Windscreen foggy patches

dcb

Anyone know how to rectify juttering wipers ? Just changed a set of Bosh wipers last week.

I also changed to Bosch recently, and it started juddering. I just kept using it and after 1 or 2 weeks the juddering was greatly reduced.

My advice is to use a proper wiper fluid. It will help to clean the windscreen of dirt particles and lubricate it. Water is not good enough. When it was raining and I use my wipers, sometimes it will judder when wiping off rain water. But once I spray some wiper fluid, wipers are smooth and silent again. 

↡ Advertisement

I suspect those silicone stuff, whether wiper or from somewhere may cause the juddering, since it's slippery stuff when stick on the windscreen.

Worse still at night, when oncoming headlight shine on your windscreen will make you get blurred vision.

Good old rubber wiper may just clean better.

For the glass scratches, you probably need to use cerium oxide with a buffer.. not easy to polish glass compare to painted surface.

seconded! Glass foggy, juddering or whatever. Cerium oxide cerium oxide cerium oxide. Any thing else is nonsense. Edited by Mkl22

Turbocharged

I also changed to Bosch recently, and it started juddering. I just kept using it and after 1 or 2 weeks the juddering was greatly reduced.

My advice is to use a proper wiper fluid. It will help to clean the windscreen of dirt particles and lubricate it. Water is not good enough. When it was raining and I use my wipers, sometimes it will judder when wiping off rain water. But once I spray some wiper fluid, wipers are smooth and silent again.

I also used the Bosch wipers for weeks and juddered. Switched to NWB and all is fine now.

seconded! Glass foggy, juddering or whatever. Cerium oxide cerium oxide cerium oxide. Any thing else is nonsense.

Heard got one homemade formula even powerful than cerium oxide.. application by hand only and whatever stains or marks will come over easily. I will try and share via pm only cos may frighten off owners if they know..haha

Hello all, thanks for your feedback. I actually tried applying a few drops of fabric softener on the wind screen with water and the juttering stops.

I guess it can only last for awhile .

Sometimes after the wipers wiped and return, there will be a few patches on the windscreen that is foggy for a few seconds. This is irritating and sometimes block the view on the road. Any idea how to remove that?

Also what is a good recommendation to remove fine scratches on the windscreen as well? Used the 3M grey sandpaper thing and resulted in scratches.

Bro, I changed my wipers today and now I know why mine got foggy patches.

My old wipers are damaged, the silicon bit has got a 2 inch tear along the metal part. Now no more foggy patches. Yay!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1