Recommend me hotel in Singapore, near MRT (~ $120)

Beng2

Dear All,

Wife's relatives are flying to Singapore next week for about 4 nights' stay (husband and wife). Wife volunteered to find hotel for them, which means I am doing the work.

Budget about $100-$120 per night. Walking distance to MRT station - very important, or I might be volunteered to be their driver. And they are going to take the train to airport for the flight back.

When it comes to hotels in Singapore, I am stumped as I cannot remember the last time I stayed in a hotel in Singapore. Geylang area is out for obvious reasons. Are the budget hotels in Chinatown ok? Or those at Bencoolen area OK? Saw a V Hotel Bencoolen which has quite good review in Agoda.

Tenkiu...

↡ Advertisement

Dear All,

Wife's relatives are flying to Singapore next week for about 4 nights' stay (husband and wife). Wife volunteered to find hotel for them, which means I am doing the work.

Budget about $100-$120 per night. Walking distance to MRT station - very important, or I might be volunteered to be their driver. And they are going to take the train to airport for the flight back.

When it comes to hotels in Singapore, I am stumped as I cannot remember the last time I stayed in a hotel in Singapore. Geylang area is out for obvious reasons. Are the budget hotels in Chinatown ok? Or those at Bencoolen area OK? Saw a V Hotel Bencoolen which has quite good review in Agoda.

Tenkiu...

http://www.hotel81.com.sg/

Chinatown one next to Chinatown mrt

Less than $100

Good clean decent

• Praise 1

Come to Beach Road, in between Golden Mile Tower and Complex, Premier Inn.

- Near to Nicoll Highway MRT.

- Opposite "Army Market"

- Next door to "Little Thailand"

But lack of shopping mall, nearest is Bugis Junction.

post-2654-0-08577000-1458267471_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Yeah, V hotel Lavender.

Lavender MRT downstairs NS line to airport.

kopitiam downstairs.

ICA across the road, in case they want to extend their stay.

Very convenient.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Doresett opp Outram MRT and Tua Kow Chu? Not sure how cheap... but looks pretty new. Pretty convenient... just walk down Cow Car Water for festive atmosphere till City Hall, then take MRT back. :D

Hotel Re at Pearl's Hill... claimed to be boutique hotel, but last time my company used to place seamen for crew change there.

But 120 very difficult to get hotels in SG liao, even for H81 at Chinatown, it's smelly smelly 180/night if am not wrong. Sometimes, full house also. Yup, have overseas guest who hero never book in advance, end up staying at my house.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Maybe can look for hotels located around Lavender MRT area, as i always see many tourists alighting at this station with languages.

Turbocharged

They might not like you after staying there. These cheap hotels have really tiny rooms. Have to tiptoe around the beds. Only for sleeping. Sg really needs to loosen up on airbnb to attract more family tourists.

• Praise 1

lavender MRT nearby

boss hotel

V hotel

nearby balestier also some hotels there if do some searching

but i think have to check promos...$120 a lil tight

lavender MRT nearby

boss hotel

V hotel

nearby balestier also some hotels there if do some searching

but i think have to check promos...$120 a lil tight

Maybe hotel 81 or fragance hotel can meet $120 budget?

• Praise 1

Maybe hotel 81 or fragance hotel can meet $120 budget?

ya...and the hotel throw in "surround sound stereo system"  :XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2