Insurance For Young And New Driver

Yeobt

Cannot assume la. Some guys parking skill also quite cuckoo one. [drivingcar][lipsrsealed]

Ya some guys anyhow park, very selfish and park too far on the left. Give themselves space to go out but end up my driver door is blocked. For these inconsiderate people I well still try my best to squeeze into my car, but sometimes oops accidentally knock into their car haha......
↡ Advertisement

Cannot assume la. Some guys parking skill also quite cuckoo one. [drivingcar][lipsrsealed]

True haha

Just that i got few ladies who just got their licenses. It took them 1-2 minute to park a car.

but guys tend to be more reckless haha

If ur child is a son, u don't need to worry much about his parking skill

But if daughter, ahem...

If son driving, car accidents can be expensive.

If daughter driving, accidents in car can be very expensive... =P

• Praise 5

Get Blackvue DR650S and 4G wifi router. Can get notification of his speed and live view of where he drive. You will have this :

post-2654-0-18595200-1472624051_thumb.jpg

Blackvue for your safe driving. [grin]

post-2654-0-18595200-1472624051_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

Just pass license is really young and dangerous group. Better dun let him drive alone and go out patoh with gf. Best to add him into your insurance if u think he will be driving quite frequently. Congrats to your son!!

• Praise 1

@Yeobt

No need to add your son's name. It will only increase your premium.

Most insurance have clauses that for inexperienced drivers with less than 2 years driving experience or elderly above 70 yrs old, in event of a claim, excess is $3,000 onwards, depending on insurance co.

Turbocharged

There is a story, of that a person was sued after an accident because the person driving the at-fault vehicle at the time was not a named driver.

I must say I am skeptical of this story.

But anyway, I believe also another benefit of adding a person's name to the policy is that it might let them accrue time on record as an insured person and possibly NCD.

i find you all the children damn poor thing sia......

driving centre pass liao still cannot let him drive..... cannot parktor with gf.... at last he gonna rent a car behind your back instead...........

somemore say strawberry generation... strawberry is the kids or the parents?

There is a story, of that a person was sued after an accident because the person driving the at-fault vehicle at the time was not a named driver.

But anyway, I believe also another benefit of adding a person's name to the policy is that it might let them accrue time on record as an insured person and possibly NCD.

maybe for those cheaper insurance is possible... i think aviva or DA needs a named driver for certain policy

but most big companies usually already catered for unnamed drivers

Edited by Galantspeedz
  • Praise 1

@Yeobt

No need to add your son's name. It will only increase your premium.

Most insurance have clauses that for inexperienced drivers with less than 2 years driving experience or elderly above 70 yrs old, in event of a claim, excess is $3,000 onwards, depending on insurance co.

Problem is that touch wood accident really happen, the premium increase is much lesser than the excess

NCD is probably based on car owner

Problem is that touch wood accident really happen, the premium increase is much lesser than the excess

NCD is probably based on car owner

lets say the accident is a reduction in 30% ncd from 50 to 20..... then the premium increase should be calculated over the 3 years as well as loading.... likely it will be more or similar to excess

Neutral Newbie

hi,

my son is getting his driving license soon.

do i need to add his name into my motor insurance if he drives only occasionally (weekly) and when i am sitting beside him?

how much would it costs (estimate) to add a new driver who is 18 onto my existing motor insurance coverage? my current coverage is $600+ 

what if (touch wood) when his name is not included in my motor insurance and we hit someone when he was the driver, would the insurance still cover us?

am not sure about the insurance coverage now comparing to my time when i was a teen driving my dad's car.   

TIA  [wave]

Most insurance provider are able to add a second driver to your policy. If in a event of accident (touch wood), yourself and your son will not be covered under your existing policy, as your current policy supposedly valid only for the registered driver.

You may want to call up your insurance agent to add your son into your policy to be on the safe side.

[;)]  

Most insurance provider are able to add a second driver to your policy. If in a event of accident (touch wood), yourself and your son will not be covered under your existing policy, as your current policy supposedly valid only for the registered driver.

You may want to call up your insurance agent to add your son into your policy to be on the safe side.

[;)]

covered but at a higher excess....see the photo i posted!

Twincharged

For example ur dad excess $500 but any unnamed driver below 27 need to pay $1.5k. If above 27 ok

And put car cam if he drive alone, also install app to check his driving behavior

Yup. But age depends on insurer. Mine was below 25 consider as young driver.

any good apps to suggest? DL onto my son's hp?

i just read my motor policy. if my car is driven by a unnamed driver age below 27 and less than 1 year driving exp, the excess is $2500.

hmmm...maybe i should check how much is to add my son name into the insurance to avoid hefty excess should anything happens.

Check the premiums first. About 8 years ago when I just passed, my dad checked and it wasn't worth paying extra to get me as named driver to avoid the high excess. The premiums were so much higher that I had to get into at least 1 accident a year and claim ownself to make the extra cost "worth it". Lol.

IMO, if your policy allows any driver but higher excess for young driver, no point to pay extra to make your son the named driver unless you are expecting him to get into many accidents.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

i find you all the children damn poor thing sia......

driving centre pass liao still cannot let him drive..... cannot parktor with gf.... at last he gonna rent a car behind your back instead...........

somemore say strawberry generation... strawberry is the kids or the parents?

maybe for those cheaper insurance is possible... i think aviva or DA needs a named driver for certain policy

but most big companies usually already catered for unnamed drivers

Where got poor thing?

When i get my licence, my dad make me wash his car and changed his punctured tyre before i am allow to drive his car under supervision.

Nowadays, cars is as expensive as keeping a mistress.  Of course, scare this scare that.

Supercharged

Where got poor thing?

When i get my licence, my dad make me wash his car and changed his punctured tyre before i am allow to drive his car under supervision.

Nowadays, cars is as expensive as keeping a mistress.  Of course, scare this scare that.

talking about washing dad's car when i was a new license holder many years ago.

after washing my dad's lancer F one afternoon after school. joy riding on victoria street towards geyland. a 100A stops suddenly in front of me while i was looking at a chio bu standing on a pavement on my left before junction. BANG!  :a-bang:  

kana F by my dad from geyland to central mata chu to make police report.  :a-confused:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1