Nike will not be supplying to mom-and-pop stores

Jman888

Guess Nike, Adidas, UA etc all similar business model, need to have famous people wearing their stuff for publicity.

btw, H&M also has sports apparel. I have been using swim shorts from H&M. $20.

Running apparel mainly Adidas, bought from Adidas factory outlet at Chinatown Point when they first opened and had promotion discounts.

Individual preference, I suppose, I just buy whatever is cheap and nice. My friend buys exercise tops for himself and family from TYR when they have warehouse sale. 

Edited by Blueray

I glued my kid's shoe that day. But one drop off again zzz.

i have tried contact cement (glue) for my NB shoes. The sole became a bit stiff and doesnt last long even for non-sports activities.

You didn't follow strictly to the guide using contact cement is it?

i tried to

a) clean off as best i can then let it air dry

b) apply the adhesive that i bought

c) Allow it to dry 15mins 

d) Put them back together

Any steps i missed?

Guess Nike, Adidas, UA etc all similar business model, need to have famous people wearing their stuff for publicity.

btw, H&M also has sports apparel. I have been using swim shorts from H&M. $20.

Running apparel mainly Adidas, bought from Adidas factory outlet at Chinatown Point when they first opened and had promotion discounts.

Individual preference, I suppose, I just buy whatever is cheap and nice. My friend buys exercise tops for himself and family from TYR when they have warehouse sale. 

big market in china and they dun really wear it for exercise, mostly for fashion  :D  

can see the whole street wearing Nike or Adidas from head to toe   [laugh]  [laugh]

big market in china and they dun really wear it for exercise, mostly for fashion  :D

can see the whole street wearing Nike or Adidas from head to toe   [laugh]  [laugh]

haha, like the Adidas ape sneakers ?  [:p]

Sales boosted in the last 1-2 years cos the chinese officials crackdown on conspicious consumption.

So standard luxury items like gucci/LV/Chanel/Hermes sales dropped.

But these PRC somehow still must showoff their wealth [lipsrsealed] (just like our prediliction for conti cars).

So expensive sneakers and streetwear became the in-thing. Over a couple of months, sales of high end nike and adidas sneakers and streetwear exploded.

It will probably drop off in the next 1-2 years again.

I also wear Asics for running, but price also getting more and more ex.

Asics price went up one round last year or year before I think.

But now the store at Paragon sometimes has discounts on past season models, sometimes up to 50%. Was there a few weeks back, past season Kayano (22 I think) now 30% off. My friend bought a pair of Asics there at 50% off few months back, cannot remember its Nimbus or Cumulus. 

spread evenly and thinly on both surface and wait for 10 minutes.....ððð

Did you clean both surfaces before applying the glue? best is use water first to remove dirt and then alcohol or spirit for the harder contaminant. I usually wait for 25mins for the glue to set in. And it is one go.

And always use fresh glue. Those opened before and kept of some time loses it fluidity and it's wetting property.

also clean any excess glue around, as those exposed to air will lao hong, and leads to degradation within the bond if they are still linked.

Bond will be strong once pressed. It suppose to be flexible, not stiff.

Pls la, shoes to last max 6 mths!

After that the support lao Hong nia! When I buy online I get the end season models and are 50% off so have never bought from sg.

No affect me at all here as I import my stuff direct fr usa

lao hong ?

then you should buy Reebok pump to pump back the hong.

last time Michael Chang advertise that model.

[:p]

i tried to

a) clean off as best i can then let it air dry

b) apply the adhesive that i bought

c) Allow it to dry 15mins

d) Put them back together

Any steps i missed?

Seems ok, except clean off excess. Maybe change the brand of your glue. haha. try kangaroo or tiger brand but they are usually available at 5 gold store. Normal abc or homefix don't carry them.

Asics price went up one round last year or year before I think.

But now the store at Paragon sometimes has discounts on past season models, sometimes up to 50%. Was there a few weeks back, past season Kayano (22 I think) now 30% off. My friend bought a pair of Asics there at 50% off few months back, cannot remember its Nimbus or Cumulus. 

asics stuff is very expensive lah.

I wanted to buy last time when i was in NS the 2nd time round. But can't really stomach the price then.

If nike/adidas was around 120, they were asking for 170  [:|]

Seems ok, except clean off excess. Maybe change the brand of your glue. haha. try kangaroo or tiger brand but they are usually available at 5 gold store. Normal abc or homefix don't carry them.

i bought from the wu jing dian opposite my house. Uncle say that one best for shoe liao.

I go find another wu jing dian to find. Thanks...

This one is kid shoes, so the bottom is bit of the fake leather, so i don't want to use too strong thing to clean, though i used some alcohol wipes.

Edited by Lala81

Did you clean both surfaces before applying the glue? best is use water first to remove dirt and then alcohol or spirit for the harder contaminant. I usually wait for 25mins for the glue to set in. And it is one go.

And always use fresh glue. Those opened before and kept of some time loses it fluidity and it's wetting property.

also clean any excess glue around, as those exposed to air will lao hong, and leads to degradation within the bond if they are still linked.

Bond will be strong once pressed. It suppose to be flexible, not stiff.

yes...but not 100% clean. Just can say this glue is never the same as the original. I have used the glue for ladies shoes...it works well but when it comes to sneakers and running shoes its just not the same.

I wanted to buy last time when i was in NS the 2nd time round. But can't really stomach the price then.

If nike/adidas was around 120, they were asking for 170  [:|]

Yes, their RRP is high.

So have to wait for discounts at the store or go places like Catalogs and Running Lab. So far I managed to get Asics at 50% for past season. 

If nike/adidas was around 120, they were asking for 170 [:|]

i bought from the wu jing dian opposite my house. Uncle say that one best for shoe liao.

I go find another wu jing dian to find. Thanks...

This one is kid shoes, so the bottom is bit of the fake leather, so i don't want to use too strong thing to clean, though i used some alcohol wipes.

Bought 2 pairs of asics but the shape of their shoes does not fit my feet too well, one better than another

Nike is a better fit so have been sticking to it

↡ Advertisement