Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

Supersonic

Specs for msia better... I believe got touring model which has full suit of Honda Sensing features

Last time, SG used to get the high spec cars n MY got the crappy 3rd world stuff. Looks like the tables hv turned....
↡ Advertisement

Wa.. the rear taillight is very ugly le. This is something I cannot accept.

Think same as the Jazz as i drove behind one this morning. Btw nice pdr  [;)]

Supersonic

Open for pre-orders soon as I asked the sales person last weekend. Price around 140k range.

• Praise 2

Key question is where this CRV will be from? And $140K for which version / spec? If Thai and just 5 seater, I guess many would opt for Harrier Turbo. If $140K (or even $150K), from Jap and the 7 seater variant, it shall fly off the shelve.

Dear mod (@radx, @jman888), can you help to merge the 2 thread? Easier for discussion on this new model, else question and info will repeat. Thanks.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702143-2017-honda-cr-v/

• Praise 6

Key question is where this CRV will be from? And $140K for which version / spec? If Thai and just 5 seater, I guess many would opt for Harrier Turbo. If $140K (or even $150K), from Jap and the 7 seater variant, it shall fly off the shelve.

Dear mod (@radx, @jman888), can you help to merge the 2 thread? Easier for discussion on this new model, else question and info will repeat. Thanks.

Even if made in Jap... 1.5T wout Honda Sensing won't fly if same price as harrier

Km very slow hands slow feet. No mention in their website. Must wait until launch to do anything meh...

• Praise 1

Hi,

According to SE, the car will be in leng kee showroom today. 7 seater is $157k.

That's into BMW 216GT price range [:(]

• Praise 7

Wa.. the rear taillight is very ugly le. This is something I cannot accept.

I heard it will grow on you as time passing by ... called futuristic design mah.
  • Praise 1

I heard it will grow on you as time passing by ... called futuristic design mah.

The FD2 Cibic design ... from launch up till now (way past EOL) still did not grow on me leh

New CRV 1.5T is Made in Thailand. With OMV at ~$30K and at current prices for 5 seater, many potential buyers will jump ship to Harrier Turbo.

Unfortunate timing of the launch of new CRV clashing with new Mazda CX-5 and new Harrier Turbo.

• Praise 2

New CRV 1.5T is Made in Thailand. With OMV at ~$30K and at current prices for 5 seater, many potential buyers will jump ship to Harrier Turbo.

Unfortunate timing of the launch of new CRV clashing with new Mazda CX-5 and new Harrier Turbo.

Depends on needs and wants.

Harrier turbo definitely will attract more road tax than 1.5T CRV.

Also fuel consumption plays a part too. Harrier turbo could be around 10~12km/l while I expect the 1.5T CRV to be around 12~14km/l.

And I do not believe Kah motor will bring in Honda sensing option. And CRV made in Thailand with 30k OMV? Can fight with some conti makes already

• Praise 1

(edited)

Depends on needs and wants.

Harrier turbo definitely will attract more road tax than 1.5T CRV.

Also fuel consumption plays a part too. Harrier turbo could be around 10~12km/l while I expect the 1.5T CRV to be around 12~14km/l.

And I do not believe Kah motor will bring in Honda sensing option. And CRV made in Thailand with 30k OMV? Can fight with some conti makes already

Go work out the depreciation for these cars and you will figure out.

Buy Turbo cars, priority is drive and power, and least concern on fuel consumption.If fuel consumption is important for you, go get the HRV. Sure save on petrol bills.

Road tax? 1.5L @ $684 versus 2L @ $1200 annually. Savings $516 a year. Is this alot of money to you? If yes, go get 1.2T Qashqai. Sure save more.

Edited by white_black

(edited)

Honda better gets the CRV right, this has been a cash cow for them, at least in the North American markets.

7-seats version should be interesting for some people.

Edited by AFWE69
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1