KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

Looking at the same options for my next ride too. Just purely out of curiosity, which would be your choice and why? I was aiming for a hatch but CO say no. So gotta look for the next best..

My first choice is the 3.3 Stinger GT. It's got everything I want in a car. Downsides are the high road tax and FC.

Second choice is the Giulia Veloce. I've always had a soft spot for Alfas, having owned 2 previously. Downside is the high price.

RS245 comes in 3rd. It's the most VFM among the three and possibly the most frugal. Downside is the looks which my wife can't accept.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

My first choice is the 3.3 Stinger GT. It's got everything I want in a car. Downsides are the high road tax and FC.

Second choice is the Giulia Veloce. I've always had a soft spot for Alfas, having owned 2 previously. Downside is the high price.

RS245 comes in 3rd. It's the most VFM among the three and possibly the most frugal. Downside is the looks which my wife can't accept.

Mai Tu liao ....... get the Stinger .  :D

• Praise 3

I got 630km full tank for my 2L Toyota hybrid Stinger. If FC is your consideration.

That said my routes 80-90% is highway.

Normally my highway route gives me 14.5km/L on comfort mode, when I drive quickly on Sports also can get 11km/L on the trip computer. My avg reading shown is 11.5km/L.

I am in the opposite situation as you - CO loves the RS245 but I cannot get past its looks even though it is as you say most VFM choice. I think it sounds like you have your heart set on the 3.3 V6 already - road tax is a once a year cost, i think still can stomach. Giulia Veloce and Giulia are based off the same engine, so you should be able to tune the base to higher spec. And i was told euro auto is going to bring in race chip, can bring it up closer to veloce power. but veloce looks more chio la with the 18" and other cosmetic differences..

I am in the opposite situation as you - CO loves the RS245 but I cannot get past its looks even though it is as you say most VFM choice. I think it sounds like you have your heart set on the 3.3 V6 already - road tax is a once a year cost, i think still can stomach. Giulia Veloce and Giulia are based off the same engine, so you should be able to tune the base to higher spec. And i was told euro auto is going to bring in race chip, can bring it up closer to veloce power. but veloce looks more chio la with the 18" and other cosmetic differences..

quite unusual for wives to like pocket rockets  [laugh]

Yup definitely.

If I could choose between the two stock 19" designs, I'd opt for this:

52907224-1.jpg

I prefer this design too

4J9luCE.jpg

Dunno why some people can say something so small and inconspicuous can make the car ugly.. [hur]

If it helps, our side mirrors can tilt down upon reverse if you select either of them. Cannot both tilt, only 1 side.

Where is the camera? Found it. I thought u installed the genuine kia 360 camera module. Edited by Yexiang

Place inner is to check blindspot.

Place outer like us, is to check rim.

This mirror in the first place is intended to check blindspot,not for possible kerb rash mah [laugh]

Oh I never knew that it was to check blindspot... it's rather small and I can't really see well in a hurry when changing lanes... so never even thought that that was the original reason for it's existence...

I used it on my previous ride but not this one. Cos my car will tilt both mirrors even when the wing mirror selector is flicked to either side... the Elantra also has this feature... I think the Kia Cerato also has it as does the Optima... so I'm quite surprised that the Stinger only tilts one side... quite strange... is it if you select right wing mirror, the right side tilts? Or it is fixed; that is on?ly one side will tilt regardless of where your selector is?

Oh I never knew that it was to check blindspot... it's rather small and I can't really see well in a hurry when changing lanes... so never even thought that that was the original reason for it's existence...

I used it on my previous ride but not this one. Cos my car will tilt both mirrors even when the wing mirror selector is flicked to either side... the Elantra also has this feature... I think the Kia Cerato also has it as does the Optima... so I'm quite surprised that the Stinger only tilts one side... quite strange... is it if you select right wing mirror, the right side tilts? Or it is fixed; that is on?ly one side will tilt regardless of where your selector is?

If you select left side, then left side mirror will tilt when on R. Vice versa for right side. Unable to both tilt unless I’m doing something wrong.

I prefer this design too

Where is the camera? Found it. I thought u installed the genuine kia 360 camera module.

No lah just the small blind spot mirrors. Low cost option.

If you select left side, then left side mirror will tilt when on R. Vice versa for right side. Unable to both tilt unless Iâm doing something wrong.

No lah just the small blind spot mirrors. Low cost option.

No leh... you didn't do anything wrong... maybe you can check with C&C when you service... na be when you're there you could test out the test drive cars for the Stinger or even the Cerato and Optima (choose the top trims) and see if their wing mirrors do the same thing as yours?

No leh... you didn't do anything wrong... maybe you can check with C&C when you service... na be when you're there you could test out the test drive cars for the Stinger or even the Cerato and Optima (choose the top trims) and see if their wing mirrors do the same thing as yours?

I think it is normal.  I haven't heard both wing mirror tilt when R is engaged.

I think it is normal. I haven't heard both wing mirror tilt when R is engaged.

It does tilt down on both side for mine. On both L or R except in the middle it will not.

Weird, mine doesn't do that. On L, only L side tilt, vice versa. Not both.

Yours is 3.3?

Yes GT. When is your car produce? Maybe due to YOM thats why.