A reason why MCF is strict in enforcing rules

RadX

Thought I'd create awareness on how we enforce rules here. Look at the article below and you will see what I mean.

https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/sph-owned-hwz-forum-doing-little-curtail-racist-offensive-remarks-against-sporean-malay

There are the naysayers that say we strict, rigid, etc, and compare us with HWZ. Well, look at the above and you see the kind of respect we have for members here.

The mods here enforce to keep this place sane and apart from the banter we have and all, we respect the national rules lest they go afoul and create any form of tension that we do not want.

Some have tried to be nationalistic and all, and that is fine, but to denigrade others really borders on sedition and I personally, do not condone that here

Thus, all in all, MCFers are pretty cool, save for @enye...hahahha but it's about the continuity in this place and we hope to keep it that way.

Have a great Xmas all and to a better 2017.

I post the posting from ASS here(although i know this farhan is a fictitional nuisance.....this is an apt post):

SPH-OWNED HWZ FORUM DOING LITTLE TO CURTAIL RACIST OFFENSIVE REMARKS AGAINST S'POREAN MALAY MUSLIMS

Submitted by farhan on Mon, 19/12/2016 - 10:49am

racist_hardwarezone_forum_154_media.jpg?

Dear A.S.S,

I am very upset that Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) is not doing much to curtail the constant racist and offensive comments made by some of the members of Hardwarezone, a site that they own. From my observation, several members of that site like to make fun of Malays and Muslims.

Advertisement

Even a thread that initially had nothing to do with Malays or Muslims will end up having someone turning it into one which will ultimately result in another person contributing an offensive remark.

The following is one instance:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/go-church-got-w...

(See attached photo)

The member who made that comment has been a member since 2013 and has posted about 60,000 comments. Browsing through his comments, you can see that many are insulting to Malays or Muslims. SPH should be proactive in banning such members for life.

Upset Minority

A.S.S. Contributor

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/sph-owned-hwz-forum-doing-little-curtail-racist-offensive-remarks-against-sporean-malay

FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

220px-William_Bludworth.jpg

We got this, his eyes are on you.

u post summore, @vtim wun sleep till 2018  :grin:  :grin:

Personally, i like the strict rules enforced on religion, personal attack, but for the merging of threads, i felt sometimes it is a little over done. 

After merging, sometimes, the original intent of the thread is not related anymore. 

Thanks 

• Praise 15

Personally, i like the strict rules enforced on religion, personal attack, but for the merging of threads, i felt sometimes it is a little over done. 

After merging, sometimes, the original intent of the thread is not related anymore. 

Thanks 

Yalor Yalor

• Praise 1

Thought I's create awareness on how we enforce rules here.  Look at the article below and you will see what I mean.

https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/sph-owned-hwz-forum-doing-little-curtail-racist-offensive-remarks-against-sporean-malay

There are the naysayers that say we strict, rigid, etc, and compare us with HWZ.  Well, look at the above and you see the kind of respect we have for members here.  

The mods here enforce to keep this place sane and apart from the banter we have and all, we respect the national rules lest they go afoul and create any form of tension that we do not want.  

Some have tried to be nationalistic and all, and that is fine, but to denigrade others really borders on sedition and I personally, do not condone that here

Thus, all in all, MCFers are pretty cool, save for @enye...hahahha but it's about the continuity in this place and we hope to keep it that way.

Have a great Xmas all and to a better 2017.

I post the posting from ASS here(although i know this farhan is a fictitional nuisance.....this is an apt post):

SPH-OWNED HWZ FORUM DOING LITTLE TO CURTAIL RACIST OFFENSIVE REMARKS AGAINST S'POREAN MALAY MUSLIMS

Submitted by farhan on 

Mon, 19/12/2016 - 10:49am
racist_hardwarezone_forum_154_media.jpg?

Dear A.S.S,

I am very upset that Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) is not doing much to curtail the constant racist and offensive comments made by some of the members of Hardwarezone, a site that they own. From my observation, several members of that site like to make fun of Malays and Muslims.

Advertisement

Even a thread that initially had nothing to do with Malays or Muslims will end up having someone turning it into one which will ultimately result in another person contributing an offensive remark.

The following is one instance:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/go-church-got-w...

(See attached photo)

The member who made that comment has been a member since 2013 and has posted about 60,000 comments. Browsing through his comments, you can see that many are insulting to Malays or Muslims. SPH should be proactive in banning such members for life.

Upset Minority

A.S.S. Contributor

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/sph-owned-hwz-forum-doing-little-curtail-racist-offensive-remarks-against-sporean-malay

FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

"Farhan" is definitely not a fictional nuisance - he/she is a very real one! :D

Anyway, kudos to you and most of the mod team bro. Keeping this place civil is no mean feat.

I pledge to try not to be racially offensive. But I do reserve the right to be offensive to certain fictional undertakers. [laugh]

• Praise 2

"Farhan" is definitely not a fictional nuisance - he/she is a very real one! :D

Anyway, kudos to you and most of the mod team bro. Keeping this place civil is no mean feat.

I pledge to try not to be racially offensive. But I do reserve the right to be offensive to certain fictional undertakers. [laugh]

Lol...nb

i think.. like-minded people will band together bah...  

i read edmw pretty often.. only becoz their CSI skills damn satki...  but the things written there... offensive ones i just ignore lor..  never opened an acc to post before...  

i think most guys here think like me ba..  we are still passionate about the things around us.. but juz more responsible about the things we say.. 

i am sure.. even guys with accounts at both sites.. are more mindful of the things that they say here.

Thanks 

agreed.. but the failure to adhere to.. would also mean having multiple threads on the same things.. 

for eg.. merc accident at least have 3 threads over there..  think most things will have pros and cons bah... 

• Praise 9

Let's continue to make this MCF forum a considerate and yet informative forum for all to come and chit-chat, contribute positively and learn :)

Merry Christmas to all, and enjoy the long weekend coming up :)

• Praise 3

Thanks

I agree.

I have not created threads for quite a while. Cos I am quite afraid of being told to "search" google or forum first .

I feel that the topics here have been quite dead, esp on the car related stuff

It's always qashqai. Elantra. K3. Sometimes attrage. Opel astra. These few threads.

Used to be more vibrant.

Regulation is good. But don't over regulate thats why I meant.

Honest opinion here.

Edited by Friendstar
  • Praise 12

I agree.

I have not created threads for quite a while. Cos I am quite afraid of being told to "search" google or forum first .

I feel that the topics here have been quite dead, esp on the car related stuff

It's always qashqai. Elantra. K3. Sometimes attrage. Opel astra. These few threads.

Used to be more vibrant.

Regulation is good. But don't over regulate thats why I meant.

Honest opinion here.

Yeah, MCF used to be more vibrant, not sure if it is due to overregulation but there are a lot of competition out there for "eyeballs". This has settled into a place for groups of old birds to discuss current affairs and cars in the most gentlemanly manner, after a while, it gets very predictable.

If I am new and I come back a few times to this site and see the same old same old topics, I won't hang around long. Mods must start more new topics.

Having said that, I think the mods are doing a good job at moderating discussion (HWZ is not for me).

• Praise 2

Isn't nachtsider some Filipino descent doctor living in Australia who married an Indian descent wife? Lol.

I agree the merging of threads is bit overdone.

There are just too many tag words to search. And honestly the search algorithm within mcf is very inflexible. If u search "thailand", a thread on Bangkok won't come out.

Even laojiaos like us, can't find the thread we want to continue in half the time...

The racism and religious thing is very well done here though. Kudos to the mods for keeping a close eye on that.

The lack of activity in the car threads is mainly due to the age of the mcf population and the fact the high coes and govt car lite policy make us stick to one car. Lesser ownership with a small population in Singapore simply makes a car forum here less exciting.

I mean what else can I say about a car when it hasn't had its first break down?

• Praise 9

Isn't nachtsider some Filipino descent doctor living in Australia who married an Indian descent wife? Lol.

I agree the merging of threads is bit overdone.

There are just too many tag words to search. And honestly the search algorithm within mcf is very inflexible. If u search "thailand", a thread on Bangkok won't come out.

Even laojiaos like us, can't find the thread we want to continue in half the time...

The racism and religious thing is very well done here though. Kudos to the mods for keeping a close eye on that.

The lack of activity in the car threads is mainly due to the age of the mcf population and the fact the high coes and govt car lite policy make us stick to one car. Lesser ownership with a small population in Singapore simply makes a car forum here less exciting.

I mean what else can I say about a car when it hasn't had its first break down?

Kopithiam and library are "mutually exclusive" in terms of noise level. Lol....

Always work both ways.

Those rules or regulations are for our protection but in the same token they are like prison bars and feel restrictive.

In this modern age where information burst forth like F16 and falsehood can be clothed so white that you will be surprised how easily ppl are fooled.

Mind you a country can be turned upside-down down via the Internet and still in that topsy-turvy state to-date. It brought to mind what a tiny red book did to Dynastic China. Words are that powerful regardless the form they come in.

I agree that MCF is well moderated. There is a sense of family here....to know that many pairs of eyes are looking out for troublemakers or those whose intent is solely to stir sh#t or just cause division. We are not closed in our minds but we choose not to forget that there is no place like home.

Obviously those who hope to cause disunity or create tensions, we tell them to fxxk off. At least we can count on Mod Radx and the team to click here there and BAN those who are either off their medication or on school holidays or just plain bored. Kudos to you guys ya.

Personally I do not visit HWZ. My blood pressure cannot tahan the sensational pieces of work and my heart turn cold at the thoughts behind some of the authors' intent. It is not a good place to lose your brain.

Wishing all an early Healthy Christmas and Prosperous 2017. Health and Wealth be upon you and loved ones. Keep well. Be safe.

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5