2016 Skoda Kodiaq

Aukang

Yap, 1.4L is good enough for me. Low roadtax, low fuel consumption.

All i need in 2.0L is ACC.

I have validated 1.4L has no issue riding 7 pp (about 450KG total) going to carpark slope at The Central. Aircon - 5 bars. No sweat at all.

Wow tts good to know as mine will b max use during cny n worry bout aircon

Btw were u at the recent gathering at Kallang? Was there n there was jus two 1.4

Edited by Kodiaqer
↡ Advertisement

1.4 uses DQ250 if not wrong.

that is the 6-spd wet which was used in previous models of GTI (mk5 and below)

2.0 should be using DQ500, which is even more hardy than the current GTI box (DQ380/381) DQ500 is used in Audi RS3.

anyway, i drove the "problematic" DQ200 for 7 yrs in my golf, maybe i was lucky, but didn't have any failures. slight juddering but adaptation solved the problems

Heard 1.4l is 6 sp DSG dry clutch, but 2.0l is 7sp DSG wet clutch.

I scared scared of dry clutch coz I'm driving in 99% city start stop conditions :(

Is wet clutch. We have mentioned many times here.

Oh. Then I "tio pian" by the SE again. He told me 6 sp dry clutch for the 1.4l not good  :a-no: ask me take the 2.0l new 7 sp wet clutch a lot better. 

Edited by LYC

Oh. Then I "tio pian" by the SE again. He told me 6 sp dry clutch for the 1.4l not good  :a-no: ask me take the 2.0l new 7 sp wet clutch a lot better. 

sales commission is higher for 2.0l  [:p]

hmm... the 1.4L is not available now, and unlikely in the future. i heard that the next version they are bringing in is the 1.5L TSI, as Skoda isn't making the 1.4L anymore.

there is a homologation delay as well, if not wrong, so need to wait a bit. 2.0 is the one that is immediately available.

based on my experience, Skoda seems to operate on the model of sell and deliver the car ASAP. they don't have the profit margin of VW to sell based on advance orders of 4 to 5 months.

anyway, good info on DSG here: https://axleaddict.com/cars/DSG-Transmission-Variants

Edited by Coern
  • Praise 3

From Wikipedia DSG Gearbox, there is only 1 dry and 7 speed. If the torque exceeds 250nm then it won't be dry but a 7 speed wet.

Edited by Midorima
  • Praise 1

Oh. Then I "tio pian" by the SE again. He told me 6 sp dry clutch for the 1.4l not good :a-no: ask me take the 2.0l new 7 sp wet clutch a lot better.

It is correct that 7sp wet clutch is better.

• Praise 1

Heard the new stocks for the Kodiaq is in soon. But the new pricing is priced too high to be competitive in the market 

• Praise 2

Heard the new stocks for the Kodiaq is in soon. But the new pricing is priced too high to be competitive in the market 

good leh if i put my 1.4 for resale:)

• Praise 1

Perhaps the 1.5L price not competitive. Too close to the 2.0L

Then just get the 2.0L since have better features!

Heard kodiaq 1.4L in soon but price is like $140K

Some thoughts that is kinda overpriced compared to VW..

Got someone bought few mths back at $125k.

Even though slapped with xtra ves also numbers not right as this price.

Hope skoda Singapore re-consider their strategy to capture or tarnish this good car.

• Praise 3

Perhaps the 1.5L price not competitive. Too close to the 2.0L

Then just get the 2.0L since have better features!

what price did the AD quote you?

COE went up, demand must be high. wait a while, after CNY usually COE and price drops.

2.0l price also have gone up  [furious]

standard textbook marketing management

penetrate new market with competitive margin (low or not donno la), limited ordered stock, reduce inventory fast cos year of manufacture is an important consideration...

then price according to demand with increasing margins, price skimming

if they think market can accept absorb higher priced 1.4 with non of the earlier good specs and reprice 2.0 higher for differentiation, so be the bet...

Edited by Kodiaqer
  • Praise 3

Oh. Then I "tio pian" by the SE again. He told me 6 sp dry clutch for the 1.4l not good :a-no: ask me take the 2.0l new 7 sp wet clutch a lot better.

Isnt 6 sp is wet while 7 sp is dry instead? The famous problematic issue is the dry one.

Heard kodiaq 1.4L in soon but price is like $140K

Some thoughts that is kinda overpriced compared to VW..

Got someone bought few mths back at $125k.

Even though slapped with xtra ves also numbers not right as this price.

Hope skoda Singapore re-consider their strategy to capture or tarnish this good car.

125 that time pricing was 129k. So depend on your skill

2.0l price also have gone up  [furious]

Go up still so unfair to those who support the brand and become the early adopter.

Felt so stupid to listen to the SE at that time and wrong calculation thinking that before CEVS kick in will still

be a good deal.... being too naive..... 

Now i will remember that there is no advantage being an early adopter....

Furthermore what was promised was not given.....

Edited by Wildpig8
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2