COE Bidding – 1st Round of Jan 2017

Hachi

You are more optimistic(you meant to suggest low 40k?) than me. I only dare to guess mid 40k.

with the current economy, where coe is heading will be given. as how fast it will come down depends on a few factors. those GCOE that will take 3 months to clear. as dealer, i will definitely want to close all these committed deals.

once these dry up, you will see the clear picture. to me, all these talk of uber and grab will die off soon. will they survive competing with taxi is another question. if taxi folds up, there will be plenty of coe hahaha

↡ Advertisement

I am sorry to say/predict that ppl who are directed paid or indirected paid by our government will receive less bonus for 2017 due to decline in COE revenue.

What you mentioned also very true. Who will buy car these two weeks when they should had bought it last two weeks ago when AD slashed their prices. Plus they won't be able to get it for CNY

It seems that most AD are holding their prices or giving more incentives despite increase in COE based on advertisements in papers this weekend... looks like they are targetting to achieve their quotas for year end...

It seems that most AD are holding their prices or giving more incentives despite increase in COE based on advertisements in papers this weekend... looks like they are targetting to achieve their quotas for year end...

Give more incentive now and bid COE in Jan 2017, hoping to achieve quota by year end 2016 ? I am unable to understand the logics. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Give more incentive now and bid COE in Jan 2017, hoping to achieve quota by year end 2016 ? I am unable to understand the logics.

I think maybe more for clearing old stocks. New facelifts coming in e.g. Nissan pulsar. Altis facelift.

• Praise 1

Didn't see this coming cos COE went up n they had already cut prices when it went down the previous bid so certainly surprising they cut prices again. Good news for those who haven't buy then!

Current pre FL mazda 3 prices are cut cos they need to move ex stock to make way for Mazda 3 FL models.

• Praise 1

Didn't see this coming cos COE went up n they had already cut prices when it went down the previous bid so certainly surprising they cut prices again. Good news for those who haven't buy then!

Very simple, I like to use data and some said i live in denial. I use reasoning so I think I am a "reasonable " person instead. haha.  I need to highlight that  am just looking at only CAT A, the same argument is not applicable to CAT B because last CAT B has a big swing over the last two rounds that trending is not applicable.  

Lets look at number of unsuccessful bids for CAT A over the last few months. 

1. Oct month trend down indicating a drop in booking 

2. Unsuccessful bids in Nov 1st did not increase substantially despite after a carshow, indicating a weak demand. 

3. Unsuccessful bids in Nov 2nd and Dec 1st bids continue to decline, indicating the much anticipated year end rush, new year buying, big bonus did not happen. Again, the one indication i see is weakening booking, and therefore.... ? demand. 

4. Despite the price cut by most dealers before last bid, CAT A bookings was not very encouraging by looking at the unsuccessful bids.

Month      1st round                                 2nd round

Oct             957                                          563

Nov            871(after car show)                690

Dec            523                                          711(after minor price reduction by most dealers)Number of unsuccessful bids

So it is not difficult to understand  why dealers are holding,  cutting price to attract more booking. CAT A  looks weakening if U and G companies could leave CAT A alone. 

Edited by Ct3833

Current pre FL mazda 3 prices are cut cos they need to move ex stock to make way for Mazda 3 FL models.

Ok tks! So they not selling the faclifted Mz3 yet?

• Praise 4

Good deal.. is it a demo unit or new?

Colors?

Should be new ba.

Christmas promo. Deluxe model some more.

Those who bought last wk must be squeezing bxxxs now.

• Praise 1

They r selling. Think 5k more

Tks bro! Think the new version got the vectoring control but other than that think better to save $5k n get the pre facelift version I feel.

• Praise 7

Give more incentive now and bid COE in Jan 2017, hoping to achieve quota by year end 2016 ? I am unable to understand the logics.

I'm assuming AD needs to meet quota from manufacturer. As long as they close sale before end 2016 they can meet quota for principal. Bidding for COE is an issue only for buyer whether it take 1 bid or 6 bids...  I am referring to guaranteed COE cases of course.

• Praise 2