Camless Engine is coming!

Eyke

as long as infra for electric vehicles not ready then ICE will still remain.

eg. Sg, unless u stay landed or office has charging point, how u gonna charge ur pure electric car?

In China, govt is developing more infra for EV.

↡ Advertisement

as long as infra for electric vehicles not ready then ICE will still remain.

eg. Sg, unless u stay landed or office has charging point, how u gonna charge ur pure electric car?

Sadly you are correct and its a chicken and egg situation. People wont buy an electric vehicle until its convenient to be able to use it. Govt wont invest in re-charging infrastructure until people have the cars that need it...  :a-bang:

In fact Singapore with its small land area and dense urban traffic conditions is an ideal environment for electric vehicles and its a shame the Govt has missed the opportunity to innovate in this area, I guess maybe they are too addicted to the revenue from the 56cts per litre petrol tax they can put towards fixing the MRT every day..

Even if we are too small to have an indigenous car industry, the opportunity to innovate and develop the electric motors and drives and be at the forefront of battery technology is there. Every HDB car park should have say 5 electric car bays as a standard feature with the electrical risers and trunking put in place for th whole car park, so that these can be easily expanded as and when needed.

With the artificial turnover in car ownership created by the COE system and the right infrastructure and incentives in place, it would be surprisingly quick for people to make the switch, when they realise that a 300km range in an island only 40km from end to end is actually not a limitation at all... and electric cars can be suprisingly fun to drive.. :-) 

• Praise 1

I think ICE has a long way to go.

At the moment it only uses 17% of the energy and the other 83%

of unburnt fuel comes out of the pipe as pollution.

The trick is to burn petrol as a gas instead of as a liquid.

Gases burn completely while petrol as a liquid is only 

partly burnt. If petrol is burnt completely there is no polution

and the consumption decreases.

:D

• Praise 1

i personally feel. electric is the solution but battery will need another 20 or more years to meet this demand. 

more so for city driving where most times we are caught in jams and yet engine continue to run and burn fuel. maybe for the interim, a small generator to charge the battery when it is flat could be a solution. 

• Praise 1

Sound like you are talking about hybrid.... 

i personally feel. electric is the solution but battery will need another 20 or more years to meet this demand. 

more so for city driving where most times we are caught in jams and yet engine continue to run and burn fuel. maybe for the interim, a small generator to charge the battery when it is flat could be a solution. 

Sound like you are talking about hybrid....

slightly different. the current hybrid still has fuel engine when battery is weak. i would consider kick start generator to charge battery and let generator power drive the car elect motor whike it is charging it. that is the car is 100% driven my electric motor. possible?

slightly different. the current hybrid still has fuel engine when battery is weak. i would consider kick start generator to charge battery and let generator power drive the car elect motor whike it is charging it. that is the car is 100% driven my electric motor. possible?

BMW i3 REx

• Praise 1

the amount of electrical energy produced by the generator is insufficient to recharge the electrical motor while it is at full capacity in normal driving condition. the electrical motor output always greater than the input. thus your generator will always be burning fossil fuel while trying desperately to power the electrical motor. Defeats the purpose in design. that is the current limitation in technology.

This is based on my experience with the last gen GS hybrid.

the amount of electrical energy produced by the generator is insufficient to recharge the electrical motor while it is at full capacity in normal driving condition. the electrical motor output always greater than the input. thus your generator will always be burning fossil fuel while trying desperately to power the electrical motor. Defeats the purpose in design. that is the current limitation in technology.

This is based on my experience with the last gen GS hybrid.

I am sure the current drawn to drive the car will be higher than the charging current. but i am hoping if the car is stationary in jams, then it will have opportunity to charge battery. haha

I am sure the current drawn to drive the car will be higher than the charging current. but i am hoping if the car is stationary in jams, then it will have opportunity to charge battery. haha

There is already the Nissan Note E-power that does what you describe. Able to achieve 37km/l in real world test apparently :D

Supercharged

The future is definitely electric, as someone said in this topic. 

Today, maybe Pininfarina Battista went far most in this EV area.

Don't you think? Who can fight with this electric monster? :)

MLMLWML, whiny (electric) cars hold no appeal for me

↡ Advertisement