• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic | 35 praises

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone trained in either or both? wanna hear ur feedback.

nowadays alot of siao lang, better to learn some skills to fight in case i kena some idiots in malaysia or above.

or any AMDK in Singapore. lol

--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

nowadays alot of siao lang, better to learn some skills to fight in case i kena some idiots in malaysia or above.

I have a fren who is into Krav Maga training.  If you need trainer, i can intro him to you.

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:04 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have a fren who is into Krav Maga training. If you need trainer, i can intro him to you.

Thanks! Is he a trainer?
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks! Is he a trainer?

He is.

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If i kena confronted by siao lang, tink I rather do this instead: 

[laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Attached Thumbnails

• gallery-1471265537-gettyimages-589521390.jpg

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:13 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I heard that you are lao kok kok, u sure can run like that?? :XD:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

To make the siao lang run away from you after you take off all your clothes like in the YouTube video about THE BEST self defence?

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:08 AM

Hydrocarbon
  • Hydrocarbon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The best defense is quick speed (to run away)!

That's why so many car manufacturers post their 0-62mph timing.

It's not actually for racing, but how fast you can run away from siao lang if they decide to attack you.

Hahaha..

Jamesc and Tianmo praised this
吃别人所不能吃的苦,忍别人所不能忍的气,做别人所不能做的事,
就能享受别人所不能享受的一切.

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I think the chances of getting mugged is higher than meeting a siao lang.

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I heard that you are lao kok kok, u sure can run like that?? :XD:

I learn from SGSecure wan

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1601.JPG

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:38 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I learn from SGSecure wan

2 thumbs up

Can't praise now

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

D3badge
  • D3badge
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Jack I did Krav Maga before in fight work Asia in MacPherson many many years ago...... frankly speaking I dun find that effect in real life situations, cause mainly just drill on technique and mock up street fight situations.

Now I have been doing Muay Thai for 3 years at evolve mma and I find it more practical and effective in real life! reason? Cause once you reach lvl 2 in Muay Thai, you are allowed to attend their sparring classes and spar with different gym members! Thus there are diversity too as different people different skill, fitness, IQ, size etc.

It is during the sparring class you Horne your reaction and technique you learn during normal Muay Thai session into good use, condition your muscle memory and your fight IQ.

To up one more level, you can go for the amateur fight team selection and they will further train you for amateur fight!

In short you need real experience be it from sparring or amateur fight to build your confidence to apply your knowledge. From my personal experience. ✌🏼

Edited by D3badge, 05 January 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Theoldjaffa praised this

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:24 PM

Teckmeister
  • Teckmeister
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Sometimes you can run. But sometimes you can't.  [;)]

When you can't run, you gotta depend on your Krav Maga skills. 

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

Cthulhu
  • Cthulhu
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi, if you are looking into training KM or any self defense, in your very first class, if the instructor teaches you the correct way to stand (i.e. correct boxing or Muay Thai stance) to counter an aggressor, you know that it's a FAKE self defense class. Please take note of this.

As far as I know, there's only one true Krav Maga strain in Singapore (direct lineage to Imre Lichtenfeld, god bless his soul) but they are no longer teaching. All others that I know, are improvision from martial arts and are NOT true tactical self defense (martial art do not equate civilian self defense, esp against weapons).

Cheers.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity... and it was not meant that we should voyage far." HPL, 1890-1937

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi, if you are looking into training KM or any self defense, in your very first class, if the instructor teaches you the correct way to stand (i.e. correct boxing or Muay Thai stance) to counter an aggressor, you know that it's a FAKE self defense class. Please take note of this.

As far as I know, there's only one true Krav Maga strain in Singapore (direct lineage to Imre Lichtenfeld, god bless his soul) but they are no longer teaching. All others that I know, are improvision from martial arts and are NOT true tactical self defense (martial art do not equate civilian self defense, esp against weapons).

Cheers.

Can share which is the one true Krav Maga gym in SG?

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:58 PM

Cthulhu
  • Cthulhu
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Can share which is the one true Krav Maga gym in SG?

The gym has long since gone defunct. Sorry.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity... and it was not meant that we should voyage far." HPL, 1890-1937

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i always tot fighting with Wife is the best practice .........   :scared:

樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: self defence, krav maga, systema and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users