Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

9.4km per litre is like very low.

Kah motor put ard 13km per litire

Can never get the advertised figure unless you drive expressway at 80kph constantly.

↡ Advertisement

Quite a weird comparison test by sgcarmart:

https://m.sgcarmart.com/articles/articleinfo.php?CT=r&AID=1428

One of the shortest comparisons ever and can't tell who won. Not to mention each car is a good $30,000 difference in cost.

The CRV is a bit of a weird vehicle in these tests, particularly when it comes to fit and finish. I've read so many tests where they say the fit and finish is great, and equal amount that says it's poor. By and large (and ironically given popular opinion), the reviews for Thai built models actually are very positive (E.g PH, SG, AU, NZ).

Even myself though, when I checked out both Santa fe and crv, I thought the finish on the santa fe was better. But it's also 30k more expensive so it should be. Goes to show that every review is just someone's opinion.

Interesting that I actually see very few CRV's and Santa Fe's. I see a tonne of outlanders though.

• Praise 1

I have been scouting around for SUV and finally settled for the 7 seater CRV ... my preference would have been the Forester but CO vetoed my choice burning a $25K bigger hole in my pocket!

I have seen the Santa Fe and the cost is much higher. The interior is not to my liking but to each his own. I did not test drive.

CRV ... seems OK as I am not too fussed but I am a bit concerned about the COE bidding for the next few rounds cos the reduction and GoJek coming into the picture.

• Praise 2

I have been scouting around for SUV and finally settled for the 7 seater CRV ... my preference would have been the Forester but CO vetoed my choice burning a $25K bigger hole in my pocket!

I have seen the Santa Fe and the cost is much higher. The interior is not to my liking but to each his own. I did not test drive.

CRV ... seems OK as I am not too fussed but I am a bit concerned about the COE bidding for the next few rounds cos the reduction and GoJek coming into the picture.

COE bidding is not a concern if you've booked the CR-V since KM all the while has been offering guaranteed COE package.

• Praise 1

CRV ... seems OK as I am not too fussed but I am a bit concerned about the COE bidding for the next few rounds cos the reduction and GoJek coming into the picture.

Congrats. I'm due to get mine either this weekend or early next and looking forward to it.

KM have guaranteed CoE as part of their promotions. Remember also to push them on "extras", as they do have some room to budge on including extras. Happy to share my SE if you haven't booked already.

I never considered the Sante Fe because the size and price. I considered the Forester, but the dimwitted CVT and the lethargic 2.0 engine just killed it for me. But yes, $25k difference is quite painful.

I've been seeing more CRV's on the road - but mainly 5-seater variants.

If you don't mind me asking, what colour did you choose?

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 1

Congrats. I'm due to get mine either this weekend or early next and looking forward to it.

KM have guaranteed CoE as part of their promotions. Remember also to push them on "extras", as they do have some room to budge on including extras. Happy to share my SE if you haven't booked already.

I never considered the Sante Fe because the size and price. I considered the Forester, but the dimwitted CVT and the lethargic 2.0 engine just killed it for me. But yes, $25k difference is quite painful.

I've been seeing more CRV's on the road - but mainly 5-seater variants.

If you don't mind me asking, what colour did you choose?

Haha! I am getting the Passion Red cos i am driving a red Kia at the moment!

Haha! I am getting the Passion Red cos i am driving a red Kia at the moment!

Sweet. Same with me and delivery on Sunday (confirmed as of this afternoon).

Been seeing more CRV's on the road. Might be just because I'm more aware of them, as opposed to more people buying them. Shocked that I'm seeing many more 5-seaters than 7-seaters, given the 5-seater isn't a great deal. I would say I see 1 7-seater for every 3 5-seaters.

Sweet. Same with me and delivery on Sunday (confirmed as of this afternoon).

Been seeing more CRV's on the road. Might be just because I'm more aware of them, as opposed to more people buying them. Shocked that I'm seeing many more 5-seaters than 7-seaters, given the 5-seater isn't a great deal. I would say I see 1 7-seater for every 3 5-seaters.

Probably 7 seater suv is neither here nor there. If really need to ferry more ppls, a mpv is the better choice. Moreover, the insurance for a 7 seater is typically $500 more than 5 seater. This will cost 5k more for 10 yrs in total. Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 1

Probably 7 seater suv is neither here nor there. If really need to ferry more ppls, a mpv is the better choice. Moreover, the insurance for a 7 seater is typically $500 more than 5 seater. This will cost 5k more for 10 yrs in total.

Maybe for most people that's true. But I couldn't, wouldn't and refuse to buy an MPV.

At least my insurance the 7-seater and 5-seater there was no cost difference.

Edited by GTO-1

Probably 7 seater suv is neither here nor there. If really need to ferry more ppls, a mpv is the better choice. Moreover, the insurance for a 7 seater is typically $500 more than 5 seater. This will cost 5k more for 10 yrs in total.

That's not true at all.

That's not true at all.

I wanted to ask:

What is the dimensions of the front and rear Honda Emblem on the CRV?  I'm getting a lot of conflicting numbers.

Thanks!

I wanted to ask:

What is the dimensions of the front and rear Honda Emblem on the CRV?  I'm getting a lot of conflicting numbers.

Thanks!

Front: 136x110mm

Rear: 113x92mm

• Praise 1

hi, any CR-V forum?

I've been going to the crvownersforum. It's got some interesting bits in it, but always makes me jealous that get a higher spec CRV at sgd40k!

What's the latest price for 7 seater variant?

After latest Coe bidding RRP is sitting at $146k.

From what I can see KM doesn't really discount. So the price is what's on the tin.

• Praise 1

hi GTO, are u driving the 7-seater too? I noticed that the "auto" light at the A/C temp adjustment knob will turn off by itself after sometime, but the A/C still feels cold... any idea on this?

Neutral Newbie

I've been going to the crvownersforum. It's got some interesting bits in it, but always makes me jealous that get a higher spec CRV at sgd40k!

After latest Coe bidding RRP is sitting at $146k.

From what I can see KM doesn't really discount. So the price is what's on the tin.

KM must be crazy with that kind of price.... no choice have to pass. 

↡ Advertisement