Hyundai IoniQ Hybrid

Yeobt

Those who bought the first batch must be cursing. They paid so much more

First batch $125K... but COE was almost $50K... about there lar...

Those who bought the first batch must be cursing. They paid so much more

First batch $125K... but COE was almost $50K... about there lar...

Neutral Newbie

Me, I have just bought a Ioniq EV. 

Anyone knows the brand and model of this HU installed in Ioniq? All i gathered is that it is running on Wince OS (which services has been discontinued by Microsoft. And also means it sucks...) anyone have ioniq and changed to new HU running on Android?

Me, I have just bought a Ioniq EV.

Anyone knows the brand and model of this HU installed in Ioniq? All i gathered is that it is running on Wince OS (which services has been discontinued by Microsoft. And also means it sucks...) anyone have ioniq and changed to new HU running on Android?

Huh? Windows CE??? Really??? That's like 10 years old? Maybe you should check with Komoco...

Neutral Newbie

Huh? Windows CE??? Really??? That's like 10 years old? Maybe you should check with Komoco...

Yea bro. I checked with komoco already. they suck at answering. They like hiding something and don't want to give direct answer. I pek cek already. Anyone have ideas?

Yea bro. I checked with komoco already. they suck at answering. They like hiding something and don't want to give direct answer. I pek cek already. Anyone have ideas?

Ah... my take is that they have no answer and they also have not much choice cos the early batches they just take from the parent company... also they do hear the feedback and usually it takes some time to test and decide which unit to use to replace what is a dissatisfactory head unit... supplier contracts must be drawn up and costing, etc... lots of paperwork... you can't hold back sales just because you had to source for these right? So sell first lor... not very good practice but then again... that's quite normal...

Neutral Newbie

Ah... my take is that they have no answer and they also have not much choice cos the early batches they just take from the parent company... also they do hear the feedback and usually it takes some time to test and decide which unit to use to replace what is a dissatisfactory head unit... supplier contracts must be drawn up and costing, etc... lots of paperwork... you can't hold back sales just because you had to source for these right? So sell first lor... not very good practice but then again... that's quite normal...

True la. But then they definitely have the Brand & Model of this unit and they are so hush hush about it. I also asked for the contact of that 3rd party supplier for this HU as I just want to talk to them to see if there's any way to work around this to installing maybe android you see...

I understand where you're coming from with all those costs, contracts etc... But at least they can stop avoiding questions and be upfront as I'm not forcing them into a corner of scolding/sueing them for anything. Just asking...

True la. But then they definitely have the Brand & Model of this unit and they are so hush hush about it. I also asked for the contact of that 3rd party supplier for this HU as I just want to talk to them to see if there's any way to work around this to installing maybe android you see...

I understand where you're coming from with all those costs, contracts etc... But at least they can stop avoiding questions and be upfront as I'm not forcing them into a corner of scolding/sueing them for anything. Just asking...

Ha ha... tough lar... I also asked them about adding stuff to my car using original parts which they could sell... but they just shrug and say don't have, no intention to bring in... stuff like fog lamps, etc...