Huawei phone / tablet

antelop

just checked and found an update for my MATE 9 ... latest update includes facial recognition for unlocking !!

going to go back and try it tonight !

I installed the app “Firmware Finder for Huawei”. Used that to find and install the latest updates. Otherwise have to wait very long for Huawei to push the updates
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I installed the app âFirmware Finder for Huaweiâ. Used that to find and install the latest updates. Otherwise have to wait very long for Huawei to push the updates

So you installed the new update with facial recognition? Works?

So you installed the new update with facial recognition? Works?

Yup. Works quite well. Lift up the phone then make sure the front camera roughly facing your face and it’ll unlock pretty quickly.
  • Praise 1

face recognition unlock doesn't work well if you wear glasses, once you set with glasses, it won't unlock if you are without glasses. Also the angle you face the phone/camera.

face recognition unlock doesn't work well if you wear glasses, once you set with glasses, it won't unlock if you are without glasses. Also the angle you face the phone/camera.

I took the initial photo without glasses. Now when I wear my glasses so far still no issue yet.

(edited)

Have been using it on my p10+ and the facial recognition unlock works regardless whether I wear my glasses or not. But definitely won't work if you closed your eyes. That means no one can just pick up your phone while you're asleep and point it at your face to unlock it !

Edited by Try_conti
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

updated my phone last night and the FR works like a charm !! tried with and without glasses ...works perfectly.

also tried to con it with a photo and also used my son's face ... but it won't open.

only a slight glance at me and it unlocks effortlessly !

now its so much more convenient to access my phone.

Twincharged

My only concern is that will it take up more battery juices to keep the camera awake.

But cam will only activate when you push the wake button on the side ... so basically when its asleep, its asleep.

anyway, I charge my phone from 50% every morning when I wake up and it gets full by the time I leave my house.

Oh when I did use that function I select the always awake function so the moment the camera sees my face the screen will unlock

Twincharged

Oh when I did use that function I select the always awake function so the moment the camera sees my face the screen will unlock

huh ... got always awake function ar ?

where is the setting ... got to try it out.

I have not really explored what my mate9 can do ... it was just plug and play for me ...

Twincharged

My only concern is that will it take up more battery juices to keep the camera awake.

I did not set the wake function ... no changes to the settings ... but after the update, seems the battery is draining slightly faster.

Twincharged

anyone experience this problem ?

since my last update, I have not been able to watch videos from within a website.

for example, when I visit the mobile version of mycarforum.com, I am unable to view the videos in the reckless drivers thread .... which is my favorite thread.

the screen will just display a broken square with a black background .... although sound is still being played.

is it a Huawei problem or android problem ? coz I tried on my staff's Xperia also same thing.

since my last update, I have not been able to watch videos from within a website.

for example, when I visit the mobile version of mycarforum.com, I am unable to view the videos in the reckless drivers thread .... which is my favorite thread.

the screen will just display a broken square with a black background .... although sound is still being played.

is it a Huawei problem or android problem ? coz I tried on my staff's Xperia also same thing.

no problem with Samsung phone, maybe the network not strong enough to steam video.

Turbocharged

me too! exact same prob! i tot i accidentally changed some settings. 

↡ Advertisement