How do you signal your intention when parking in a lot?

How do you signal your intention when parking?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How do you signal your intention when parking in a lot?

• Use signal lights ONLY
    • Use hazard lights ONLY
    • Use BOTH signal AND hazard lights
    • What lights?

If u met with a goondu driver, simi lights also useless...

I kanna once in a car park. I hazard lights on, engage reverse and slowly reverse into lot. Suddenly hit something. I was driving a van loaded with goods. Hence I can't see thru the rear view mirror. I got checked side mirror before I gostan.

I ask the driver why he come so near me and when he saw me reversing, how come never horn me? He said he was shocked to do anything when he sees a van reversing. I think he better stay off road for safety of everyone. Simple thing like this can shock him into inaction. How to react to near miss situation on the road?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

that's not what i was taught leh [confused]

my instructor put poles on the lot ....then reverse in [thumbsup]

so now you carry poles and when you se lot, you take out the poles issit???/ [hur] [hur]

[laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

Left or right signal to indicate the lot u gg for.

Dunno how the hazard light practice started but hazard means stop ...

This was taught to me in 1990 whn I got licence

Concur.

If the person puts on hazard, i will take it that he is going to be stationary.

Left or right signal makes more sense.

But end of the day, it's integrity that plays the biggest role.

We ourselves will know who the lot belongs to.

I have met more woman drivers without integrity in this aspect compared to men

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

so now you carry poles and when you se lot, you take out the poles issit???/ [hur] [hur]

[laugh] [laugh]

No, he bring along his instructor and ask instructor to put poles when parking [cool]

[:p]

• Praise 1

No, he bring along his instructor and ask instructor to put poles when parking [cool]

[:p]

lagi best.... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Concur.

If the person puts on hazard, i will take it that he is going to be stationary.

Left or right signal makes more sense.

But end of the day, it's integrity that plays the biggest role.

We ourselves will know who the lot belongs to.

I have met more woman drivers without integrity in this aspect compared to men

true....they seem to have this knack of acting oblivious to their surroundings...... <_< <_<

Hazard lights blinking means stopping or waiting. By right is signal left or right, but using hazrd lights to indicate parking has become our driving culture.

• Praise 1

ya during the late 80's i was taught when parking only use your left /right to signal your intention, hazard lights only use when your vehicle is in an emercency situation and you need to WARN other drivers abt it. now i see ppl crusing down carpark looking for a slot with their hazard lights on!!!.....i guess it is okay to use the hazard light in the carpark when you are waiting for a lot and your vehicle has come to a complete stop, so as to warn those behind to overtake you.

however, what irritates me the most are buses, i dunno why the bus drivers need to switch on their right indicator lights when they are moving off from the bus stop and going STRAIGHT down to the bext stop. very difficult for vehicles behind to determine whats their intention. I was taught you only signal left/right when you need to lane change, when moving off in a straight line no need to signal just need to watch out for traffic will do which i believe is logical.

Last time when my instructor needed to speak to me, she will ask me to slow down, signal left and pull over much like a bus picking up passenger from bus stop.

After speaking to me, she will tell me to signal right to warn others I'm moving off even if I was going straight.

• Praise 1

Hazard or directional lights wouldn't matter, in most cases people understands either way .. the worst is when someone come against traffic for the lot you are going for, then claim he was there first.

I think hazard lights works better cos I've met kayus before waiting behind me waiting for me to move off and turn when I'm actually waiting for a lot at the side of road.

Twincharged

I was taught at BBDC to signal left first to signal I am stopping. Then hazard light on while waiting for that lot. Then when the car in that lot leaves signal left/right depending on which side the lot is on before reversing into the lot. If the lot already empty then just signal towards the direction you will be reversing.

Left or right signal to indicate the lot u gg for.

Dunno how the hazard light practice started but hazard means stop ...

This was taught to me in 1990 whn I got licence

I use left/right signal trafficators to indicate the lots i'm going for

ahh..talking about hazard light practice..I wasn't taught about high-beam and honking means to tell others to get off the lane but many are still doing it -_-

ahh..talking about hazard light practice..I wasn't taught about high-beam and honking means to tell others to get off the lane but many are still doing it -_-

wat to do....driving culture took a new lease of life of its own [:p] [:p]

the practice of telling ppl to get ppl off that lane is to signal right.....we do it when we drive up north...here? no comment

What if there is a long line of cars who have the right of way going straight?? One of those cars gonna horn and ask if you are taking the empty lot leh.

then u can fark him and tell him to go back to driving schools... LOL :D

the fact is if you are stationary... and someone else bang into you... he is at fault...

if u r moving and he has right of way... messy -_-

I oredy put my gear to reverse...but not sure if any lights light up anot! My car cheap car so no have rear fog light like what bri kangadrool say! But i know my hazard lights were on.

ya lor.. fog light some more...

why singapore need fog light????

the practice of telling ppl to get ppl off that lane is to signal right.....we do it when we drive up north...here? no comment

high beam is like horning... more effect than horning if at night

we horn or high beam to warn others of danger...

LOL

for overtaking... its like saying...

"i am going to tail gate you and might hit into your "arse" if u dun move aside... "

OR

"you are too slow and making cars behind step on brake one by one... someone behind who has not enough reaction time will get into accident and you helped to create it"

I think hazard lights works better cos I've met kayus before waiting behind me waiting for me to move off and turn when I'm actually waiting for a lot at the side of road.

there is two parts... one is slowing down, waiting... hazard light shld be the one

if there is a lot and you wanna start to perform the task of parking... you should alert those cars around you by using hazard light

Last time when my instructor needed to speak to me, she will ask me to slow down, signal left and pull over much like a bus picking up passenger from bus stop.

After speaking to me, she will tell me to signal right to warn others I'm moving off even if I was going straight.

when i see vehicle in front of me signalling right ( be it from stationery or in motion), my immediate understanding is that the person intends to move over to the next lane, seriously i dont see the logic why your instructor ask you to signal right when you are going straight(unless you are in some sort of road shoulder), all you need to do is look out for traffic to see if it is safe for you to move off or not.

↡ Advertisement