KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

A good car but C&C AD is not so good... so when it comes time to claim warranty, who knows if you can get it? As good as no warranty...

I have no issue claiming warranty with KIA (C&C). 2 months before warranty ends... my Alternator died. Sent in and replace without any issue. 2 days before warranty ends, they changed aircon compressor under warranty as well.

*Note: I have been going to their servicing since day 1.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I have no issue claiming warranty with KIA (C&C). 2 months before warranty ends... my Alternator died. Sent in and replace without any issue. 2 days before warranty ends, they changed aircon compressor under warranty as well.

*Note: I have been going to their servicing since day 1.

If you have been servicing with them since day 1, of cos no issue lah.......

They already earned gao gao from you, give you 1 free alternator and aircon compressor also no problem.

What matters is can a customer claim warranty even when they go outside to service?

• Praise 1

If you have been servicing with them since day 1, of cos no issue lah.......

They already earned gao gao from you, give you 1 free alternator and aircon compressor also no problem.

What matters is can a customer claim warranty even when they go outside to service?

Why not? My colleague’s 2015 K3 also service outside. He just claim his water pump.

The main thing is not about whether C&C allows u to claim or not. The main thing is did u modify your car or did you not follow the maintenance guide to service your car or did you use original parts for your wear and tear?

When I was at C&C Pandan Gardens, I ever saw a guy shouting with the service manager on why warranty not honoured? The service Manager explained to him, the part that is spoil, mainly is because of the modification he done. He added turbo, convert fog light to HID, change One of the intake manifold.... in this case, C&C of cos wont honour warranty.

- u service outside nvm. But make sure they maintain according to the manufacturer’s guide, change original parts.

- u want do modification, make sure the work is done properly outside. They may honour and may not honour. Depending which part is the spoiled part and whether there’s any link to your modification.

- if they ever reject you from claiming warranty, u may check if u done any wrong in servicing or maintainence. Otherwise, u can lodge a complain to CASE.

In fact all ADs are the same. Example, U try to tune ur audi to stage 3 and ur ECU gone. U see audi will honour ur warranty? Or u try change aftermarket parts instead of original parts, u see any AD will honour your warranty?

In my case, yes, I went back for servicing. I bought their service package as well. But that does not constitute to linking servicing with claiming warranty. Fyi, my aircon compressor was not given in the 1st feedback to them. They claim no fault on the compressor at all. Only 2nd time i complaint then they change for me.

So base on what u mean, since i go back servicing, they should change for me on 1st feedback. But they didnt. So i dont think there’s any linkage between servicing and warranty. U can servicing outside, change the original parts, they will still honour ur warranty.

• Praise 6

Why not? My colleagueâs 2015 K3 also service outside. He just claim his water pump.

The main thing is not about whether C&C allows u to claim or not. The main thing is did u modify your car or did you not follow the maintenance guide to service your car or did you use original parts for your wear and tear?

When I was at C&C Pandan Gardens, I ever saw a guy shouting with the service manager on why warranty not honoured? The service Manager explained to him, the part that is spoil, mainly is because of the modification he done. He added turbo, convert fog light to HID, change One of the intake manifold.... in this case, C&C of cos wont honour warranty.

- u service outside nvm. But make sure they maintain according to the manufacturerâs guide, change original parts.

- u want do modification, make sure the work is done properly outside. They may honour and may not honour. Depending which part is the spoiled part and whether thereâs any link to your modification.

- if they ever reject you from claiming warranty, u may check if u done any wrong in servicing or maintainence. Otherwise, u can lodge a complain to CASE.

In fact all ADs are the same. Example, U try to tune ur audi to stage 3 and ur ECU gone. U see audi will honour ur warranty? Or u try change aftermarket parts instead of original parts, u see any AD will honour your warranty?

In my case, yes, I went back for servicing. I bought their service package as well. But that does not constitute to linking servicing with claiming warranty. Fyi, my aircon compressor was not given in the 1st feedback to them. They claim no fault on the compressor at all. Only 2nd time i complaint then they change for me.

So base on what u mean, since i go back servicing, they should change for me on 1st feedback. But they didnt. So i dont think thereâs any linkage between servicing and warranty. U can servicing outside, change the original parts, they will still honour ur warranty.

Very valid point. You need to sign indemity form before you do Stage 1 with Audi but they will honour sunce its MTM by them. Stay stock until warrant over.

Very valid point. You need to sign indemity form before you do Stage 1 with Audi but they will honour sunce its MTM by them. Stay stock until warrant over.

Right.

Alot of them think outside workshop do the same as AD. But when problem surface, they blame AD for not helping them.

I guess it helps for some newbies. Like myself, when i bought my first car, i just paid whatever the list price.

Then until someone told me he managed to ask for some stuff or nego the price, then i realized how silly i was on my first car

Heng my uncle intro me to first car.

Got good deal too as he "poke" sales lady. Not physically.

• Praise 1

Heng my uncle intro me to first car.

Got good deal too as he "poke" sales lady. Not physically.

Haha congrats. Sometimes we dont know what we dont know

test drove the Stinger yesterday and really a good drive. omg now giving me headache on which one to choose.

9 months in with my Stinger and still very happy!

go go go!

• Praise 1

My house carpark got 1 owner sold his Lexus for Brand new BMW last yr. this year, he sold his BMW for Stinger. Same car plate number.

My house carpark got 1 owner sold his Lexus for Brand new BMW last yr. this year, he sold his BMW for Stinger. Same car plate number.

Wah... every year change car...

Can state the specific model? Wanna know the profile of stinger buyers.

Choose among Stinger and what other car?

Got same dilemna, test drove both 3.3 GT and 2.0GT Line.  Really love the Nardo Grey test unit with red seats at Fulco (Kia Ubi). would buy the 3.3GT in a hearbeat but it would be a big stretch to afford the 3.3GT now as the difference in running costs is a big issue for me. (another +SGD 8000/yr [crazy] )

So i have no choice but to compare the 2.0GT line or newing my current ride coe for 10years. both around same yearly costs (incl. fuel insurance maintenance roadtaxes etc) decisions decisions :we-all-gonna-die:

Choose among Stinger and what other car?

thinking between Jaguar XE, Audi A4 and this car. haha. price range all about the same one. 

Ruled out mercs and bmw already because both cars no feel after test drive.

thinking between Jaguar XE, Audi A4 and this car. haha. price range all about the same one.

Ruled out mercs and bmw already because both cars no feel after test drive.

Okie all the best!

All three have their own merits but I think Stinger is the best overall package, except for the badge.

Second is the A4.

Last Jag.

• Praise 3

Okie all the best!

All three have their own merits but I think Stinger is the best overall package, except for the badge.

Second is the A4.

Last Jag.

tough choice. haha. yea i agree. really liked the looks of the Stinger and the drive.

Heard the XE has reliability and quality issues... I think Korean still more reliable? Ha ha...

the SE called me earlier to say XE having some lifetime servicing promo man

↡ Advertisement