A reason why MCF is strict in enforcing rules

RadX

I am writing here not to rub or polish my undertaker bola.

Through the ups and downs, more downs than up, I come to understand how our undertaker work.

Many perhaps like me when I first started, I had a lot preconceive ideas about what is right and wrong, what is the limit and rules (most of it are thrown out of the window and like prices of cars of Bentley - rules on application with discretion).

There are lots of moderators on the list but only 2 seems to be very active, one on the wrong bola (undertaker) and the other (Jman).

I learnt the hard way but these experiences here in this forum are also real life experiences too. Let me give a few examples.

There are groups here and some viewed with greater latitude and tolerance. Unfortunately I don't fall into this group, but I am not a groupy kind of person. It is a natural thing.

Rules are there but sometimes don't apply evenly for everybody. It is only human even this happens in our real life corridor of power in our country. Natural phenomenon.

I know this for certain but the undertaker has re-inforce my believe, don't sweat the small stuff. I really want to live life with the mantra.

I hope I am not getting to personal, but after I learnt about undertaker walk in life which is of no fault of his, I realised my own life's journey is not as complicated and difficult. I try and not make life difficult for him here in this forum. Just to let you know, he keeps tab on a selected few and read every post they write. I think I am one of them.

In this forum, where there is a lot of anonymity, some get ban and still can come back (I am not admitting anything), we have to mindful that we need to restrain what we type because the person you reply to does not know what your physical reaction is like and may sometimes react adversely to your comment even if you meant well.

In a discussion, sometimes we get heated, it is ok. But check if your pride to win even if you know you are not right gets in the way. It always takes the stronger person to walk away or say sorry. This is a fact.

Do not do unto others if you do not want others to do unto you.

This is a forum and hence, a place to chill. Life already so stressful, at work at home at karoke at nightclub at makan, why bring stress into this forum. If that is so then you really got no place to de-stress, and the only place left but you have to wait for the correct month and until the undertaker open the gate for you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

I so wanna start a thread like this.. i got a Budget of $118k which car should I get a Honda jazz or Honda Fit

Or 'do you think left side and right side balance?'
  • Praise 1

Great post #19 & #20...of course, they came about becos of the other great post #satu...

Ignorant me didn't know what edmw was till now.

Glad to see responsible mods and users here.

Stay safe and be merry this festive season folks.

• Praise 1

I so wanna start a thread like this.. i got a Budget of $118k which car should I get a Honda jazz or Honda Fit

Cannot talk here, wrong thread .. :D

Chill .... :D

I am writing here not to rub or polish my undertaker bola.

Through the ups and downs, more downs than up, I come to understand how our undertaker work.

Many perhaps like me when I first started, I had a lot preconceive ideas about what is right and wrong, what is the limit and rules (most of it are thrown out of the window and like prices of cars of Bentley - rules on application with discretion).

There are lots of moderators on the list but only 2 seems to be very active, one on the wrong bola (undertaker) and the other (Jman).

I learnt the hard way but these experiences here in this forum are also real life experiences too. Let me give a few examples.

There are groups here and some viewed with greater latitude and tolerance. Unfortunately I don't fall into this group, but I am not a groupy kind of person. It is a natural thing.

Rules are there but sometimes don't apply evenly for everybody. It is only human even this happens in our real life corridor of power in our country. Natural phenomenon.

I know this for certain but the undertaker has re-inforce my believe, don't sweat the small stuff. I really want to live life with the mantra.

I hope I am not getting to personal, but after I learnt about undertaker walk in life which is of no fault of his, I realised my own life's journey is not as complicated and difficult. I try and not make life difficult for him here in this forum. Just to let you know, he keeps tab on a selected few and read every post they write. I think I am one of them.

In this forum, where there is a lot of anonymity, some get ban and still can come back (I am not admitting anything), we have to mindful that we need to restrain what we type because the person you reply to does not know what your physical reaction is like and may sometimes react adversely to your comment even if you meant well.

In a discussion, sometimes we get heated, it is ok. But check if your pride to win even if you know you are not right gets in the way. It always takes the stronger person to walk away or say sorry. This is a fact.

Do not do unto others if you do not want others to do unto you.

This is a forum and hence, a place to chill. Life already so stressful, at work at home at karoke at nightclub at makan, why bring stress into this forum. If that is so then you really got no place to de-stress, and the only place left but you have to wait for the correct month and until the undertaker open the gate for you.

Good post but i dont believe there is favouritism or what-not here. Yes there are members that seems to get into the good books of the mod but remember the mods were once fellow normal forummers who had been here and clicked well within some circles and the friendship remains eventhough they have become a mod.

I have been a member here since 09 and not once have i received a yellow (maybe 1 day i will kana ban...hahaha). The rules can be bent but not broken. Stay away from personal insults, offensive words (foul language in jest is okay), religious and racial slurs and all should be fine. We agree to disagree and nothing beyond that. If all fails can jio the other fella for a race and we all will eat popcorn and be spectators as what happened some yrs back.

Frankly speaking i have never met a single member here not even a mod.....one jio me to go out with them but the place was a bit atas and the company was also atas....so i took a raincheque and the mod went missing for so many yrs liao after that.

We are all here because of cars and vehicles, learnt a thing or 2, joke here and there but this here is just another forum and at the end of the day we go back home sleep and regurtitate what happened yesterday. No right no wrong.....no need to fight over the trifle stuff, be happy over the holidays and drive safe.

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 4

Case in point.

I was searching for the chiropractor thread.

I searched in the following sequence, with zero search results

a) "Chiropracter" 

Checked google for spelling

b) "Chiropractor"

No results ...

hantam whacked

c) "chiro"

-> got result. 

This is after spending like 30 seconds thinking of possible permutations after doing step B.

Ends up the thread was "chiropractic". i mean this search engine is just ...

• Praise 1

but I think nachtsider is not really a troll...

don't think he is very racist too...

there is racism in everybody......i also racist as i belong to the human race! Apart from human race the others are all animals and vegetations....

Here much better than the rojak HWZ lah. That place like no moderator one. I only go there when really really bored and the rare occasions where i need technical information of gadgets, or wanna sell gadgets.

Good to have some sane level of mod here. The merger of threads is indeed a little over-enthusiastic, but it's obviously not an easy job and since i have no better alternatives/suggestions, will live with that.

Keep it up.

• Praise 3

Here much better than the rojak HWZ lah. That place like no moderator one. I only go there when really really bored and the rare occasions where i need technical information of gadgets, or wanna sell gadgets.

Good to have some sane level of mod here. The merger of threads is indeed a little over-enthusiastic, but it's obviously not an easy job and since i have no better alternatives/suggestions, will live with that.

Keep it up.

but HWZ is funny...it provides entertainment.

here only provide serious information...no more talk cock sing song....

Edited by Blacksnow

I have been a lurker for a long time...

I have noticed the number of new members have decreased significantly.

last time use to have many members talk cock, fighting etc....

now every thread also the same few members talking.

everyone praising one another...

everyone agreeing with one another..

you go and count...really same old few members...no diversity anymore

no longer a forum anymore...more like a chit chat place for those few members

Edited by Blacksnow
  • Praise 8

That's definitely true. But the younger generation all use reddit at most. 

EDMW attracts a lot of si ginah mostly.

Forums are mainly for people of our generation who are still used to message boards/forums from the 90s, early 2000s.

The new members are all people who come here looking for info on buying cars, hence u see most new members in COE/K3/Vezel/Elantra etc etc threads.

Frankly, we are going the way of the dodo haha  [laugh]

All getting a bit on years here, so we tend to like status quo.

Reddit is a global phenomenon. So it has much more pull than MCF.

here no racist. only got full cash or not.

CASHIST.

this is true mostly in the Lite & eazy threads, but in the technical, COE, and specific car make threads, many new members are posting there.

↡ Advertisement