KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

Hi Bros/sis, I not a stinger owner but a lover. Just really need a honest opinion, really reliable to buy the 2.0litre gt line? Cos saw the overseas forum, they faces various petty problems with the car that cannot be resolved. Is the latest version in SG with better built. TIA

Edited by ErnsGor
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi Bros/sis, I not a stinger owner but a lover. Just really need a honest opinion, really reliable to buy the 2.0litre gt line? Cos saw the overseas forum, they faces various petty problems with the car that cannot be resolved. Is the latest version in SG with better built. TIA

every car make has petty problems.even my Lexus is not perfect.depends if u can live with it.things to concern about are chassis,engine,transmission and maintenance.if all these major parts are lasting than you shouldn't worry much..my 2 cents.

FYI,i test drove this car.it doesn't roll as much as a 3 series,not as bulky as an E class,larger interior than an XE and just as zippy as a mini. that's how good it is.

Which issues are they not able to rectify? FYI some issues maybe present but not always the case as left and right hand drive platform differs slightly. In fact The common issues reported overseas I have yet to face any maybe some of the owners here may chip in their experience with the Stinger.

The car had been performing flawlessly for mine. In fact I am surprise being a 1st year model the car is performing this good. The information from overseas can be use as a guide and may not reflect actual vehicles here.

Which issues are they not able to rectify? FYI some issues maybe present but not always the case as left and right hand drive platform differs slightly. In fact The common issues reported overseas I have yet to face any maybe some of the owners here may chip in their experience with the Stinger.

The car had been performing flawlessly for mine. In fact I am surprise being a 1st year model the car is performing this good. The information from overseas can be use as a guide and may not reflect actual vehicles here.

Thks bros above for the feedback.

every car make has petty problems.even my Lexus is not perfect.depends if u can live with it.things to concern about are chassis,engine,transmission and maintenance.if all these major parts are lasting than you shouldn't worry much..my 2 cents.

FYI,i test drove this car.it doesn't roll as much as a 3 series,not as bulky as an E class,larger interior than an XE and just as zippy as a mini. that's how good it is.

Thanks bro for the feedback

How many willing to buy the âtop dogâ?

It was a close decision. The 40K price difference between GT (3.3t) and GT Line (2.0t) is 10K tax (emissions) and 30K price difference. If you factor in dynamic suspension, 19" staggered rims/tyres, larger engine, it is really quite worth it.

The problem is that once I started adding road tax, insurance and petrol consumption increase for 3.3t over 2.0t, the cost of ownership became too large for me to bear. Especially after test driving the 2.0t. :)

Yet to collect mine, but been trolling the forums. Seems like a lot of the small issues reported like sound insulation (rear), rattling, etc... are not common, and are not too tough to fix DIY.

Go for a test drive. You will be sold. I did, and I was. There is simply no other car in Singapore at this price range that has this balance of looks, refinement and dynamics. It was finally down to Infinity Q50 or Stinger GT Line (2.0t) for me. The clincher was the test drive. No comparison in terms of driving dynamics.

• Praise 11

Yet to collect mine, but been trolling the forums. Seems like a lot of the small issues reported like sound insulation (rear), rattling, etc... are not common, and are not too tough to fix DIY.

Go for a test drive. You will be sold. I did, and I was. There is simply no other car in Singapore at this price range that has this balance of looks, refinement and dynamics. It was finally down to Infinity Q50 or Stinger GT Line (2.0t) for me. The clincher was the test drive. No comparison in terms of driving dynamics.

Q50? interesting option. Not sure about its build quality, but looks dated inside and out.

I would have picked stinger over it like u.

It was a close decision. The 40K price difference between GT (3.3t) and GT Line (2.0t) is 10K tax (emissions) and 30K price difference. If you factor in dynamic suspension, 19" staggered rims/tyres, larger engine, it is really quite worth it.

The problem is that once I started adding road tax, insurance and petrol consumption increase for 3.3t over 2.0t, the cost of ownership became too large for me to bear. Especially after test driving the 2.0t. :)

‘Worth it but too much for me to bear’

Yea same can be said for a Porsche Macan :)

heard from owners that Q50 is expensive to maintain.think u made the right choice.i liked it alot too when i test drove this machine.

congrats..so what color did u pick?

heard from owners that Q50 is expensive to maintain.think u made the right choice.i liked it alot too when i test drove this machine.

congrats..so what color did u pick?

Q50 has Mercedes engine and drive train, so Wearnes must price servicing like C&C.

Q50 has Mercedes engine and drive train, so Wearnes must price servicing like C&C.

C&C pricing for servicing is quite reasonable - $400+ minor and $600+ for major. I did all my servicing there even after warranty but change parts like suspension, engine mounting and petrol pump outside.

Suddenly heard on the radio Kia advertisement for Stinger.

1st time I’ve heard it actually... are they finally gonna be serious about promoting this model ? lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1