KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

I'm considering between

1. Piggyback tuning (claimed 60bhp 130nm)

2. Brembo brakes (from a Stinger GT)

Tough choice  [sweatdrop]

hearsay the stock brembo from 3.3 not v good.

many claim warranty for warped rotor

hearsay the stock brembo from 3.3 not v good.

many claim warranty for warped rotor

Warped rotors are extremely common among most new cars in sg these days. 

The intense ambient temp we have plus the fact that we do alot of slow start stop driving really heat up the rotors big time, and then... came heavy downpour and water gets splashed everywhere and certainly onto the rotors themselves too. 

The rapid expansion and contraction of the rotors will warp the surface in no time.

Whats important is that c n c are willing to allow customers to claim warranty on the rotors. 

U buy from A****e and see if you can or not. Warp rotors are considered wear n tear so no warranty :a-bang:  [thumbsdown]  [furious]

That's what i thought but the Brembo brakes is twice the cost of the tuning  [:(]

And hor the stock 18" rims in Stinger.. hides the red calipers too much. I might end up changing rims & tires (from CSC5 to PS4).. by then the cost balloon liao lol  [laugh]

18'' looks small on stinger. Stinger is a relatively big car. Need at least 19''

Slowly change lor, rims first then bbk. There many Taiwan bbk that are just as reputable as brembo, slightly cheaper and probably lose on branding

BBK ftw!! I've had BBKs for the past 9 years.

Current with stock 4 pots

F6AC1EB0-0FFF-469B-9F2D-43B2E4578B27.jpeg

(My ex car upgraded to AP Racing 4 pot)

A200128F-2795-4642-874E-DDA2C49BD29B.jpeg

My ex ex car with stock Brembos

B6FC033C-8409-4C0D-858F-65742D8F19BD.jpeg

My ex ex ex car, also with stock Brembos

93066004-63AC-4FA4-A5A6-A613075FAA88.jpeg

Sorry make it 11 years

My ex ex ex ex car ð¤£

D58DA7ED-4E85-43C9-A8A1-975BE0BDB6FF.jpeg

You must be a very patient man to have owned so many Alfas... ha ha ha...

Maybe I've grown used to it. Now the stock brakes feel abit spongey. At first I found the bite very good. That's why thinking of getting BBK.

Wah... you must be smoking those tires at every opportunity to feel that the stock brakes are spongy...

By the way I always see a dark blue Stinger on PIE from West side exit through Eng Neo Ave and then turn off to Dunearn Road and then disappear somewhere along that road after National Junior College... belong to any Stinger thread regulars here... I always admire the super distinctive rear lights from a distance... in the long queue of cars driving along the highway, I can spot it a mile off cos it's the only car with those rear lights design... makes my heart skip a beat when I see it...

Agree that it is a very nice car..But don't seem to be very common on the roads..Any reason for that?

Simple. With that price, many ppl will lean towards conti cars.. It's about performance vs brand, most will choose latter.
  • Praise 1

Simple. With that price, many ppl will lean towards conti cars.. It's about performance vs brand, most will choose latter.

there was a time, when contis were 100% crap. The rust level was ridiculous.

And overheating was a regular and "normal" from the workshop point of view.

That was the era where Skoda and Lada was the Russian tanks. Can tahan kanna weck by Japanese car in an accident.

But cannot survive two months without breakdown unless modded to Japanese parts.

When Hyundai Pony was really a Pony and the horsepower was really disappointing.

But in todays context with a more mature mindset in the internet age, those buying decision has change somewhat and the purchase of a non-mainstream ride is more towards of knowing what you are buying, rather than peer pressure.

Those that are ignorant will continue to buy the glorious badge.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 3

Agree that it is a very nice car..But don't seem to be very common on the roads..Any reason for that?

2.0T Stinger $150K vs a whole slew of entry level conti. At this segment, badge appeal counts for a lot, moreover in Asian context like Singapore where face value is highly emphasized.

Badge appeal > performance, style, equipment list, driving dynamics

But all of us, no matter what we buy, happy can liao.

• Praise 2

2.0T Stinger $150K vs a whole slew of entry level conti. At this segment, badge appeal counts for a lot, moreover in Asian context like Singapore where face value is highly emphasized.

Badge appeal > performance, style, equipment list, driving dynamics

But all of us, no matter what we buy, happy can liao.

Like I said, name one Conti brand/model that can do century sprint in 6.5 secs straight off the showroom floor and still able to sit 5 comfortably for $150k?? 

$150k can only get you a Mazda CX5 2.5L super Luxury model or a Mazda 6 2.5L Lux model, both can't even break the 8.5s mark... Yes both will rep one of the very best the Japs can do in terms of build quality and materials used...but performance? hahaha... 

• Praise 1

Like I said, name one Conti brand/model that can do century sprint in 6.5 secs straight off the showroom floor and still able to sit 5 comfortably for $150k?? 

Skoda Octavia RS, $130k.

Subaru WRX, $150k but this is Jap.

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 4

$150k can only get you a Mazda CX5 2.5L super Luxury model or a Mazda 6 2.5L Lux model, both can't even break the 8.5s mark... Yes both will rep one of the very best the Japs can do in terms of build quality and materials used...but performance? hahaha...

Naysayers will say in Singapore need so much power for what?

Last week during an extended family gathering, my wife's Uncle commented to my cousin why buy a turbo in Singapore. Singapore so small need turbo for what.

I feel like punching him in the face

Skoda Octavia RS, $130k.

Subaru WRX, $150k.

Skoda...seriously? Buy a Czech VW and hoping it will be reliable?

WRX yes it can.. but... sit 5 comfortably? in a WRX?

this kind of people if he bought a car that is >100bhp must shove sai into his arse ... 

eat their own words sai

I feel like punching him in the face

Edited by Wt_know

U will be surprise.

Yes comfortably at least for my family. 

:D 

• Praise 2