Supercharged

Taxi is coming strong with impressive spec too.  [drivingcar]

15285030_10154590538342891_3445802059940

15253579_10209896642963944_9107260724170

15192637_10209896642403930_6709414923679

15192742_10209896643243951_5020422185009

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Wasted la, this car model kenna "burned" by taxi company liao, now lesser people will buy...

Was thinking the same thing. Now that the taxi coys have gotten their hands on it, it reduces the attractiveness to private buyers. 

• Praise 1

Just saw this model in the showroom and now it became a taxi. Now who will buy this model?? 

Was it at Komoco showroom? How much was it going for?

• Praise 4

Heard from my SE that it's abt 120 to 130k, no actual price yet....

I also tiagong from a SE  that its going at about $125K.

I did go for a joy ride with the SE and that car can go FAST:slow:  dun feel like a hybrid at all... 

• Praise 3

Heard from my SE that it's abt 120 to 130k, no actual price yet....

Tks! If it's priced at $125k, I doubt if many units would be moved bearing in mind Prius is going at $130k+ and also taxi using it, so don't quite understand their rationale but maybe they want to prove its reliability and resilience since it's the first Hyundai Hybrid?

I also tiagong from a SE  that its going at about $125K.

I did go for a joy ride with the SE and that car can go FAST:slow:  dun feel like a hybrid at all... 

Hybrid cars take off very fast cos using electric motor but my understanding is you shouldn't floor it cos then the normal motor would take over if it goes over a certain speed. It's also very quiet. I'm no expert just hearing from some hybrid owners.

• Praise 3

Tks! If it's priced at $125k, I doubt if many units would be moved bearing in mind Prius is going at $130k+ and also taxi using it, so don't quite understand their rationale but maybe they want to prove its reliability and resilience since it's the first Hyundai Hybrid?

Hybrid cars take off very fast cos using electric motor but my understanding is you shouldn't floor it cos then the normal motor would take over if it goes over a certain speed. It's also very quiet. I'm no expert just hearing from some hybrid owners.

I was kinda interested in the hybrid car as I saw quite a few running in Korea when I was there for holidays recently. But the price of $125K ... its really close to the Honda 1.5T Civic loh...  :wut:

The main contributing factor that it can go fast is that it uses a DCT instead of the usual CVT.

For me this is yet another nail in the coffin for diesel cars in Singapore. A huge fleet of Prius and now Hyundai hybrids.

I was kinda interested in the hybrid car as I saw quite a few running in Korea when I was there for holidays recently. But the price of $125K ... its really close to the Honda 1.5T Civic loh...  :wut:

The main contributing factor that it can go fast is that it uses a DCT instead of the usual CVT.

Wow, $125K is high price. Is Kia Niro here yet? 

For me this is yet another nail in the coffin for diesel cars in Singapore. A huge fleet of Prius and now Hyundai hybrids.

Your powers of deduction very tok kong leh, this also can use to shoot diesel cars  [shocked]

• Praise 1

Your powers of deduction very tok kong leh, this also can use to shoot diesel cars [shocked]

It's called inference and some speculation. It's a sign of things to come.

At this price and special allocation to taxi before private ... Komoco mgt ought to remove this model from lineup n dun need waste time training staff or showroom floor.. like i40

↡ Advertisement