New car recommendations

Wind30

Yesterday advert for Altis in the ST, think it's a good price with 5 years free servicing.

Altis elegance for less than $100k with free 5 years warranty and 5 years free servicing with free petrol and shopping vouchers.. Don't need to look elsewhere. Edited by Ivan_06
↡ Advertisement

Clearing stock to welcome the facelift model ..

good price. My in laws paid 110k..

Altis got new facelift again? Will the design finally become more modern instead of looking like it's stuck in the 2000s?

Turbocharged

Looks like TS has picked the Corolla in his heart :)

Good price, reputation of reliability and cheap service.

Just sacrifice safety features but only the wish does better on that.

Good car.

actually I was thinking honda city. Cheaper. I put as no 1 choice.... but after you calculate the CEVS effect on PARF, and the altis extra servicing, I think it is only cheaper by 1-2k. 

everyone here say Altis

Altis got new facelift again? Will the design finally become more modern instead of looking like it's stuck in the 2000s?

The exterior will largely remain the same.

But the safety suite will go up. Of course cost conscious buyers can opt for the budget and less safe versions I suspect.

I actually think the current iteration looks pretty nice just that BM cut out a lot of the important features.

Turbocharged
(edited)

The exterior will largely remain the same.

But the safety suite will go up. Of course cost conscious buyers can opt for the budget and less safe versions I suspect.

I actually think the current iteration looks pretty nice just that BM cut out a lot of the important features.

important features? Like the 2 airbags? anything else?

If I can put the budget at 120-130k, is there any other good deals now?

I am early forties. My first car was a Nissan cefiro, then I bought a 2nd car Nissan Slyphy for my wife. Sold off the cefiro when we bought a new place a few years back.

Wondering if I should buy a more Ëxpensive car while I am still errr... young?

Edited by Wind30

I am early forties. My first car was a Nissan cefiro, then I bought a 2nd car Nissan Slyphy for my wife. Sold off the cefiro when we bought a new place a few years back.

The Merc A-class is in the 120-130 price bracklet 

• Praise 1

This promo is for the current model. The 2017 model likely to come soon.

If cannot clear stock for current model, just sell to LCR...haha.
  • Praise 1

Wondering if I should buy a more Ãxpensive car while I am still errr... young?

Dude. I would recommend the camry cos currently its about 140k for the 2.5L (my boss just bought 1) that comes with 5 years warranty + 5 years free svc. Can consider. His picnic is abt 9 years then looking to change then end up gt the camry. I sat in his car ytd, its pretty good and spacious

came back from the show room.

Shorlisted cars

1) Honda city 92.1k. 1 year free service. rebate 46k +1k for guaranteed Coe,

2) Honda Mobilo. $99.5k. 1 year free service. rebate 39k +3k for guaranteed COE,

3) Toyota Alits elegance. $100k. 5 year free service. Guaranteed COE. rebate $43k

4) Toyota wish $118k. rebate 48k. no much freebies

The toyota wish is significantly more expensive.

Mobilo interior look like a car made in the early 90s..

Is a car for developing market like Indonesia, Thailand etc...

And the Altis, city safety features are so poor.

I will rather get a Korea K3 or Elantra that havery Europe spec safety feature.

Edited by Tohto

Go Kah Motor get HRV , just $4k more but better option inside car, made in Japan , peace of mind in case recall, better warranty than PI this one confirm.

Eg. I used to own a CRV in 2007, close to 3 years my HID light turn purple went to Kah motor. As car under 3 years warranty then no question ask they just change the bulb which cost abt $320. I dun think any PI will do this.

Lastly I not sure Honda give free servicing for 1st 3 years, if it does the premium $4k is like nothing remember because AD car come better in options

HRV not made in Japan.

Japan version is branded Vezel plus more goodies.

Honda Vezel uses DOHC engine for G, X and S and also hybrid

Honda HR-V is SOHC engine for the 1.5, LX and LX Premium, no news about hybrid HR-V

Edited by UncleAtas

Hi bro

You are at a similar that I was a few months back. 

First the Corolla:

Do look up the new Corolla, and see what you are prepared to pay.

Compared to your second choice, the City, it's going to be more value IMO. Hondas then to be priced 5-10% more, and you can't put it down to better engines, parts or much. It's part of the Honda experience, and I enjoyed mine. 

But car buying is not all practical and such, if you think so, and don't want to think too hard, the current offer for the two airbag Corolla is good. Buy it and rest easy in the fact that you have a simple and reliable car, full stop.

Once you start going, what else is there... well that's where the poison sets in... 

What do you mean by more expensive.. is this car for YOU or your wife or the family.

Eg, there are entry level conti cars in your budget, but you have ignored these suggestions, such as the A class, Astra, etc so I assume you aren't keen on them. And before you ask reliability and costs, do some homework - lots of bros have gone before you on this..

Now that you have expanded to 120-130k well even the Camry is in your reach, and so is the FXT etc etc. Many choices, including the driver's choice for a real Jap mid sized sedan - the 2017 Mazda 6. The Corolla has almost the same legroom, but the Mazda 6 is in a different class.

If you can expand to conti, there are many choices open to you, from Opel, Merc etc, depending on that question in bold... so do some homework, discuss with the potential driver of the car if it's not you and then decide. There's no real hurry - you have two weeks til the next bid, and the Motor Show is coming too. COE will also not be low, so you can take some time to think this through.

Good luck bro :)

• Praise 2

HRV not made in Japan.

Japan version is branded Vezel plus more goodies.

Honda Vezel uses DOHC engine for G, X and S and also hybrid

Honda HR-V is SOHC engine for the 1.5, LX and LX Premium, no news about hybrid HR-V

Bro that info is about 6 months old..

The current HRV is also made in Japan with the same engine specs.

• Praise 1

Give yourself a treat and discard all Jap and Kimchi bread and butter car..

Go test drive the Opel Astra, VW Jetta or SEAT Toledo...feel the different.

Especially Astra, it is Voted Sg Favourite Car 2016.

• Praise 3

Dude. I would recommend the camry cos currently its about 140k for the 2.5L (my boss just bought 1) that comes with 5 years warranty + 5 years free svc. Can consider. His picnic is abt 9 years then looking to change then end up gt the camry. I sat in his car ytd, its pretty good and spacious

TS started of with 100k budget. Can stretch to 120-130k but I don't think it is recommended to stretch all the way to 140k.

↡ Advertisement