Indian buyer say door cannot face west?

LPPL

Haha, I don't know if I'm what you'd call a "traditional Hindu". It seems I might believe in S*tan more than anything else. [laugh]

But from what I understand from my mom, etc., another superstition is that you shouldn't buy a cul-de-sac house. Very bad luck. :D

Googling, I think cul-de-sacs have significance for feng shui as well. I have a feeling traditional Indian and Chinese culture share quite a few weird things lol.

I'm not particularly superstitious but even I wouldn't buy a cul de sac house. That's probably the most deep seated superstition among Chinese property buyers. The rest I don't really care.

Weirdos like to hang out together and share weird stuff

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Haha, I don't know if I'm what you'd call a "traditional Hindu". It seems I might believe in S*tan more than anything else. [laugh]

But from what I understand from my mom, etc., another superstition is that you shouldn't buy a cul-de-sac house. Very bad luck. :D

Googling, I think cul-de-sacs have significance for feng shui as well. I have a feeling traditional Indian and Chinese culture share quite a few weird things lol.

that means corner unit? I like corner units - it has lots more privacy. [laugh]

main thing is unit must not face the afternoon sun. it will heat up the whole house and the heat will get trapped in the concrete walls right till 8+/9+pm.

• Praise 2

As with all things - Beauty (or value) is in the eye of the beholder. There will be all kinds of buyers, from the low-ballers to the more cin-cai anything-goes types. Each one has their own belief system, superstitions, preferences and quirks. 

From my experience, geomancy-centred buyers will be the most extreme - If anything doesn't suit their charted alignments, it's a no; or if it does - You have an extremely keen buyer and great bargaining power over them because inherently their choices for units are extremely limited. 

There are of course the dollar-counters. They are keen on the unit but will always haggle about the price and try every means to press it down. Sometimes they will press and fight over the smallest amount (My record is $112 - Just die die wanted to round down from a fixed figure to an -888 amount) and think that you desperately need them to buy your unit. They will scrutinise and try to point out every fault to press the price. Very tiring and time-consuming dealing with these so usually, even your agent will play hardball with them.

On the other side of the coins there are also those who really appreciate and like the place for what it is and will just offer based on your asking price. This is probably everybody's preferred type of buyer. Sometimes how tastefully you renovate your home or putting some effort into doing some spruce-up before marketing can make this difference. I was quite blessed to have encountered such a buyer once before. 

However, price is only but one aspect of dealing and its not all about the money - Sometimes I feel one has to give-and-take and look for win-win also. Because before you can deal, you also have to take into consideration other factors like how much time you need before moving out and handing over to the buyer, while giving the latter adequate time to renovate etc. Likewise for yourself if you are moving to a new place. 

I like to make people happy.

I would have gladly increase the price by $888

just to make sure they had a good number.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 3

S*tan is very happy to hear that.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

main thing is unit must not face the afternoon sun. it will heat up the whole house and the heat will get trapped in the concrete walls right till 8+/9+pm.

Not corner unit.

It should be the unit located at a dead end.

Prior to this forum, I also didn't know it is considered bad luck. 

This is real science and not pseudo science.  [thumbsup]

I like to make people happy.

I would have gladly increase the price by $888

just to make sure they had a good number.  [thumbsup]

I would've done that for them too honestly, if they really didn't nitpick almost everything in the house just to force a lower price.

Lucky for me someone ended up offering a much higher price.

• Praise 1

After my first lesson on sun angle.

My next home, I make sure no afternoon or evening sun.

Morning sun still acceptable.

Still remember I ask the agent to arrange for morning, afternoon and evening viewing.

You won't want to stay in a home that's constantly feels like an oven.

Just my experience

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 4

Passage with dead end. You have to make U turn only to get back, cannot pass through!

basically that is what they call 3A, 4A or 5A units?

Still remember I ask the agent to arrange for morning, afternoon and evening viewing.

Just my experience

thot u stay shuqi house...all open like istana one :grin:  :grin:

• Praise 1

Just my experience

Totally agree! 

When I got my first unit - It was an East-West facing unit.

Morning sun was good because it's a big help when you dry your clothes and most of the time, bar weekends, it is unlikely you're at home to feel much of its effects. But when it comes to afternoon and evening sun damn jialat cos' it really heats up all the walls and you can feel that latent heat that remains  - Worse still, that unit was a corridor unit so the entire stretch of the living area and one bedroom was essentially warm even into the night. 

• Praise 2

If one likes that particular unit, he will find lots of pros to justify ...

If one dislikes that particular unit, he will find lots of cons to justify ....

Usually at first sight will more or less determine the outcome

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1