KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

this kind of people if he bought a car that is >100bhp must shove sai into his arse ...

eat their own words sai

My cousin asked the uncle what car he drives.

The uncle said "Honda Freedom"

I nearly choked.

↡ Advertisement

Naysayers will say in Singapore need so much power for what?

Last week during an extended family gathering, my wife's Uncle commented to my cousin why buy a turbo in Singapore. Singapore so small need turbo for what.

I feel like punching him in the face

Edited by StingerGT

People who say that usually make do with a small NA engine & expect everyone feel the same way or don't look for driving enjoyment one [laugh]

For the Stinger, even for the base 2.0T on a short stretch of road, already hit 150km/h effortlessly.

EDIT: Guess I'm right.. Honda Freedom lol :a-fun:

So u tell me.. am I being bad for wanting to punch him? Hahahaha

Cannot even get his car model right and he's been the single owner for the past 9 years and going to pay PQP soon.

So u tell me.. am I being bad for wanting to punch him? Hahahaha

Cannot even get his car model right and he's been the single owner for the past 9 years and going to pay PQP soon.

No, I'd join you  :grin:

Like I said, name one Conti brand/model that can do century sprint in 6.5 secs straight off the showroom floor and still able to sit 5 comfortably for $150k??

$150k can only get you a Mazda CX5 2.5L super Luxury model or a Mazda 6 2.5L Lux model, both can't even break the 8.5s mark... Yes both will rep one of the very best the Japs can do in terms of build quality and materials used...but performance? hahaha...

Mazda in this context, give us a break la.

My cousin asked the uncle what car he drives.

The uncle said "Honda Freedom"

I nearly choked.

Maybe he even got the car make wrong.
  • Praise 1

Last week during an extended family gathering, my wife's Uncle commented to my cousin why buy a turbo in Singapore. Singapore so small need turbo for what.

• Praise 3

Skoda...seriously? Buy a Czech VW and hoping it will be reliable?

WRX yes it can.. but... sit 5 comfortably? in a WRX?

Faster than a clattering diesel can liao
  • Praise 2

also many would say drive so fast for what. In front also traffic lights.

very true. But i reach there first.

you blow huh.... :a-happy:

Hahaha, childish.. but I like  :a-t9412:  :a-t9412:  :a-t9412:

• Praise 2

I feel like punching him in the face ð¤£

Very important to have a torquey car in "tiny" Singapore. So that we can continue to be law-abiding.

Let me explain.

You know how I always advocate signalling intent before a lane change? Not only is that basic decency and good etiquette, but it also happens to be the letter of the law.

But Singaporeans being what they are, will try their best to block you after you signal.

Solutions that have been used to this point like signalling and moving almost simultaneously are not perfect. They may even become heavily punished with the new traffic laws that are impending.

While you, as the initiator of "hostilities", may have the edge in mental preparedness, the rather short average human reaction time of the "opponent" pares down any advantage you might think you have.

So the only really viable solution is to use torque to your advantage, like so:

A) continue being courteous and law-abiding and signalling early (at least 1.5s ahead of the move).

B) before any blocking can be done, use that little torque monster to move quickly and safely into the intended lane.

C) don't rise to any flashed high beam provocations. You've won. Safely and legally.

D)???

E) PROFIT!!! $$$ [laugh] [LAUGH] [laugh]

The last two "steps" are only a parody of similar Internet memes. The rest is serious sh*t. :D

• Praise 1

Very important to have a torquey car in "tiny" Singapore. So that we can continue to be law-abiding.

Let me explain.

You know how I always advocate signalling intent before a lane change? Not only is that basic decency and good etiquette, but it also happens to be the letter of the law.

But Singaporeans being what they are, will try their best to block you after you signal.

Solutions that have been used to this point like signalling and moving almost simultaneously are not perfect. They may even become heavily punished with the new traffic laws that are impending.

While you, as the initiator of "hostilities", may have the edge in mental preparedness, the rather short average human reaction time of the "opponent" pares down any advantage you might think you have.

So the only really viable solution is to use torque to your advantage, like so:

A) continue being courteous and law-abiding and signalling early (at least 1.5s ahead of the move).

B) before any blocking can be done, use that little torque monster to move quickly and safely into the intended lane.

C) don't rise to any flashed high beam provocations. You've won. Safely and legally.

D)???

E) PROFIT!!! $$$ [laugh] [LAUGH] [laugh]

The last two "steps" are only a parody of similar Internet memes. The rest is serious sh*t. :D

Ikr

But old fogeys like him will never understand.

Also I don't like him cos he's super anti gahmen just for the sake of being anti. Those irrational type

Better stop talking about him. That side of the family are mostly pricks.

• Praise 2

Skoda...seriously? Buy a Czech VW and hoping it will be reliable?

WRX yes it can.. but... sit 5 comfortably? in a WRX?

Skoda is really value for money for their fleet of cars. Apparently selling better than Volks, their parent.

The contis have improved much in reliability. So the mindset needs to be updated, and not living in the past. Nowadays the japs r having a lot of problems too, and some of the problems are more serious like airbags and fires.

• Praise 1

Ikr

But old fogeys like him will never understand.

Also I don't like him cos he's super anti gahmen just for the sake of being anti. Those irrational type

Better stop talking about him. That side of the family are mostly pricks.

Chill bro, not everyone will agree with u, and u don't need to agree with everyone

you spend your money and enjoy your stinger can liao  [pirate]

Like I said, name one Conti brand/model that can do century sprint in 6.5 secs straight off the showroom floor and still able to sit 5 comfortably for $150k?? 

$150k can only get you a Mazda CX5 2.5L super Luxury model or a Mazda 6 2.5L Lux model, both can't even break the 8.5s mark... Yes both will rep one of the very best the Japs can do in terms of build quality and materials used...but performance? hahaha... 

opel insignia 2L, cost 10k more though

On paper, more hp and torque than stinger 2l. but also heavier

↡ Advertisement