Gearbox issue on Renault Megane DCI 1.5

Macross_vin

Thanks! But checked vehicle ID. Mine is not there. Also.... mine was made in 2013... anyway.... the bulid start and end date seems funny..... maybe my interpretation is wrong....

In any case, I raised the issue to Wearnes..... the service crew fine tune it.... till date no more similar problem..... but the fuel consumption is rater high now.... hard to hit 6L/100Km level........so.... not sure what they have done

↡ Advertisement

BTW this DCT doesn't use any replaceable oil. The only expendable item is the clutch pack. Same as manual car.

My car is 45k in 1.5 yrs, no issue till date but hope to source for some workshops that will replace the clutch pack cheaper than Wearnes in case the worst really happens. I will post if I find.

BTW this DCT doesn't use any replaceable oil. The only expendable item is the clutch pack. Same as manual car.

My car is 45k in 1.5 yrs, no issue till date but hope to source for some workshops that will replace the clutch pack cheaper than Wearnes in case the worst really happens. I will post if I find.

is urs a megane 3 1.5dci?

anyhow search also can find other ppl posting... facing the same gearbox issue... SE tell me change clutch will be 5k... even worse than DSG where at least got many recon clutch. dont wish to say too much, quickly got rid my car.

Thanks! But checked vehicle ID. Mine is not there. Also.... mine was made in 2013... anyway.... the bulid start and end date seems funny..... maybe my interpretation is wrong....

In any case, I raised the issue to Wearnes..... the service crew fine tune it.... till date no more similar problem..... but the fuel consumption is rater high now.... hard to hit 6L/100Km level........so.... not sure what they have done

bro how ur car so far?

came back to dig this thread again cos of a 2 days ago experience... friend's PHV fluence broke down in causway jam with the attach picture... towed back... workshop (not wearnes) diagnose clutch completely wear out... replace clutch pack asking $4400 excl gst. thank god not him paying...

he also tell me the newer wet clutch auto on the latest grand scenic is no better... clutch failure can be up to five figure cos SE told them change clutch so difficult might as well change the whole gearbox...

those who found this post, all i can say, once bitten twice shy for me... dont even try...

my advice, stay far away from this brand and any dual clutch gearbox... 

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-01 at 1.42.41 PM.jpeg

21 hours ago, furprice_extra said:

came back to dig this thread again cos of a 2 days ago experience... friend's PHV fluence broke down in causway jam with the attach picture... towed back... workshop (not wearnes) diagnose clutch completely wear out... replace clutch pack asking $4400 excl gst. thank god not him paying...

he also tell me the newer wet clutch auto on the latest grand scenic is no better... clutch failure can be up to five figure cos SE told them change clutch so difficult might as well change the whole gearbox...

those who found this post, all i can say, once bitten twice shy for me... dont even try...

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-01 at 1.42.41 PM.jpeg

Hahah. Frenchies still as notorious as 20years ago. Nice to look at but not nice to eat. I’ll buy a perodua over any French BB car. 

(edited)
On 12/3/2019 at 10:04 AM, furprice_extra said:

Actually not true that all Dual Clutch GB are bad. 

I'm using AMG Speedshift MCT, this thing is a beast. Use it as daily drive no problem at all. When no car, will put to manual mode in Sports + and redline the car. Smooth as butter. 

I also heard Porsche PDK is also damn good, but got no comments as I've never own it. 

Edited by Oppositelock

(edited)
On 12/4/2019 at 8:05 AM, Mkl22 said:

Hahah. Frenchies still as notorious as 20years ago. Nice to look at but not nice to eat. I’ll buy a perodua over any French BB car. 

You need 3 precautions 😁:

1. Buy used, so the first owner has borne all depreciation for your pleasure to whack.

2. Buy close to scrap value, so that you can dump in Johor Straits or the sea in Sembawang Park when gearbox fail and then visit LTA.

3. Buy another spare car so you can avoid BMW.

Additional tip.

Buy this car for your mil @Jamesc

You must really love your mil so much.

😂 Just for laughs.

Edit: 

No offence, but Im really tempted by the value proposition used French cars, like the Fluence at 30+k, but maybe not now.

Edited by Brass
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
47 minutes ago, Brass said:

You need 3 precautions 😁:

1. Buy used, so the first owner has borne all depreciation for your pleasure to whack.

2. Buy close to scrap value, so that you can dump in Johor Straits or the sea in Sembawang Park when gearbox fail and then visit LTA.

3. Buy another spare car so you can avoid BMW.

Additional tip.

Buy this car for your mil @Jamesc

You must really love your mil so much.

😂 Just for laughs.

Edit: 

No offence, but Im really tempted by the value proposition used French cars, like the Fluence at 30+k, but maybe not now.

hahahah. frenchies can buy if like you mentioned... dirt cheap and close to paper. whack it and chuck it. one thing the french cars have is very a good suspension setup.

even for a lousy Kangoo, the ride is so plush. put semi slicks on it and handles quite well. i was the only one with Dunlop Z1 star semi slicks on stock 14in.

• Praise 1

On 4/26/2019 at 11:34 PM, King said:

bro how ur car so far?

Yo! Sorry been very long time never log in to check..... Any I was jobless since 2018...... sold the car since then....... Last heard was that this car's air con compressor broke down..... hahaha

Just curious...... Is Renault till today still a suck car??? Though I have no money to buy now..... but if have a chance.... still consider Renault.... especially the Megan GT / Scenic

19 minutes ago, Macross_vin said:

Just curious...... Is Renault till today still a suck car??? Though I have no money to buy now..... but if have a chance.... still consider Renault.... especially the Megan GT / Scenic

Personally, I think Renault/Citroen/Peugeot are very nice cars to drive, yes their suspension, ride comfort, equipment levels, interior and exterior designs are usually more attractive than similarly priced cars of other brands.

BUT, if you really like it, please buy it 2nd hand. So in any case of massive repair costs, you won't burn a hole in your pocket.

Speaking from experience with French cars from brand new to scrap (Renault Megane 2005-2015) and a 2nd hand Citroen DS4 (2016-2018).

In short, if you plan to drive till scrap + do significant mileage (>20K per year) in a french car, it has good chance to be more expensive or similar total cost of ownership with an entry level Audi/Merc/BMW , also speaking from experience here.  

Edited by Rickster

3 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Personally, I think Renault/Citroen/Peugeot are very nice cars to drive, yes their suspension, ride comfort, equipment levels, interior and exterior designs are usually more attractive than similarly priced cars of other brands.

BUT, if you really like it, please buy it 2nd hand. So in any case of massive repair costs, you won't burn a hole in your pocket.

Speaking from experience with French cars from brand new to scrap (Renault Megane 2005-2015) and a 2nd hand Citroen DS4 (2016-2018).

In short, if you plan to drive till scrap + do significant mileage (>20K per year) in a french car, it has good chance to be more expensive or similar total cost of ownership with an entry level Audi/Merc/BMW , also speaking from experience here.  

Thanks for sharing! 

• Praise 1

Surprised that renault DCT is not programmed to disengage clutch when stationary and brake depressed fully. Other brands are doing this hence not overheating so often 

↡ Advertisement