Hyundai IoniQ Hybrid

Yeobt

(edited)

Good morning to Ioniqians,

may i ask owners of this car, on the drive experiences of this car so far, how is the ride and any issues? thinking of getting this car before my COE expires end of this year. Maybe hear out some first hand experience and advices (if any) from u before me heading to showroom..lol..as test drive once at the showroom does not tell me enough with this car esp in hot and humid weather in Singapore.

And also if possible to share the price, discounts or freebie such as free servicing package that komoco have given u, so that I know what to expect when talking to the SE... possible to pm me?

Was looking at the features and found out that this car has all the safety features that the luxury cars have and price well... downside i worried about the hybrid battery... wonder if they can last? and any electroincs issues?

Was also looking at the Prius but the price is kind of in the high side and with the current COE price of 54K... wonder should i wait longer..or good time to buy?

Lastly anyone bought it with this 54K coe? gotten the bid?

Thank you and have a nice Sunday!

The car comes with 10-year unlimited exchange battery warranty. It uses a Li-ion polymer battery that does not develop memory issues unlike the NiMH one used in the Prius. The hybrid technology used is mature already cos it has been refined over the last decade in the various Hyundai models that are sold in the US (namely the Sonata and Elantra). I won't worry too much about reliability.

As for the ride quality, go get a test drive and decide for yourself. Only you can decide if the car meets your expectations. It handles like a standard Elantra... meaning it's a basic family car... no sporty pretensions but it does have class-leading specs. Note that it has a 1.6L engine while the Prius spots a 1.8 L.

As for test drive, go on a weekday morning or afternoon in between rush hour. The SE will arrange to allow you to go for a expressway test drive... if you need a good SE, just PM me... my SE allowed me to drive from the Alexandra exit on AYE all the way to Jalan Boon Lay exit and return... that's a good 12 km one direction... you'll get a very good impression from such a test drive...

Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

thanks bro,

Any other bros have any advices to share?

Have a good week ahead.

you will not find any owners giving advise cos nobody here have bought a ioniq ...

u should just go test drive... 

Edited by Auron

and why nobody here buy?

komoco always low omw high sell price 

cust svc sucks

salespeople hang up n sell and like flower pot dun wan to serve walk in customers

ioniq interior so bland n cheap

The car comes with 10-year unlimited exchange battery warranty. It uses a Li-ion polymer battery that does not develop memory issues unlike the NiMH one used in the Prius. The hybrid technology used is mature already cos it has been refined over the last decade in the various Hyundai models that are sold in the US (namely the Sonata and Elantra). I won't worry too much about reliability.

As for the ride quality, go get a test drive and decide for yourself. Only you can decide if the car meets your expectations. It handles like a standard Elantra... meaning it's a basic family car... no sporty pretensions but it does have class-leading specs. Note that it has a 1.6L engine while the Prius spots a 1.8 L.

As for test drive, go on a weekday morning or afternoon in between rush hour. The SE will arrange to allow you to go for a expressway test drive... if you need a good SE, just PM me... my SE allowed me to drive from the Alexandra exit on AYE all the way to Jalan Boon Lay exit and return... that's a good 12 km one direction... you'll get a very good impression from such a test drive...

wow tats a very very long test drive le....back n fro will clock 24km or so...haha...cool....ur SE is really kind n free to entertain lo...

most test drives r ard the area only....10mins max!

Supercharged

a taxi runs about 400-600 km for 20-23 hours every day.

so if you see a car model that uses for taxi and is still

running on our road after many years, you can be sure

that is a very reliable model for a family car.  [:p]

Saw a hyundai ionic yesterday. Looks good in white.

Wow! Great!

wow tats a very very long test drive le....back n fro will clock 24km or so...haha...cool....ur SE is really kind n free to entertain lo...

most test drives r ard the area only....10mins max!

I know him... cos my Sonata is the second car I bought from him... my dad recommended a few people to buy from him before...

Wow! Great!

I know him... cos my Sonata is the second car I bought from him... my dad recommended a few people to buy from him before...

icic!!! so can get tis car ya...worth it if u gg for long distance rides everyday......very worth it....

(edited)

you will not find any owners giving advise cos nobody here have bought a ioniq ...

u should just go test drive... 

yes, I had test driven this car. It has good power even fully loaded with 5 persons! quiet and had all the safety features of the luxury cars. such as the blind-spot indicator, AEB, the SCC, Lane assist. Even tried the SCC and Lane assist during test driving... im impressive. the car stop by itself when using SCC.... .

Also one important factor is the hybrid battery warranty...10 years and unlimited.  not too bad aside from the 5 years unlimited warranty for the car.

Safety crash valuation of 5/5 stars... saw in youtube.

Nicer look than prius esp the rear view, and more affordable as compare to prius if buy from the ADs. I dun think I would get from PI anymore after some unpleasant experiences.

One thing i disliked was the Head Unit sucks! no Apple Play or Android auto and no GPS nav!

Good pricing after talking to the SE. but I wont share here..leaning towards the ioniq over the elantra elite, and sonota due to the safety features provided which i think this car has the best features now currently at the 1.6CC class on Singapore road...FC is relatively low.

Edited by Atomicman

and why nobody here buy?

komoco always low omw high sell price

cust svc sucks

salespeople hang up n sell and like flower pot dun wan to serve walk in customers

ioniq interior so bland n cheap

You saying this based on?????

Twincharged

I drive a diesel n dropped my wife at a taxi stand. An auntie open my car rear left door as my wife close the front passenger door, wah damn sianz man [bigcry]

Lol u shld tell the auntie premium cab

Flag down $30 ai mai

Saw a hyundai ionic yesterday. Looks good in white.

Actual owner car, or test car? The test car is E* plate and it's white.

I haven't seen ioniq yet besides this test car.

Twincharged
(edited)

Actual owner car, or test car? The test car is E* plate and it's white.

I haven't seen ioniq yet besides this test car.

Actual owner. Turning into catholic high primary. SLJ plate iirc. Rest of the Ioniqs I have seen are the taxis.

Edited by Nzy

Actual owner. Turning into catholic high primary. SLJ plate iirc. Rest of the Ioniqs I have seen are the taxis.

most will be taxis i think since the mileage so high..very worth it for the trade....comfy also?

Supersonic

I passed by komoco and saw the test drive car of the IoniQ, the car design looks nice le, esp the white colour.

It's good in every way... except the boot space and the price... the Toyota Prius is now less than $110,000 at the Car Expo I think... my dad saw the advertisement... I don't know if there are any catches lar... but with the Ioniq and Niro priced higher with a smaller capacity engine , getting the Prius will be a no-brainer...

↡ Advertisement