Nike will not be supplying to mom-and-pop stores

Jman888

Yes, their RRP is high.

So have to wait for discounts at the store or go places like Catalogs and Running Lab. So far I managed to get Asics at 50% for past season. 

Tough times for salam and sons.

I've bought before from them.

Always one of the best prices available at Queensway.

↡ Advertisement

Bought 2 pairs of asics but the shape of their shoes does not fit my feet too well, one better than another

Nike is a better fit so have been sticking to it

yeah shoes is one of the things, good to try in the shop.

That's why queensway is still around.

Especially if you have wider feet, or have a large bony/fleshymidfoot, can be hard to find shoes.

My wife has hallux valgus, so she only wears cloth shoes.

Luckily skechers has saved the day for her. Before skechers came along, she had difficulty getting fitting shoes.

But since she don't have to wear work shoes anymore, that helps a lot.

Bought 2 pairs of asics but the shape of their shoes does not fit my feet too well, one better than another

Nike is a better fit so have been sticking to it

do you wear the normal socks or the dri fit ones ?

if wear the normal ones, they are thicker and probably cushions better.

dri-fit ones are pretty thin and better to pair with shoes with better support and cushioning.

alternatively, post a picture of your feet here and we help you recommend.  [scholar]

Edited by Blueray

do you wear the normal socks or the dri fit ones ?

if wear the normal ones, they are thicker and probably cushions better.

dri-fit ones are pretty thin and better to pair with shoes with better support and cushioning.

alternatively, post a picture of your feet here and we help you recommend. [scholar]

Become shoe salesman like Al Bundy.. haha
  • Praise 1

Pls la, shoes to last max 6 mths!

After that the support lao Hong nia! When I buy online I get the end season models and are 50% off so have never bought from sg.

No affect me at all here as I import my stuff direct fr usa

6 months?

You must be wearing them everyday.  I run twice a week on my Asics and typically it lasts me around 1.5 years.  The shoes are still good but the cushioning are more than 50% gone by then. Nike don't last that long from my experience.   

Any good overseas online sites to recommend?  

Residue glue must be removed cleanly or else you are just sticking new glue to old glue. This part is quite a bit of hard work most people just chin chai including myself.

US retail shops got all sizes half sizes wide sizes, unlike local SG shops. Power of consumer right groups and economies of scale.

An american shop = a warehouse for us. 

When they refer to a warehouse = an entire JTC factory estate lol

6 months?

You must be wearing them everyday. I run twice a week on my Asics and typically it lasts me around 1.5 years. The shoes are still good but the cushioning are more than 50% gone by then. Nike don't last that long from my experience.

Any good overseas online sites to recommend?

Tennis bro! Wear n tear for such is normal considering the forces enacted on the feet

Asics price went up one round last year or year before I think.

But now the store at Paragon sometimes has discounts on past season models, sometimes up to 50%. Was there a few weeks back, past season Kayano (22 I think) now 30% off. My friend bought a pair of Asics there at 50% off few months back, cannot remember its Nimbus or Cumulus. 

I am looking at Nimbus, price is really high now.

Saw the Nimbus 18 got 40% discount at Vivo store, but according to the sale person, is old stock. So don't dare to buy as worry the glue will open.

don't talk about emart credits lah.

This stupid ass frontier boots, the soles all disintegrating. I've used up my future credits cos they only allow exchange if your boots are 2 years old.

I bought in 2013, now 2016 ICT the sole dropped off.

Each time change is 70+ credits

basket... mine wear only 2 weeks. keep one year, take out and the sole break into 1000 pieces..

no exchange given.

KNN..

what a scam

basket... mine wear only 2 weeks. keep one year, take out and the sole break into 1000 pieces..

no exchange given.

KNN..

what a scam

lol parts of the soles can be seen along the road and floor during my ICT.

big market in china and they dun really wear it for exercise, mostly for fashion  :D

can see the whole street wearing Nike or Adidas from head to toe   [laugh]  [laugh]

It's becoming more of the same here and this could very well be the reason why those smaller shops in Queensway are dying. Gone are the days when we would automatically think of going there to look for a pair of simple running shoe. Now the kids want the limited stuff like adidas NMDs and Nike Air Jordans, and these releases are only going to the Tier 1 shops like Weston (they own multiple stores in Queensway, not to mention the many Limited Edt shops in malls) and Sports Link (they've been aggressively expanding their concept basketball store Hoops Factory).

Even the Jay Gee group tried to cash in on the limited release thing through securing top tier status with Nike and opened up a store at Bugis+, Young consumers would rather shop at these boutique stores and these are all run by big players, who have to take in a certain sizeable amount of stock every month just to retain their top tier status, regardless of whether they can sell off the shoes to customers or not. If the shoes are not sold, these big boys can simply place them in their outlet stores at discounted rates. The smaller shops do not have the money or infrastructure to do this, that's why you will tend to see the same pair of shoes from 8 years ago still in the shop selling at the same price. 

no exchange given.

KNN..

what a scam

shoes all like that wan used liao must keep wearing at least once a week or month. My Harley boots and my badminton shoes all had the same problems. Seldom used especially my Harleys....looked brand new after the 5th yr but kns the sole came apart at the glued area.....$180 bucks but still came apart. Lucky can send for stitches at shoe doctor.

lol parts of the soles can be seen along the road and floor during my ICT.

yes.. very funny... every one will have soles all over the place.

that time I just bought they don't give exchange. some people one can exchange, others cannot.

like got triangle one can.

I just did my ICT. still have soles falling off in the parade square and road side. lol

shoes all like that wan used liao must keep wearing at least once a week or month. My Harley boots and my badminton shoes all had the same problems. Seldom used especially my Harleys....looked brand new after the 5th yr but kns the sole came apart at the glued area.....$180 bucks but still came apart. Lucky can send for stitches at shoe doctor.

ya.. I bought a red wing boots.. knn.. sole chwee after a year keep inside....

dun wear often. but once a while like stylo milo wear wear... then sole fall off... very malu..

I very scared buy boots now.

yes.. very funny... every one will have soles all over the place.

that time I just bought they don't give exchange. some people one can exchange, others cannot.

like got triangle one can.

I just did my ICT. still have soles falling off in the parade square and road side. lol

ya.. I bought a red wing boots.. knn.. sole chwee after a year keep inside....

dun wear often. but once a while like stylo milo wear wear... then sole fall off... very malu..

I very scared buy boots now.

same same.....my Harleys looks so cool....sometime when i wear i can see people ogling at it....so sayang. Keep so long sakali wear once the sole came out as i was walking in Orchard....malu siak!

post-60339-0-36383200-1482302139_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eviilusion

You buy new model, too early to lao hong.

I don't buy new model.  I buy EOL model from US of A.

I usually buy 2 pair at once.  Even after i keep 6 mths, still no issue le.

I don't buy new model. I buy EOL model from US of A.

I usually buy 2 pair at once. Even after i keep 6 mths, still no issue le.

Same ...

Same ...

Most of the time, sneaker product is no more than 12 mths.  Lelong will start on the 10th or 11th month.

Should be still in good condition right?

Most of the time, sneaker product is no more than 12 mths. Lelong will start on the 10th or 11th month.

Should be still in good condition right?

Yes. Should be ok but beyond 1.5 yrs in our climate the rubber glue will give way

Once u start using, you season the rubber then it will be ok

↡ Advertisement