KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

ok.. i go with your arugment that price wise, it has to be hard to beat with a IS200 or a Infinty with its drive by wire steering.

What is the Stinger key functionality that will beat these two variant ?

Any when come to selling on the resale market, what will the owners be looking at ?

If you were to look at cars like Opel and Skoda before that, you will know that these cars will be like selling a 3 legged horse.

What key functionality? All sports sedans (GTs if you will) tick the basic checkboxes - seats four comfortably, good boot space, has loads of power, drives well / sportily, looks good, high quality interior. None of the brand names do this better than the Stinger GT, neither does the Stinger GT outperform any of these brands in these basic areas... so basically we're looking at the price and the badge...

Anything that has this kind of basics come from uprated mainstream sedans - Focus RS, Golf GTi, Megane GTi, etc... hot hatches at best... not a dedicated GT... I say it again, not a dedicated GT...

↡ Advertisement

What key functionality? All sports sedans (GTs if you will) tick the basic checkboxes - seats four comfortably, good boot space, has loads of power, drives well / sportily, looks good, high quality interior. None of the brand names do this better than the Stinger GT, neither does the Stinger GT outperform any of these brands in these basic areas... so basically we're looking at the price and the badge...

Anything that has this kind of basics come from uprated mainstream sedans - Focus RS, Golf GTi, Megane GTi, etc... hot hatches at best... not a dedicated GT... I say it again, not a dedicated GT...

seats four comfortably, good boot space, has loads of power, drives well / sportily, looks good, high quality interior

That means

no Dynamic control Chassis

No Blind spot monitoring

No Auto parking

No Lane departure

No Lane assist

No driver Alert

No Climatic Control

No Brake Assist

Car seem pretty EXTRA-Ordinary

Not all buyers are incline to buy any car that comes from korea.

Just like not everyone who goes for lunch eat like a construction worker. As long as theres plenty of rice and its cheap, they eat anything as its process as waste at the end of the day kind of thinking. 

Once car sold, slam the door and good bye joe.. gotta go... 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

seats four comfortably, good boot space, has loads of power, drives well / sportily, looks good, high quality interior

That means

No Blind spot monitoring

No Auto parking

No Lane departure

No Lane assist

No driver Alert

No Climatic Control

No Brake Assist

Just like not everyone who goes for lunch eat like a construction worker. As long as theres plenty of rice and its cheap, they eat anything as its process as waste at the end of the day kind of thinking. 

Once car sold, slam the door and good bye joe.. gotta go... 

On the contrary, most of the above features are available on the Stinger, including adaptive cruise (per article below). 

At the end of the day, the main issue is badge, which we are all cognizant of - a point which some of us prioritize more highly than others.

There's no need to invent fictional new issues to bring down the car. 

http://www.caradvice.com.au/585254/2018-kia-stinger-pricing-and-specs/?source=carousel&slot=0

• Praise 1

On the contrary, most of the above features are available on the Stinger, including adaptive cruise (per article below). 

At the end of the day, the main issue is badge, which we are all cognizant of - a point which some of us prioritize more highly than others.

There's no need to invent fictional new issues to bring down the car. 

http://www.caradvice.com.au/585254/2018-kia-stinger-pricing-and-specs/?source=carousel&slot=0

just hope you are right. 

Because from the earlier statement is as long as seats 4 - (not 5 adult ) , Good boot space -( anything bigger then a Suzuki Swift ) has lots of power (2.0 245 bhp lately every other conti also 220 to 250 bhp so its average power blah ..) drives well ( not sure of the definition as some of the cars review overseas seems to mention is rock and roll like a boat and its acceptable ) Sportily , looks good ( while I like the look like evryone else, if it comes with stock halogon bulb it going to look like this 

VW-Golf-MkVII-1.2-TSI-front1.jpg

vs

golf01.jpg?mode=pad

High-quality interior ( means calf supple leather almost everything is soft touch ) 

. And what you read in Australia may not truly be what will be of the same specs in SG. Same for the Sportage, the Australia and Singapore specs are different.

Poverty specs as compared to properly specs due to taxes.

Edited by Sdf4786k

That means

No Blind spot monitoring

No Auto parking

No Lane departure

No Lane assist

No driver Alert

No Climatic Control

No Brake Assist

Just like not everyone who goes for lunch eat like a construction worker. As long as theres plenty of rice and its cheap, they eat anything as its process as waste at the end of the day kind of thinking.

Once car sold, slam the door and good bye joe.. gotta go...

U know. I have always asked my male friends. What do u look for in a car?

I find it incredulous to hear things like. Apple car play. Bluetooth! Autopark assist. Lane assist etc. Audi sequential signal (which is the most lame thing I see)

I find these extremely gimmicky.

Seriously when one buy such GT cars, should he be looking at such "gadgets"? I don't even consider these as good to have. Basically these are distractions on the purchase price.

Give me a car that drives damn well, the power, the exhilarating experience, the steering control... Everything else is secondary.

If U really really want entertainment? Put a iPad mini on the dashboard.

• Praise 6

just hope you are right. 

Because from the earlier statement is as long as seats 4 - (not 5 adult ) , Good boot space -( anything bigger then a Suzuki Swift ) has lots of power (2.0 245 bhp lately every other conti also 220 to 250 bhp so its average power blah ..) drives well ( not sure of the definition as some of the cars review overseas seems to mention is rock and roll like a boat and its acceptable ) Sportily , looks good ( while I like the look like evryone else, if it comes with stock halogon bulb it going to look like this 

vs

High-quality interior ( means calf supple leather almost everything is soft touch ) 

. And what you read in Australia may not truly be what will be of the same specs in SG. Same for the Sportage, the Australia and Singapore specs are different.

Poverty specs as compared to properly specs due to taxes.

There are definitely differences between countries- that's inevitable.

But big picture, you have a good looking car with 245 or 365 horses, tuned by the long-time chief engineer of BMW M sports (as his first big global project) and an army of BMW and Porsche engineers, selling for the price of a base A4/C-class/3-series plus/minus 15%. 

As @friendstar has pointed out, I don't think climate control or auto-parking features should be key decision criteria, no matter specification differences between countries. 

Is it as good as or better than a Mercedes AMG C43 in every aspect i.e. interior quality or in transmission ? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but then again, at half the price, should it be expected to be ?

Edited by Fungyee77
  • Praise 1

150k..i will buy harrier from borneo.. so will alot of sinkies.. don't ve to try or guess...

U know. I have always asked my male friends. What do u look for in a car?

I find it incredulous to hear things like. Apple car play. Bluetooth! Autopark assist. Lane assist etc. Audi sequential signal (which is the most lame thing I see)

I find these extremely gimmicky.

Seriously when one buy such GT cars, should he be looking at such "gadgets"? I don't even consider these as good to have. Basically these are distractions on the purchase price.

Give me a car that drives damn well, the power, the exhilarating experience, the steering control... Everything else is secondary.

If U really really want entertainment? Put a iPad mini on the dashboard.

cos u ask ur male frds who only think of car as a car mah...
  • Praise 1

150k..i will buy harrier from borneo.. so will alot of sinkies.. don't ve to try or guess...

cos u ask ur male frds who only think of car as a car mah...

I agree though. I hope tai kors here will support by buying the stinger if it really launch in Singapore.

CnC need alot of sales motivation to continue bringing this model in.

• Praise 1

if C&C brings it in... it won't be called C&C...

they are businessman... can't blame them

same for Hong Seh

Now Hong Seh has turned PI.

More freedom to decide what they want to sell, without the commitments to the principals

There are definitely differences between countries- that's inevitable.

But big picture, you have a good looking car with 245 or 365 horses, tuned by the long-time chief engineer of BMW M sports (as his first big global project) and an army of BMW and Porsche engineers, selling for the price of a base A4/C-class/3-series plus/minus 15%. 

As @friendstar has pointed out, I don't think climate control or auto-parking features should be key decision criteria, no matter specification differences between countries. 

Is it as good as or better than a Mercedes AMG C43 in every aspect i.e. interior quality or in transmission ? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but then again, at half the price, should it be expected to be ?

half price but equal to AMG C43, sure, anyone would be dumb not to buy.

But if its like a 

peroduo 

mini-cooper-style-bodykit-custom-design-

std_b_390_you_1.jpg

and is sold base on look, then we talking about ver different angle and propective of what we buying.

Most buyers buy for functionality. If you are buying a Taxi for UBER or Grab, sure, dont need much. If can cut down on airbag to reduce 5,000 , so much the better as you buying 500 cars for the company. Makes perfect sense. But not so much from a driver who is out making a living to be facing this "wont happen one lah " risk.

While we think apple carplay as not required , since you can just turn it on and bluetooth to a creative roar, why waste money ?.

The fact of the matter is , we move on. Ask any scooby owners back then when the world had move on, the WRX still comes equip with cassette Tape deck from the factory. You can say it serve a different buyer as they like retro feel.

Sure, WRX owners and Modern day car buyer are of a different degree of buyers, just like A86 and BRZ, they appeal to the owners that buy cars for what it is, the best there is.

So why does the car not sell in big numbers ? No turbo, lack of creature comfort, metal that is yesterday era technology just to made it cheap, and it shows.

Because the general population comes to expect things like Aircon and ABS as default, just like Carplay is considered a default item. else you be still running around with a big button spartan Nokia 6680.

half price but equal to AMG C43, sure, anyone would be dumb not to buy.

But if its like a

peroduo

mini-cooper-style-bodykit-custom-design-

std_b_390_you_1.jpg

and is sold base on look, then we talking about ver different angle and propective of what we buying.

Most buyers buy for functionality. If you are buying a Taxi for UBER or Grab, sure, dont need much. If can cut down on airbag to reduce 5,000 , so much the better as you buying 500 cars for the company. Makes perfect sense. But not so much from a driver who is out making a living to be facing this "wont happen one lah " risk.

While we think apple carplay as not required , since you can just turn it on and bluetooth to a creative roar, why waste money ?.

The fact of the matter is , we move on. Ask any scooby owners back then when the world had move on, the WRX still comes equip with cassette Tape deck from the factory. You can say it serve a different buyer as they like retro feel.

Sure, WRX owners and Modern day car buyer are of a different degree of buyers, just like A86 and BRZ, they appeal to the owners that buy cars for what it is, the best there is.

So why does the car not sell in big numbers ? No turbo, lack of creature comfort, metal that is yesterday era technology just to made it cheap, and it shows.

Because the general population comes to expect things like Aircon and ABS as default, just like Carplay is considered a default item. else you be still running around with a big button spartan Nokia 6680.

I think u r digressing too much with many out of point statements.

Not sure what your objective is with dissing this car, but to nitpick on not having (insignificant) features in a GT car like Apple Carplay or lane departure assist is rather

• Praise 1

I think u r digressing too much with many out of point statements.

Not sure what your objective is with dissing this car, but to nitpick on not having (insignificant) features in a GT car like Apple Carplay or lane departure assist is rather