KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

opel insignia 2L, cost 10k more though

On paper, more hp and torque than stinger 2l. but also heavier

The Insignia 2L is a great car. All American inside a German body shell. 

But... you really wouldn't want to touch the AD that's selling Opel.....unless you are willing to be your own mechanic upon new car delivery. 

By that I mean you source for your own consumables parts and whatever parts that maybe required down the road

↡ Advertisement

The Insignia 2L is a great car. All American inside a German body shell. 

But... you really wouldn't want to touch the AD that's selling Opel.....unless you are willing to be your own mechanic upon new car delivery. 

By that I mean you source for your own consumables parts and whatever parts that maybe required down the road

oh ok, i didn't know the AD is so lousy

Is it made in America????

oh ok, i didn't know the AD is so lousy

Is it made in America????

Since the 1st gen insignia it has always been based on the epsilon 2 platform. That platform is mostly used for Chevy Malibu..although the now dead Saab 95 also used the platform.

The insignia 2L u see uses the wonderful 2L ecotec turbo from GM. It also shared the 9 sp yes 9 speed AT from the Malibu turbo as well. Most switch gears are corp GM parts too.

The only exceptions is that among all the cars using the epsilon 2 platform, the insignia is the smallest l. Malibu is the biggest

This car is still aseembled in EU..not really Germany. But majority parts are from USA

Since the 1st gen insignia it has always been based on the epsilon 2 platform. That platform is mostly used for Chevy Malibu..although the now dead Saab 95 also used the platform.

The insignia 2L u see uses the wonderful 2L ecotec turbo from GM. It also shared the 9 sp yes 9 speed AT from the Malibu turbo as well. Most switch gears are corp GM parts too.

The only exceptions is that among all the cars using the epsilon 2 platform, the insignia is the smallest l. Malibu is the biggest

This car is still aseembled in EU..not really Germany. But majority parts are from USA

You and your American dream. Please do some research and convince me here which part of the Insignia is design and/or made in USA.

Edited by Toeknee_33

You and your American dream. Please do some research and convince me here which part of the Insignia is design and/or made in USA.

Well i assume you are an insignia owner? How much are u willing to bet? Lets meet up and i will show u who's right or wrong

GM unit is indeed impressive.

While my ex 5er was struggling to climb over 200, the ex ex 93 was cruising at 230 with no sweat.

But handling of 93 is nowhere near the bimmer. I was actually shock when I kup it the first time.

Well i assume you are an insignia owner? How much are u willing to bet? Lets meet up and i will show u who's right or wrong

I dont need to meet you to know you are wrong. The Epsilon II (E2xx to be exact) platform, the engines, and other major ancilliaries are designed, engineered and produced by Adam Opel AG. Surely that is the core essence of a motor car.

It is then adapted to the needs of the other GM brands like Buick, Holden and Chevy (Korea).Just Google.

If you want to say that the door open chime or the indicator stalk came from the Great GM of USA, then you win.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 3

Not worth. $10K-15K more, more BHP and torque but much slower. On paper is 7.3 seconds but my friend and I tested it, it felt slower than that, possibly due to the transmission.

Weight wise it's only slightly more than the 2.0T Stinger, like 60KG. So i doubt this was the major contributing factor to its sluggish feel.

Not worth. $10K-15K more, more BHP and torque but much slower. On paper is 7.3 seconds but my friend and I tested it, it felt slower than that, possibly due to the transmission.

Weight wise it's only slightly more than the 2.0T Stinger, like 60KG. So i doubt this was the major contributing factor to its sluggish feel.

strangely it's awd, yet 0-100 is relatively slow. ya i guess gearbox not tuned for that

Nah just thinking of alternative to that $150k and horsepower equation.

what's stinger 2L weight btw?

strangely it's awd, yet 0-100 is relatively slow. ya i guess gearbox not tuned for that

Nah just thinking of alternative to that $150k and horsepower equation.

what's stinger 2L weight btw?

1640 KG or so.. I think I saw that on my log card.

Between RWD vs AWD of the same car, the Stinger RWD accelerates at least one tenth of a second faster off the line.. according to overseas specs. Not sure for other cars.

Value for money choice.. Skoda RS245  [thumbsup]

1640 KG or so.. I think I saw that on my log card.

Between RWD vs AWD of the same car, the Stinger RWD accelerates at least one tenth of a second faster off the line.. according to overseas specs. Not sure for other cars.

Value for money choice.. Skoda RS245  [thumbsup]

oh i thought awd is usually faster than rwd off the line, given the same car?

Skoda? ya good price to horsepower ratio. but the design.........not my cup of tea :a-t9412:

Skoda? ya good price to horsepower ratio. but the design.........not my cup of tea :a-t9412:

That's what I thought too. Until I saw one parking in my estate. Not bad lah upclose. You can tell the car looks quite unique and sporty. Not as sexy as the Stinger, that's for sure lah.

(edited)

Modern launch control systems have really narrowed the traction gap, but the extra weight from AWD remains a disadvantage.

There are supercars able to launch ridiculously hard on street rubbers despite RWD.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Modern launch control systems have really narrowed the traction gap, but the extra weight from AWD remains a disadvantage.

There are supercars able to launch ridiculously hard on street rubbers despite RWD.

i see, agreed. mclaren seems to manage the traction from their rear wheels very well

I looked at it 3 years ago... not sure if the model still the same... the rear view through the rear windscreen was terrible... rear seats felt super claustrophobic as the roofline was super low and the C pillars really huge... the height of the rear wind screen was super short... the switchgear felt cheap (exactly same as the Malibu which was next door...

I looked at it 3 years ago... not sure if the model still the same... the rear view through the rear windscreen was terrible... rear seats felt super claustrophobic as the roofline was super low and the C pillars really huge... the height of the rear wind screen was super short... the switchgear felt cheap (exactly same as the Malibu which was next door...

Stinger's rear view also not v good.. Maybe it's inherent design due to liftback boot style. But Stinger got rear view parking camera that can turn on even during D mode.

I use it to check out the sexy car behind or whoever's taking photo of my pigu  [laugh]

(edited)

Stinger's rear view also not v good.. Maybe it's inherent design due to liftback boot style. But Stinger got rear view parking camera that can turn on even during D mode.

I use it to check out the sexy car behind or whoever's taking photo of my pigu  [laugh]

Hahaha... I test drove the current Mondeo liftback and it's rear view isn't too bad... actually quite good... so I think it's the way the liftback is designed... and if I'm not wrong, the Insignia isn't a liftback is it?

In terms of design, it's Stinger > Insignia...

Edited by teomingern

Hahaha... I test drove the current Mondeo liftback and it's rear view isn't too bad... actually quite good... so I think it's the way the liftback is designed... and if I'm not wrong, the Insignia isn't a liftback is it?

In terms of design, it's Stinger > Insignia...

Insignia has liftback for the new version.

Actually i love liftback, makes loading and unloading much easier. Compared to regular sedan, it will have a poorer rearview, but not by much

↡ Advertisement