE was trying to convince me it's useless because it's so small.  I gave in and didn't ask for it, knowing I have $500 credit and it costs $50 (I saw the accessories price-list).  But is it worth having given it fits such a small area?

For the ones off Taobao, I've found most of them off Lazada (of which are from Taobao anyway) and already on my buy list.  Can't seem to find door handle protectors and trim protectors.  But I'm sure I'll hunt them down by researching properly. 

hardly see any new crv on the road.

Because the selling price is not very attractive. There are other cheaper alternatives for people looking for either 5 or 7-seater SUVs.

Thanks!

For the window visors how do you find them? I deliberately didn't ask for them because I've had them on a previous car and they increased wind noise dramatically.  Plus I don't find them that useful since I never open my windows outside of swiping complimentary parking tickets at and talking to security guard.

How about the 7-seater boot tray? The SE was trying to convince me it's useless because it's so small.  I gave in and didn't ask for it, knowing I have $500 credit and it costs $50 (I saw the accessories price-list).  But is it worth having given it fits such a small area?

For the ones off Taobao, I've found most of them off Lazada (of which are from Taobao anyway) and already on my buy list.  Can't seem to find door handle protectors and trim protectors.  But I'm sure I'll hunt them down by researching properly. 

I'm used to having window visors for all my previous cars and asked for it just to enhance the look of the vehicle. They are of not much practical use so if you're fine without them, just go without.

The boot tray is useful as you can put stuffs there without worrying the stuffs falling off the boot when you open the hatch-door. I was only trying my luck to ask for it just before collecting car and my SE surprised me with it as she didn't promise anything. Haha...

Taobao got lots of accessories. Spend some time to look through and you'll find them. There's a small part of the handle protectors that cannot be used as the key hole is on the other side of the door since they are mainly for LHD models.

My car's pics are attached for reference.

post-48064-0-85479100-1547601907_thumb.jpg

post-48064-0-01372300-1547601917_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

I was driving into work today and we saw a 5-seater CR-V.  I've only seen four on the road in the past two months (2x 5-seater, 1x 7-seater and 1x Unknown).  It was very exciting to see one today.

Because the selling price is not very attractive. There are other cheaper alternatives for people looking for either 5 or 7-seater SUVs.

I agree the selling price isn't attractive considering the feature set.  The 5-seater especially is a no-go, really poorly featured and priced too high.  Then if you want a 7-seater SUV, there is the Kia Sorento, which is a proper 7-seaters and really good value for the feature set.  It's also only $5k-$6k more than the CR-V based on list price.  Then you hear the CR-V is made in Thailand, and a lot of cultures (including Singaporeans) have a view that quality is going to be worse than made in Japan.

Why buy then? For me, mainly intangible things.  I didn't want a mid-sized SUV.  I wanted a compact-crossover.  It's going to be hard for my wife to drive a huge car.  I liked the combination of driving experience, comfort, space for it's size, versatility, warranty, servicing, freebies, flexibility in insurance etc.  I also prefer it's looks over the Sorento, which is a bit bland IMO. Ultimately, buying a car is a intensely personal choice.

On top of that, one thing I've learned through this experience is that the mainstream Singaporean car-buyer prefer buying on features, price and badge.  The most attractive car for a mainstream car-buyer is the one with most features and lowest cost.  The only thing that overrules that is if you get a fancy badge, like a BMW, Mercedes or Audi.  A good number of Singaporeans would buy a lesser car if it's got a higher-end badge.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2