Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

Is it me or am I the only one seeing the new CR-V looks similarly alike with the HR-V?

I also see them here and there similar to jazz, shuttle, city...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anyone saw the new crv at the car expo last weekend?

The CRV displayed at Car Expo is the old version, no new one in sight and I think it will only be introduced here in the later part of the year and hopefully the 7 seater version will be one of the models sold though I'm not holding my breadth.

• Praise 3

The CRV displayed at Car Expo is the old version, no new one in sight and I think it will only be introduced here in the later part of the year and hopefully the 7 seater version will be one of the models sold though I'm not holding my breadth.

I believe the one displayed is indeed the 2017 CR-V, they locked it so people couldn't sit inside to have a feel but a quick look you can see the missing gear lever replaced by a set of buttons for the 9-speed auto paired to 1.6 i-DTEC diesel engine. Not too sure if the display car is 7 seater but given how Honda Thailand only offers 7 seats in their home market (and it is likely where our CR-V is being sourced), I believe we might just get the 7 seater version. 

• Praise 1

The SE mentioned during the car expo that it will be bringing in a 5 seater and 7 seater verson ETA Sept 2017 plus the fact that Thai verson comes with 7 seater, info should be fairly accurate. 

The 2nd row is suppose to be able to move forward and aft, very flexible. 

Would expect the 1.5l Turbo to be 1 of the variants provided in Singapore.

• Praise 1

I believe the one displayed is indeed the 2017 CR-V, they locked it so people couldn't sit inside to have a feel but a quick look you can see the missing gear lever replaced by a set of buttons for the 9-speed auto paired to 1.6 i-DTEC diesel engine. Not too sure if the display car is 7 seater but given how Honda Thailand only offers 7 seats in their home market (and it is likely where our CR-V is being sourced), I believe we might just get the 7 seater version. 

OK thks for info guys, looking forward to this model and hopefully they price it competitively but again I'm not holding my breadth!!

The SE mentioned during the car expo that it will be bringing in a 5 seater and 7 seater verson ETA Sept 2017 plus the fact that Thai verson comes with 7 seater, info should be fairly accurate. 

• Praise 7

This will make it a direct competitor to the X trail.  Hope that the space in the 3rd row and power is not going to be as pathetic as X trail.  Looking forward...

• Praise 1

(edited)

Pretty wierd, Honda Japan took down their CRV last Aug and have not launch the 2017 CRV since.

So no chance for PI to bring in the JDM version.

Edited by Mitlancer71
  • Praise 1

Kah Motor was collecting refundable Pre-orders deposit for the new CRV during Expo. Heard folks can enjoy Expo goodies and at the same time opt out after test drive and final price release if don't like the deal. SE say test drive likely in June as LTA approve Liao. Confirm from Thailand and same 1.5 turbo engine as civic bit tuned to higher HP.
  • Praise 1

Kah Motor was collecting refundable Pre-orders deposit for the new CRV during Expo. Heard folks can enjoy Expo goodies and at the same time opt out after test drive and final price release if don't like the deal. SE say test drive likely in June as LTA approve Liao. Confirm from Thailand and same 1.5 turbo engine ays civic bit tuned to higher HP.

Any idea is it 7 seaters for the 1.5 turbo?

• Praise 1

I have seen the new CR-V on display at Malaysia Tebrau City Aeon. It's will be on sale in Jul- Aug. It looks quite nice but I doubt it can beat the new Harrier Turbo

• Praise 1

I have seen the new CR-V on display at Malaysia Tebrau City Aeon. It's will be on sale in Jul- Aug. It looks quite nice but I doubt it can beat the new Harrier Turbo

1 thing it can beat is the road tax.

SE told me launch date end jul.... I think they would need to price very attractively to compete agst new BM Harrier if priced at $150k I don't think sales will take off.

SE told me launch date end jul.... I think they would need to price very attractively to compete agst new BM Harrier if priced at $150k I don't think sales will take off.

Yup.  BM Harrier is a 2.0L turbo; Honda CR-V is 1.5L turbo.  Both are about the same size.  Therefore, performance wise, BM Harrier has the advantage.

KM need to price it VERY attractively to get sales.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1