2017 Nissan Note e-POWER

primera38

In Singapore, road tax is still needed as this is a petrol-electric car. It's electric motor is rated at 80kW and therefore road tax here is likely be around $370.

The torque is really impressive at 254Nm. Equivalent to a 2.5l NA petrol engine.

CO2 emission is at 68g/km therefore if the car is here, there is a $30k rebate. It may not enjoy the full rebate as the OMV for the highest spec is unlikely to be above $30k.

Japan list price for the highest spec is 2.244 million yen, it is about $29k OMV + 20% custom duty + $5k ARF + $53k COE + Dealer premium $15k = $108k

Fuel tank 41L x 34km/l = Manufacturer claim range 1394km

Will it be a good buy at $108k?

Good buy is what the car offers as a package and it suits your priorities. It's a small hatchback. Practicality wise I think it's a compromise.

I take car maker claims with a pinch of salt. All their tests are done in the lab. No doubt figures will look fantastic.

1.2L car with torque of 254nm is really  :yuush:  :yuush:  :yuush: !!! 

What's the weight of the car?

The 1.2L Note already weighs in at about 1100+kg. If you factor in the electric motors and battery pack how much will it weigh? Now factor in with 3passengers + 1 driver, again how much will it weigh?

No point looking at just the power and ignore the car's weight. And you do not know how Nissan programs the car to perform. Don't forget it's a car designed for efficiency.

Edited by Watwheels

Great concept.

As long as have petrol you can keep driving.

With plug in hybrid once you run out of battery

power, you cannot drive and need to change it.

:D

Great concept indeed.  All the benefits of an EV minus the dreaded range anxiety....and it seems to be more efficient than hybrids, at least on paper.

I will go try it if it hits our shores. [thumbsup]

Edited by BoneStock
  • Praise 2

Great concept indeed.  All the benefits of an EV minus the dreaded range anxiety....and it seems to be more efficient than hybrids, at least on paper.

I will go try it if it hits our shores. [thumbsup]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bertelschmitt/2016/11/11/automotive-news-reporter-gets-88-mpg-in-new-e-powered-nissan-note/#5405b4e4493c

Reported to have 88MPG (31km/l)!   [thumbsup] Also excited to try the immediate 250Nm torque if it ever comes here. 

• Praise 1

Nissan Note e-POWER series hybrid launch in Japan on 2nd November 2017

JC08 mode fuel consumption of e-POWER-equipped vehicles in the 34.0km / L ~ 37.2km / L

01_s.png

02_s.png

03_s.png

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

In the engine room of the existing note, the power generator to be connected to the engine, traveling to perform the regenerative power generation "EM57" motor, integrated power train of e-POWER fit, such as a compact inverter to manage power in and out. The high-voltage lithium-ion battery to store the power for the drive is placed under the front seat

13.jpg

14.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

Source: http://car.watch.impress.co.jp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPSRE9e06wg

Interesting!

this concept of electric car will work here in Sg. the generstor basically charge the battery that drives the car. but they should allow elect charging when car is stationary to reduce the use of bulit in gen.

battery life should also be able to last at least 3 hours.

I see, doubt SG will sell them..

we still kinda rely on petrol/diesel

The massive revenue loss for the Singapore government from petrol excise duties would be distructive if the Note e-Power turns out to be a COE Cat A best seller.

There might be an electric car road tax and import tax levy imposed.

Edited by Vinceng

sounds like raiding the reserve... [laugh]

The massive revenue loss for the Singapore government from petrol excise duties would be distructive if the Note e-Power turns out to be a COE Cat A best seller.

There might be an electric car road tax and import tax levy imposed.

• Praise 1

this concept of electric car will work here in Sg. the generstor basically charge the battery that drives the car. but they should allow elect charging when car is stationary to reduce the use of bulit in gen.

battery life should also be able to last at least 3 hours.

No will not. Concept is sound, but the govt don't want to spend on charging infrastructure. Imagine how much new substations and power cables must be laid for the huge charging network.

I think it's highly unlikely to happen.

Always think in terms of the cost and how much can be recovered after sinking this cost and you will be on the right track of our govt thinking.

Edited by Mkl22

No will not. Concept is sound, but the govt don't want to spend on charging infrastructure. Imagine how much new substations and power cables must be laid for the huge charging network.

I think it's highly unlikely to happen.

Always think in terms of the cost and how much can be recovered after sinking this cost and you will be on the right track of our govt thinking.

if the car battery is self charge with built in generator in this case and the battery can be easily removed to be charge at home like a travel lagguage. hahaha think out of the box

but there will be less petrol stations and oil companies wont be happy.

if the car battery is self charge with built in generator in this case and the battery can be easily removed to be charge at home like a travel lagguage. hahaha think out of the box

but there will be less petrol stations and oil companies wont be happy.

Ah.. No plug in. Kept thinking it's like the BMW i3.
  • Praise 1

Just want to point out the technology is not new, it is just that no one has done it for cars. 

A lot of diesel trains in larger trains actually also use the fuel to generate electricity only. The train is still driven by electric motors.

This is actually a great idea as it is a lot less complicated than other hybrids which have two different systems to drive the car e.g. petrol engine CVT transmission plus electric motors. 

So in fact since the system is a more elegant solution than Toyota etc with a super tiny (so not very heavy) battery, I am quite surprised that there isn't much weight savings or fuel efficiency improvement versus the Prius.

I hope Nissan will continue improving it in future generations or other brands copy and improve.

Things are getting interesting!

Edited by Gemmoglock
  • Praise 1

I have this thinking last night. A solar powered note will be a far better idea.

All these news about zero energy and HDB solar are just 'marketing talks'. Try to use solar just to run your home air con  [bigcry] 

↡ Advertisement