A reason why MCF is strict in enforcing rules

RadX

I have been a lurker for a long time...

I have noticed the number of new members have decreased significantly.

last time use to have many members talk cock, fighting etc....

now every thread also the same few members talking.

everyone praising one another...

everyone agreeing with one another..

you go and count...really same old few members...no diversity anymore

no longer a forum anymore...more like a chit chat place for those few members

Actually there are many new and old members in this forum. The key is interest. you go coe threads i see many nicks who doesnt posts in other threads. You go tiko ones you see many nicks that will be found in all the interesting and happening threads. You go ns threads you will see mostly Singaporeans and some who try to blend in. You go property and investments threads you can see all the elites and pay cash kings.......

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

this is true mostly in the Lite & eazy threads, but in the technical, COE, and specific car make threads, many new members are posting there.

let's face it. Only some of us so boh liao, everyday TCSS in these Lite & Eazy threads  [laugh]

Out of my friends, I'm probably the only one so boh liao, everyday spend time in forum TCSS  [lipsrsealed]

Most pple just come to a forum for specific purposes.Once objective obtain, then F off liao.

Like me, when i visit renotalk. 

I estimate at least 80-90% of my friends, think of pple in forums as being silly/waste time  [laugh]

Edited by Lala81

last time got sabbie, darryn, driftking, happy86, rubberstamp, MO, picante, leepee,etc etc

how come you mentioned mostly trolls?

:D

Internal Moderator

Personally, i like the strict rules enforced on religion, personal attack, but for the merging of threads, i felt sometimes it is a little over done. 

After merging, sometimes, the original intent of the thread is not related anymore. 

Thanks 

We'll take note of this!

But it's not an easy task.

Look at the Singapore Reckless Drivers thread for example. This was started due to the SRD FB Page. It makes sense to compile videos into one thread to avoid spamming.

Then again you have high profile accident cases such as the recent Mercedes AYE. The dilemma here is to open a new thread for discussion or to continue posting inside one of the accident threads?

This topic is hidden inside the SRD thread. I understand that some users (could be new users and are unsure of SRD thread) may come into MCF looking for the Mercedes accident thread but don't see any on it and unable to garner any results when they search. So while this topic could already be actively discussed inside one of the accident threads, new users may not be aware of it. And hence on a whole, MCF looks to be having only the same few threads all the time.

We'll look into this again and we'll see how we can work improve the quality of threads and moderation works.

Thanks for all your inputs!

That aside, I would like to thank @radx, @jman888 and all the other mods for your dedication to MCF over the years!

• Praise 5

let's face it. Only some of us so boh liao, everyday TCSS in these Lite & Eazy threads  [laugh]

Out of my friends, I'm probably the only one so boh liao, everyday spend time in forum TCSS  [lipsrsealed]

Most pple just come to a forum for specific purposes.Once objective obtain, then F off liao.

Like me, when i visit renotalk. 

I estimate at least 80-90% of my friends, think of pple in forums as being silly/waste time  [laugh]

i am the lowest form of being at work.....so i got many minutes to spare.....hahaha! You different......talk to patient while surfing mcf and just need to talk professionally with them about diagnosis and prognosis of their xonditions and they are non the wiser.... [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

We'll take note of this!

Look at the Singapore Reckless Drivers thread for example. This was started due to the SRD FB Page. It makes sense to compile videos into one thread to avoid spamming.

Then again you have high profile accident cases such as the recent Mercedes AYE. The dilemma here is to open a new thread for discussion or to continue posting inside one of the accident threads?

This topic is hidden inside the SRD thread. I understand that some users (could be new users and are unsure of SRD thread) may come into MCF looking for the Mercedes accident thread but don't see any on it and unable to garner any results when they search. So while this topic could already be actively discussed inside one of the accident threads, new users may not be aware of it. And hence on a whole, MCF looks to be having only the same few threads all the time.

We'll look into this again and we'll see how we can work improve the quality of threads and moderation works.

That aside, I would like to thank @radx, @jman888 and all the other mods for your dedication to MCF over the years!

wah...bb so accomodating and diplomatic

unlike that undertaker mod...always cb here and cb there

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

When I think of RadX I think of Batman.

"He's the hero MCF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight." 

Hahaha.

• Praise 2

Actually there are many new and old members in this forum. The key is interest. you go coe threads i see many nicks who doesnt posts in other threads. You go tiko ones you see many nicks that will be found in all the interesting and happening threads. You go ns threads you will see mostly Singaporeans and some who try to blend in. You go property and investments threads you can see all the elites and pay cash kings.......

Different groups will attract different members :)

A single member won't be able to know everything and participate in all threads ... unless its the Mod :D

• Praise 1

Different groups will attract different members :)

A single member won't be able to know everything and participate in all threads ... unless its the Mod :D

That owls got big eyes hor...his neck also can rotate nearly 360 degress without even turning his body...... [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed]

I have been a lurker for a long time...

I have noticed the number of new members have decreased significantly.

last time use to have many members talk cock, fighting etc....

now every thread also the same few members talking.

everyone praising one another...

everyone agreeing with one another..

you go and count...really same old few members...no diversity anymore

no longer a forum anymore...more like a chit chat place for those few members

I just praise you.. waiting waiting..
  • Praise 1

Read already also songz hor.

Later lunch eat economic rice also taste like summer pavilion.

"He's the hero MCF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."

Hahaha.

Waaaa din know u poet too lol

You are around cos u provide entertainment

Else @pinobii lonely haaaaa

• Praise 1

We'll take note of this!

Hi BB,

Fully understood and i believe most of us here would be patient and understanding enough to let the mods work things out. 

• Praise 3

Hahaha.

So romantic
  • Praise 3

Waaaa din know u poet too lol

You are around cos u provide entertainment

Else @pinobii lonely haaaaa

roast goose ai Jiak mai? :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1