Croatia Dec 2016

Wind30

Turbocharged
(edited)

Finally managed to complete editing the pics. Posted below. Comments are welcomed. This time round we took it easier because of my wife's leg, canceled the Bosnian detour. 

The places we went are, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Lubjlana, Zagreb, Plitvice lake, Dubronvik, Zadar, Postjna, Trieste, Lake Bled. 

Pics Link

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

Nice pics. What is the cost like? Airtics? Accomodations? Meals?

You tickled my interest.

Slovenia and Croatia is cheap in winter. Like 200euros and below for apartment for family of 4. Food we buy and cook in apartment. cheap. 

Airtickets we book long in adv so 1.2k each by SQ. 

My friend travelled extensively within Europe when he was studying in UK for his masters 2 years back.

He always recommend us to go croatia, as being best bang for buck European country to visit  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

A bit of background info for the people here who are thinking of planning something similar.

I flew into Munich. Took train to Innsbruck. Train is really cheap if you book EARLY online. All my train tickets are booked online. 

Innsbruck was cloudy so never see much mountains. Also lost my ipad, lucky AXA travel insurance allow me to claim everything. Just need to provide proof which you get in innsbruck city office.

Then I took train to Salzburg which has quite a lot of mountains too.

Then I took train to Ljubljana which is a SLOW train... but scenic. Ljubljana is very beautiful and I stayed in old town apartments which is pretty convenient. The cakes there were REALLY good and cheap. Plus other food were cheap too. 

I rented the car there in Ljubljana and started driving from there. Drove to Zagreb. Zagreb got nothing much really. Then drove to plitvice lake for one night stay. Stopped by at the Arena shopping center. nothing much to buy. Plitvice lake did not have much time plus bad weather so did not see much.

Then was drive to Dubrovnik, had to detour because the expressway was closed. Dubrovnik is so so. Too tired to climb city walls... got dog attack my two year old.... Stayed in Radisson Blue resort which is HUGE (hundreds of rooms) but only have like 10 guest in winter... 

Then Drive to Zadar for one night. Quite a nice city center. Cheap accomodations.

Then Postjna for one night to visit the caves. Then Trieste in Italy cuz we want to step into italy for pizza. Then one more night in Lake bled and lucky with the beautiful sunset. Everywhere is pretty quiet in winter.

Then TRain back to munich to buy our Rimowa luggage back to replace the samsonite which cracked mid trip. 

No problem with Language whatsoever. English or sign language seems to work for almost everywhere.

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

the postjna cave in Slovenia is THE CAVE to go if you have a broken foot. There is a train ride through the cave complex. The walking part is all on PAVED artificial floor.no stairs I think which is amazing. 

The Lake Bled hotel we stayed was horribly old.... supposed to be a historical building but it is too old. 

I bet it was indeed a wonderful trip in Croatia/ Austria with your family, amazing scenario and landscape too, I can imagine how nice it can be at night.

I visited Austria in Aug/16,  ( biz trip  )

The picture you took just like post card. :grin: ( Yeah I love Abba song serenading each moment ) Can only dream I stay longer, Thx for sharing bro

↡ Advertisement